How to uninstall Valorant in 2024
Valorant isn’t a difficult game to install, but the Vanguard anti-cheat can make it complicated to uninstall. If you want to free up storage on your PC or simply don’t want to play Riot Games’ FPS anymore, here’s how to uninstall or reinstall Valorant in 2024.
Valorant is one of the most popular tactical shooters that are available free-to-play, where players have to choose from a plethora of Agents to build solid strategies against opponents. The community is looking forward to experimenting with everything included in Episode 8 Act 1, including new additions, challenges, and more.
However, keeping up with the Agent meta along with the stress of climbing the rank ladder is not everyone’s cup of tea. So if you’re looking to remove the game from your PC, here’s how you can uninstall Valorant in 2024, including how to reinstall it if you have second thoughts.
- Why can’t I uninstall Valorant from the Control Panel?
- Steps to uninstall Valorant
- How to reinstall Valorant
Why can’t I uninstall Valorant from the Control Panel?
Vanguard, the anti-cheat system implemented by Riot Games, needs to be disabled before you can successfully uninstall Valorant. This is why removing the game from your PC isn’t as straightforward as clicking a few buttons in the Control Panel.
How to uninstall Valorant
Follow these steps to easily uninstall Valorant from your PC:
- Access your System Tray located in the bottom-right corner of the Windows screen.
- Right-click on the Vanguard logo and select Exit Vanguard.
- Navigate to the Windows search bar, type Control Panel, and open it.
- Choose the Programs tab and click on Uninstall a program at the bottom.
- In the list of installed programs, locate Valorant.
- Click Uninstall to start removing Valorant from your device.
Following these steps, you should have successfully removed Valorant from your PC. You will also notice that the Vanguard anti-cheat system no longer appears at startup, freeing up your system even more.
How to reinstall Valorant
Here’s how you can easily reinstall Valorant:
- Visit the official Valorant website.
- Click on the ‘Play Free‘ button.
- Sign in using your existing Riot account or set up a new one.
- Once logged in, click the Download button to initiate the installation of Valorant.
Well, this was everything to know about uninstalling and reinstalling Valorant on your PC. For more content on the game, you can check out:
How to get Valorant Game Changers Championship drops | Who is Agent 25 in Valorant? | Best knife skins in Valorant | How to remake in Valorant | How to change your display name in Valorant | How to refund skins and VP in Valorant | Best Valorant crosshair codes | Top 10 Valorant streamers on Twitch | How to claim free Valorant Prime Gaming rewards