What are Routes in Pokemon Go? How to make a Route, bonuses & more
Routes are one of the newest features in Pokemon Go, but many players are still struggling to handle them. So, here’s a complete guide to help you understand Routes in Pokemon Go, including how to create them, its many bonuses, and how to get Zygarde Cells.
The Routes feature in Pokemon Go lets you create and follow a path to explore different locations and earn several bonuses in the mobile game. They also help in getting the different forms of Zygarde, which is a powerful Legendary Pokemon from Gen 6.
But many players still don’t know how this feature works in the game and how they can create a Route to earn useful items as rewards.
To help you out, we have prepared this complete guide that covers everything you need to know about Pokemon Go Routes.
- Pokemon Go Routes explained
- How to make a Route in Pokemon Go
- What are Zygarde Cells?
- Pokemon Go Routes bonuses
Pokemon Go Routes explained
Pokemon Go Routes allow fans to create walking paths to show off interesting sights in their cities, bringing a new way in which you can experience the AR game, with a focus on community-created content.
You can submit your Routes through Pokemon Go and wait for Niantic’s approval to set it in the game. While Niantic explain that the review process can take up to 24 hours, it can take longer in some cases.
How to make a Route in Pokemon Go
Pokemon Go players can make a Route by choosing a PokeStop or a Gym as a starting point and then mapping their route. If you’re still unsure how to do it, follow this step-by-step guide which was shared by Niantic:
- Choose a PokeStop or Gym to be your starting point.
- Hit record to begin mapping your Route.
- Fill out some info about your Route, then submit it for review.
- Once accepted, Trainers can follow your Route!
Every Pokemon Go Route starts and ends at a point of interest, which can be a PokeStop or a Gym.
If you’re looking to explore Routes created by others, all you need to do is follow these simple steps:
- Open Pokemon Go and tap on the Nearby menu in the bottom-right corner.
- Check the Route tab to see local Routes.
- Choose one Route.
- Follow the Route and enjoy exploring!
What are Zygarde Cells in Pokemon Go?
You can get special encounters while exploring Routes including a special item known as Zygarde Cell. These items can be collected with the Zygarde Cube and are used to change Zygarde’s form.
Pokemon Go Routes bonuses
While exploring Routes, Pokemon Go players can enjoy the following bonuses:
- Follow a Route to its end for the first time to earn a new Route Badge.
- Earn Buddy Candy more quickly.
- Pokemon will be more attracted to Incense when you’re exploring a Route for the first time.
- Earn an XP bonus for the first Route you complete each day. After completing Routes for seven days, you’ll receive an increased XP bonus.
- Earn a Buddy Heart when you complete a Route while adventuring with your buddy!
That’s all you need to know about Pokemon Go Routes. For more Pokemon Go content, check some of our other guides:
Pokemon Go Spotlight Hour schedule | How to get Mismagius in Pokemon Go: PvP & PvE performance, best moveset, can it be shiny? | Pokemon Go Halloween 2023 Eerie Echoes Timed Research: Tasks, rewards, more | Pokemon Go best attackers ranked | All Pokemon Go free rewards | How to get Master Ball in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet | How to get the Master Ball in Pokemon Go