How to mod Hogwarts Legacy: Best mods to download on PC
Hogwarts Legacy offers players an abundance of content, but some just can’t get enough. Here’s how you can mod Hogwarts Legacy on PC to customize the experience.
Hogwarts Legacy gives players the freedom of exploring Hogwarts and the surrounding area with pretty much no limitations. Whether you prefer to run around, fly on your broomstick, or fly a Hippogriff, players have many options.
In fact, the game features an abundance of customization, from your character’s appearance to the Room of Requirement. However, some players are always yearning for more, and that’s where mods come into play.
If you’re on PC and you’re looking to mod Hogwarts Legacy, here’s our guide on how to do so.
How to mod Hogwarts Legacy
Firstly, it’s important to note that there are many methods to mod games, but we felt this way was the easiest for Hogwarts Legacy. So, if you’d like to know how to mod Hogwarts Legacy, here’s our step-by-step tutorial:
- First off, make sure your game is off and visit the Hogwarts Legacy section on NexusMods.
- Find the mod you’d like to use and click the “Manual” download button.
- Once it’s downloaded, find the zip file and extract it to your desktop.
- Once extracted, you should find a new folder on your desktop called “Pheonix.”
- Go into the folder, then find and right-click the folder named “mods” and copy it.
- Open up Steam, go to Hogwarts Legacy in your library, and head to the settings.
- Go to “Properties,” then “Local Files” and select “Browse,” this will open your Hogwarts Legacy game files.
- Find the folder named “Pheonix,” go into “Content“, and then “Paks.”
- Simply paste the mod folder in “Paks,” boot up the game, and enjoy the mod!
If you wish to delete the mods, you can head back into the folder you copy and pasted them into and just delete them from there and restart your game.
Be careful when adding mods, we recommend adding one at a time and always checking the legitimacy of the mod on NexusMods beforehand. If you’re worried about losing a save, keep a backup of the game files.
Best Hogwarts Legacy mods
While it is not currently out at the time of writing this, the multiplayer mod by The Together Team is being worked on. Hogwarts Legacy does not feature any multiplayer, but once this mod is released, players will be able to team up with 8 friends and take on Hogwarts together.
There are many broom mods out there for Hogwarts Legacy, all as goofy and awesome as each other. One of the most popular is the Thomas the Tank Engine mod, which turns your broom into the popular children’s story character.
Hogwarts Legacy players on PC have had some issues with the game’s performance, so if you’re one of these players it might be worth trying out a performance boost mod.
For more Hogwarts Legacy guides, check out some of our other pieces below:
How to change gear appearance in Hogwarts Legacy | Does Hogwarts Legacy have romance options? | How to find the Room of Requirement in Hogwarts Legacy | Is Hogwarts Legacy coming to Steam Deck? | Will Hogwarts Legacy be on Xbox Game Pass? | Does Hogwarts Legacy have multiplayer or co-op? | Hogwarts Legacy Trophies & Achievements list: Xbox, PlayStation & PC | Hogwarts Legacy PC requirements: Minimum specs & size | Will Hogwarts Legacy have microtransactions?
Image Credits: Avalanche Software