How to change gear appearance & stats in Hogwarts Legacy
Hogwarts Legacy players will frequently come across gear that alters their look as well as stats such as attack and defense. To keep up with the increasing quality and quantity of loot, here’s how you change gear appearance and stats in Hogwarts Legacy.
Hogwarts Legacy isn’t all about defeating dark Wizards, exploring Hogwarts, and completing quests, as there’s also a huge amount of customization. Following months of anticipation, the hit game has also arrived on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
Customization in games allows players to express themselves and further define their character. Hogwarts Legacy doesn’t just offer players the Room of Requirement, which is a fully customizable space, but it also allows them to create their own character and change their appearance.
Throughout your time playing Hogwarts Legacy, you will be picking up new pieces of attire which will change your appearance and stats.
If you’d like to know how you can change your gear’s appearance and stats, here’s our guide.
How to change Hogwarts Legacy gear appearance
In Hogwarts Legacy, players will be picking up new gear all the time, and this gear will come with a certain appearance. To change your gear appearance in the game, simply follow these steps:
- While in-game, head to the ‘Gear’ section of the menu.
- Hover over the section of clothing you wish to change the appearance of and press Square (PS) / X (Xbox).
- Select the appearance you wish for that particular piece of gear, or even make it invisible.
- Note that you can only change the appearance of your clothing while hovering over the initial gear menu screen, not while selecting individual pieces.
Players can also put their robe’s hood up by pressing Triangle (PS) / Y (Xbox), which is perfect for those who are going for a more ominous vibe.
How to change Hogwarts Legacy gear stats
Hogwarts Legacy also allows players to change gear stats as well, so you don’t have to ditch a piece of clothing just because it’s no longer strong enough.
In order to change a piece of gear’s stats in Hogwarts Legacy, follow these steps:
- First off, you’ll need to unlock the Room of Requirement.
- After this, you will need the ‘Loom‘, which is unlocked after completing the 28th main quest in the game titled “The Elf, the Nab-Sack, and the Loom.”
- Players can then use the Loom to change the stats of particular pieces of gear, and add favored Traits so that it is tuned to their preference.
For more on Hogwarts Legacy, be sure to check out our abundance of guides below:
Is Hogwarts Legacy coming to Steam Deck? | All Hogwarts Legacy spells: Every confirmed Harry Potter charm & curse | Will Hogwarts Legacy be on Xbox Game Pass? | How to access the Dark Arts Battle Arena in Hogwarts Legacy | Does Hogwarts Legacy have multiplayer or co-op? | Hogwarts Legacy Trophies & Achievements list: Xbox, PlayStation & PC | Hogwarts Legacy PC requirements: Minimum specs & size | Will Hogwarts Legacy have microtransactions?
Image Credits: Avalanche Software