Hogwarts Legacy Sorting Hat answers to get into Slytherin, Gryffindor & others
When you start playing Hogwarts Legacy, you have some important choices to make with one of them being selecting your House. From Slytherin to Hufflepuff, here’s how you can pick your desired House in Hogwarts Legacy along with how to get your very own wand through the Wizarding World quiz.
Hogwarts Legacy takes players back to the Wizarding World they know and truly love, but before you fully begin your journey at the Hogwarts Castle, the most exciting part is getting sorted into one of the four Houses.
Just like in the books and the movies, in Hogwarts Legacy, it’s the Sorting Hat who sorts you into the four Houses: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Slytherin, and Ravenclaw during the Sorting Ceremony. But to get into the House you want, you’d have to select the right answers.
Here’s how you can get sorted into your favorite House in Hogwarts Legacy and also how you can choose your favorite House and wand before you start the game.
- How to choose your House in Hogwarts Legacy
- How to link the Wizarding World quiz to Hogwarts Legacy for early House & wand selection
How to choose your House in Hogwarts Legacy
To get sorted into the House you want in Hogwarts Legacy, you need to answer a couple of questions when you talk to the Sorting Hat.
Here’s a walkthrough of the ceremony that gets you into the House of your choice.
“You come here with preferences and preconceptions – certain expectations.”
- “I can’t wait to start classes.”
- “I can’t wait to explore.”
The first question doesn’t affect what House you choose so you can go with any of the options. But the next question is important and many Harry Potter fans will recognize it right away.
“I detect something in you. A certain sense of – hmm – what is it?”
The option you choose here matters as the Hat will then take you to the screen that shows your House. But you can still choose to accept or deny if you selected the wrong option.
How to get sorted into Gryffindor in Hogwarts Legacy
If you want to get into Gryffindor in Hogwarts Legacy, choose the Daring option. The game will then play a cutscene and take you to the gold and scarlet room which belongs to the Gryffindor House.
How to get sorted into Ravenclaw in Hogwarts Legacy
The Ravenclaw House is known for its intelligence and if you want it to be your House, pick the Curiosity option. The color scene of this House is Blue and Bronze and features Eagle as its animal.
How to get sorted into Hufflepuff in Hogwarts Legacy
Choosing Loyalty will sort you into the Hufflepuff House in Hogwarts Legacy and take you to its common room. Also, if you choose this House, you get to see Azkaban during the Prisoner of Love quest.
How to get sorted into Slytherin in Hogwarts Legacy
To get into the Slytherin House in Hogwarts Legacy, select the Ambition option during the Sorting Ceremony. Slytherin is one of the best Houses in the game, and choosing this will take you to the House’s green and silver common room after the cutscene.
How to link the Wizarding World quiz to Hogwarts Legacy for early House & wand selection
You can also get sorted into the House of your choice and select your wand by simply following the steps mentioned below:
- Log into your Wizarding World account. If you don’t have one yet, create a new account.
- Complete the Wand Ceremony and Sorting Ceremony quizzes. Once complete, click the copy button to receive an 8-digit code.
- Head over to the WB Games website and log in to your existing account or make a new one.
- Once logged in, the website will prompt you to paste your 8-digit code.
- Doing so will link your Wizarding World account data to your Warner Bros. game account, which will then appear in Hogwarts Legacy.
If you follow these steps, you’ll have your House and wand picked out before you embark on your magical Hogwarts Legacy journey. To know more about the linking process, you can check out the dedicated Hogwarts Legacy blog.
Hogwarts Legacy house differences
Every House in Hogwarts Legacy has a house-exclusive quest and it impacts who you talk to when you visit the house-specific common room. The quest takes place as the 14th main quest and regardless of the House you choose, it leads to the same outcome.
- Gryffindor House: If you select Gryffindor as your House, you’ll get the Hunt for the Missing Pages house-exclusive quest. A unique aspect of this quest is finding Jackdaw’s head in the pumpkin patch before you can talk to him.
- Ravenclaw House: Ollivander’s Heirloom is the Ravenclaw-specific quest in which you assist the wand expert in finding a family heirloom stolen by Jackdaw. The mission concludes with you obtaining the crucial pages needed for the next main story quest.
- Hufflepuff House: As mentioned before, if you choose Hufflepuff, you get to go to Azkaban to solve an old murder mystery. This is the only chance in the game to visit the wizard prison.
- Slytherin House: If you choose Slytherin, you get the Scrope’s Last Hope quest which mainly adds more quest time in the Forbidden Forest and seamlessly transitions into the main storyline.
That’s all you need to know about choosing your House in Hogwarts Legacy. For more on Hogwarts Legacy, check out our other guides:
Every classic Harry Potter character in Hogwarts Legacy | Can you play Quidditch in Hogwarts Legacy? | Does Hogwarts Legacy have multiplayer or co-op? | All Hogwarts Legacy PlayStation-exclusive content: Hogsmeade Shop Quest & cosmetics | Hogwarts Legacy Vivarium explained: How to access special location | Hogwarts Legacy PC requirements: Minimum specs & size | All Hogwarts Legacy spells: Every confirmed Harry Potter charm & curse