How to get Mega Energy in Pokemon Go
Mega Evolutions are some of the strongest additions to Pokemon Go. If you want to know how to unlock these powerful species, check out our guide on how to get Mega Energy in Pokemon Go.
However, if you’re looking beyond standard evolutions, make sure to use Mega Energy in Pokemon Go. While you can evolve almost every Pokemon in the game, only a handful are eligible for Mega Evolutions.
Here’s a guide on Mega Evolutions and Mega Energy in Pokemon Go.
- How to obtain Mega Energy in Pokemon Go
- How to use Mega Energy in Pokemon Go
- List of all Mega Evolutions in Pokemon Go
- How do Mega Evolutions work in Pokemon Go
How to obtain Mega Energy in Pokemon Go
Here’s a list of the best sources of Mega Energy in Pokemon Go:
- Defeating the specific Pokemon in Mega Raids. For instance, defeating Mega Garchomp in a 4-Star Mega Raid will give you its Mega Energy.
- Your Buddy Pokemon collects 5 Mega Energy/km of walking if it belongs to a previously mega-evolved Pokemon’s evolutionary line. In other words, if you have a Mega Salamence registered in your Pokedex, Bagon, Shelgon, and Salamence can collect Mega Energy for you as Buddies.
- Completing certain research tasks. Check out your available tasks from the binocular icon on the bottom-right of the screen and look for the ones that grant Mega Energy for certain Pokemon.
The amount of Mega Energy from Mega Raids in Pokemon Go depends on the time you take to end the battle. The faster you win the raid, the more Mega Energy you get.
How to use Mega Energy in Pokemon Go
Mega Energy is a consumable resource in Pokemon Go, like Candies. This means that Pokemon require a fixed amount of Mega Energy to evolve, and it is consumed when players initiate the Mega Evolution.
List of all Mega Evolutions in Pokemon Go
You can use Mega Energy to get the following evolutions in Pokemon Go
- Mega Venusaur
- Mega Charizard X
- Mega Charizard Y
- Mega Blastoise
- Mega Beedrill
- Mega Pidgeot
- Mega Alakazam
- Mega Slowbro
- Mega Gengar
- Mega Kangaskhan
- Mega Pinsir
- Mega Gyarados
- Mega Aerodactyl
- Mega Ampharos
- Mega Steelix
- Mega Scizor
- Mega Houndoom
- Mega Tyranitar
- Mega Sceptile
- Mega Blaziken
- Mega Swampert
- Mega Gardevoir
- Mega Sableye
- Mega Aggron
- Mega Medicham
- Mega Manectric
- Mega Altaria
- Mega Banette
- Mega Absol
- Mega Glalie
- Mega Salamence
- Mega Latios
- Mega Latias
- Mega Rayquaza
- Mega Lopunny
- Mega Garchomp
- Mega Abomasnow
- Mega Diancie
How do Mega Evolutions work in Pokemon Go
Mega Evolution is a temporary effect that Pokemon can get in Pokemon Go through Mega Energy. A Pokemon remains in its Mega-Evolved form for eight hours and then returns to its normal evolutionary stage. This is followed by a rest period during which you cannot mega-evolve the Pokemon again
You only need to spend Mega Energy to Mega Evolve a Pokemon for the first time. After that, you need to wait until their rest period is over or you can spend additional Mega Energy to repeat a Mega Evolution even when the Pokemon is resting.
There are three levels of Mega-Evolutions in Pokemon Go – Base, High, and Max. You reach these levels by Mega-Evolving a specific Pokemon once, seven times, and 30 times, respectively. With each level, the rest period of the Pokemon decreases and they gain other attributes like Catch XP Bonus, XL Candy Chance, and Boosted Ally Attacks, among others.
That was everything you need to know about Mega Energy and Mega Evolutions in Pokemon Go. For more content, you can also check out our guide section right below: