How to fast travel in Diablo 4: All waypoint locations in Season 2
Diablo 4 Season 2 is here and one of the first things you’d want to do is unlock all the waypoints on the map that help in fast-traveling. Here are all the waypoint locations in Diablo 4 Season 2 spread around Fractured Peaks, Scosglen, Dry Steppes, Kehjistan, and Hawezar.
Regardless of your playstyle and mount capabilities, you’ll most likely use fast travel in Diablo 4 a lot. However, the feature is viable only if you’ve unlocked all the waypoints on the map as they are the sole places you can fast travel between.
While the map area discovered doesn’t reset with a new season, you still have to unlock all the waypoints from scratch with seasonal characters. Doing so also contributes to your Renown which is a great mechanic to get account-wide buffs for your characters.
On that note, here’s how to fast-travel in Diablo 4 and all the waypoint locations in Fractured Peaks, Scosglen, Dry Steppes, Hawezar, and Kehjistan.
- How to unlock fast travel in Diablo 4
- All waypoint locations in Diablo 4
- How to use town portals for fast travel in Diablo 4
- How to fast travel with Nightmare Dungeons in Diablo 4
How to unlock fast travel in Diablo 4
Upon reaching Kyovashad, just go to the city’s center, where you’ll find the first Waypoint. On the map, waypoints are marked with a symbol of a triangle inside a circle.
All waypoint locations in Diablo 4
Diablo 4 has five major regions and there are a total of 35 waypoints in the game. Here’s how you unlock them all:
The directions to reach these waypoints in the game are as follows:
- This is the first town that you’ll visit in Diablo 4 called Nevesk. The teleport waypoint here activates after you’ve activated the Kyovashad teleport waypoint.
- Nostrava is a stronghold that you need to save from the demons after which it turns into a teleport waypoint as well.
- A small hamlet located on the northwestern edge of Fractured Peaks.
- Kyovashad is the first major city you’ll find in Diablo 4 and this waypoint is right at its center.
- A small hamlet located in Margrave.
- You’ll find this waypoint while exploring Yelesna for the main story quests.
- The northeastern edge of the map.
Here’s how to find these waypoints in the Scosglen region in Diablo 4:
- Cerrigar is the hub city of Scosglen, located in the center of the region.
- Firebreak Manor is a key location in Diablo 4’s campaign.
- Tul Dulra is one of the Strongholds in this region, so you’ll need to clear it to use the waypoint.
- Once you clear Tul Dulra, head north to find the Marowen settlement.
- You can head to the Braestaig waypoint either heading north from Cerrigar or southeast from Marowen.
- Braestaig is a great place to explore the whole Scosglen region. You can keep heading east to find the Corbach Stronghold.
- Unlocking the Tirmair waypoint will give you access to many useful areas as well as services, since it works as another hub for the Scosglen region.
- Under the Fat Goose Inn is a very particular waypoint that will unlock quests with interesting and dark turns. You can reach it heading south from Tirmair.
Follow these directions to find every waypoint in the Dry Steppes region in Diablo 4:
- Ked Bardu acts as the main hub city in the Dry Steppes region so you’ll reach it right away when exploring.
- The Onyx Watchtower is a perfectly located Stronghold you’ll need to clear to use as fast travel waypoint.
- Farobru is another Stronghold you’ll find easily while exploring Dry Steppes.
- Fate’s Retreat is a key location in Diablo 4’s main story.
- Hidden Overlook is located south of Fate’s Retreat and plays an important role in the campaign as well.
- The Ruins of Qara-Yisu is a great waypoint to explore the southern areas of Dry Steppes.
- Jirandai is another important city in this region, so be sure to unlock the waypoint to access useful services.
- Alzuuda is an important location for players looking for PvP action, so not all players might be interested in unlocking it right away.
Here’s how to find these waypoints in the Kehjistan region in Diablo 4:
- Whether you reach Kehjistan from Hawezar or Dry Steppes, you’ll probably find the Tarsarak waypoint first.
- Denshar is located in another Fields of Hatred location, meaning you can expect a lot of PvP action there.
- The westernmost waypoint of Kehjistan is Gea Kul, the main hub city in this region.
- Fans of the franchise will be glad to reunite with the Iron Wolves located north of Gea Kul.
- The Altar of Ruin is a key story location in Diablo 4, so you’ll reach the waypoint one way or another.
- East of the Altar of Ruin you’ll find the Imperial Library, another key location in the main campaign.
Diablo 4 players will find only six waypoints in Hawezar, and here’s how to reach each of them:
- If you’re coming from Fractured Peaks, you’ll need to head southwest to reach Zarbinzet. However, heading southeast from Kehjistan is the fastest way.
- Vyeresz is another stronghold that you need to clear before you can use it as a teleport waypoint.
- The Ruins of Rakhat Keep are a key location in Diablo 4’s story, so you shouldn’t have any trouble getting there.
- The Wejinhani waypoint is located north of the region and will help you explore a large portion of Hawezar.
- The Writhing Mire is also part of important quests in the game, so you won’t have trouble reaching it.
- You’ll need to clear the Backwater Stronghold to unlock this useful waypoint.
How to use town portals for fast travel in Diablo 4
Town portals automatically become available in Diablo 4 when you unlock the waypoint to a town’s capital, such as Kyovashad. After the unlock, you can infinitely use town portals to fast-travel in. They act like a skill, and you can open a town portal by pressing T or down on the D-pad.
Town portals in Diablo 4 help you get to the nearest town. They work both ways, but you cannot leave the town, or the portal will disappear.
How to fast travel to Nightmare Dungeons in Diablo 4
Following the QoL changes in patch 1.0.3, Diablo 4 players can follow these simple steps to fast travel to Nightmare Dungeons:
- Open your Diablo 4 Inventory.
- Go to Consumables and consume the desired Nightmare Sigil. A prompt will appear asking you to open the map.
- Open the map and click on the Nightmare Dungeon you want to visit.
- Accept to travel to the dungeon and a portal will appear.
- Enter the portal to be teleported right outside the dungeon.
Previously, grinding Nightmare Dungeons was a tedious process as you had to use a nearby waypoint and go on foot or on a mount to reach the exact location.
The only complaint players still have is that this feature teleports the character outside the dungeon, which means that you have to see two loading screens before actually entering. We’ll update this article if the developers further make any changes to this system.
Well, this was everything to know about fast travel in Diablo 4. For more content on the game, make sure to check out:
Diablo 4 Battle Pass guide | How to earn skill points in Diablo 4 | Will there be Diablo 4 DLC? | Does Diablo 4 have offline mode? | How to open Silent Chests in Diablo 4 | How to complete Keeping the Old Traditions quest in Diablo 4 | All Diablo 4 Purveyor of Curiosities locations | How to swap weapons in Diablo 4 | How to transmog gear in Diablo 4 | Diablo 4 Crushed Beast Bones: How to make Light Healing Potions | Diablo 4 full quest list | Best PC settings for Diablo 4