Best Yukong Honkai Star Rail build: Light Cone, Relics, teams, more
Four-star character Yukong made its way into Honkai Star Rail, so here’s how to build her with the best Light Cone, Relics, Planar Ornament, and more.
The Honkai Star Rail banner rotation is featuring highly-anticipated characters with boosted odds and players have the chance to add Yukong to their teams. The four-star character has interesting abilities players can take advantage of in battles and this can be even better paired with the perfect Light Cone and Relics.
If you’re looking to have Yukong among your characters in Honkai Star Rail, here’s the best possible build including Light Cone, Relic, Planar Ornament, and more.
- Yukong’s abilities in Honkai Star Rail explained
- Best Relics for Yukong in Honkai Star Rail
- Best Planar Ornament for Yukong
- Best Light Cone for Yukong in Honkai Star Rail
- Best Honkai Star Rail teams for Yukong
Yukong’s abilities in Honkai Star Rail explained
Yukong is a four-star Imaginary element character in the Path of The Harmony in Honkai Star Rail. This means she can be a great support character for your team, applying buffs to allies during battles. She’s featured in the second banner of version 1.1 of the game alongside Luocha, Pela, and Qingque.
Yukong has the following abilities in Honkai Star Rail:
- Arrowslinger (Basic attack) – Deals Imaginary DMG to a target enemy.
- Emboldening Salvo (Skill) – Obtains 2 stacks of “Roaring Bowstrings.” When this special state is active, the ATK of all allies increases between 40% and 100%. Every time an ally’s turn ends, Yukong loses 1 stack of “Roaring Bowstrings.”
- Diving Kestrel (Ultimate) – Deals a lot of Imaginary DMG to a single enemy. If “Roaring Bowstrings” is active when using her Ultimate, it also increases all allies’ CRIT Rate and CRIT DMG.
- Seven Layers, One Arrow (Talent) – Basic ATK deals additional Imaginary DMG and increases the Toughness-Reducing DMG of this attack by 100%.
- Chasing the Wind (Technique) – After using her Technique, Yukong enters Sprint mode for 20 seconds. In Sprint mode, her Movement SPD increases, and she gains 2 stacks of “Roaring Bowstrings” when she enters battle by attacking enemies.
Yukong is a support character, but as you can see, she can also hold her ground with very powerful abilities. Her Skill and Ultimate are the keys to making her a valuable addition to your team, so you should focus on improving her Energy Regeneration. Of course, keeping an eye on her HP can prove fruitful to ensure she keeps buffing your team in battle.
Last but not least, Yukong’s ATK can also be decisive in battle, so keep that in mind when building her.
Best Relics for Yukong in Honkai Star Rail
Musketeer of Wild Wheat
- Two-piece bonus: ATK increases by 10%.
- Four-piece bonus: The wearer’s SPD increases by 6% and Basic ATK DMG increases by 10%.
Either the two or four-piece set will work great with Yukong. Improving her ATK can be useful to deal with all kinds of enemies. Additionally, enhancing her SPD can help her buff your team quickly for better results. Since it’s the easiest Relic set to get, you should try it with Yukong when you have the chance.
Wastelander of Banditry Desert
- Two-piece bonus: Increases Imaginary DMG by 10%.
- Four-piece bonus: When attacking debuffed enemies, the wearer’s CRIT Rate increases by 10%. If the enemy is Imprisoned, then the wearer’s CRIT DMG increases by 20%.
Since Yukong is an Imaginary character, this Relic Set can also improve her damage output. It won’t help much with her supporting abilities but can turn her into a very powerful attacker for your team.
Thief of Shooting Meteor
- Two-piece bonus: Increases Break Effect by 20%.
- Four-piece bonus: Increases the wearer’s Break Effect by 20%. The wearer generates 3 Energy after applying the Break Effect to an enemy.
Alternatively, Thief of Shooting Meteor is one of the best Relic sets for support characters. It won’t only improve Yukong’s Break Effect greatly, but it will also enhance her Energy Regen so you can use her Ultimate often.
Best Planar Ornament for Yukong in Honkai Star Rail
Fleet of the Ageless is a great Planar Ornament for Yukong in Honkai Star Rail. For starters, it increases her Max HP. Additionally, when her SPD reaches 120 or higher, all allies’ ATK increases as well. Pairing this Planar Ornament with a Relic set that enhances her SPD is a great way to go.
Sprightly Vonwacq is another viable option for Yukong since it increases her Energy Regeneration Rate. Moreover, when her SPD reaches 120 or higher, her action is Advanced Forward by 40% immediately upon entering battle, giving her the upper hand in battle.
Alternatively, Space Sealing Station can also work very well with Yukong if you plan to set her as an attacker. This Planar Ornament increases Yukong’s ATK, and when her SPD reaches 120 or higher, it increases it again. This can make Yukong a force to be reckoned with.
Best Light Cone for Yukong in Honkai Star Rail
But the Battle Isn’t Over
Bronya‘s five-star signature Light Cone is the best option for any support character in Honkai Star Rail. It increases Yukong’s Energy Regeneration Rate, which is great to use her Ultimate as much as you can. Additionally, when Yukong uses her Skill, the next ally taking action deals 30% more DMG for one turn.
Although this Light Cone also regenerates one Skill Point when the wearer uses their Ultimate on an ally, this doesn’t apply to Yukong.
Memories of the Past
This Light Cone increases Yukong’s Break Effect by 28% and regenerates four Energy when she attacks. This effect can only be triggered one time per turn, but stacked with other effects and Relics, it allows Yukong to spam her Ultimate.
Dance! Dance! Dance!
This Light Cone is pretty straightforward and it makes all allies’ actions to be Advanced Forward when she uses her Ultimate. This can work even better if you have enough Energy Regeneration to use Yukong’s Ultimate often.
Best Honkai Star Rail teams for Yukong
Yukong’s abilities make her a great support character in Honkai Star Rail, so you can use her with almost any team composition you want. Always try to enhance her Energy Regeneration so her Ultimate plays a key role in battles.
To build a team with Yukong, you’ll need at least a DPS that deals most of the damage. You can have two if you have Yukong’s best build available. Dan Heng and Seele are great options to fill this role. A Healer is also a must in this case, so you should incorporate either Natasha or Bailou into Yukong’s team.
For more Honkai Star Rail content, you can check out plenty of useful guides:
Best Tingyun Honkai Star Rail build | Honkai Star Rail Out of Reach quest guide | Best Clara Honkai Star Rail build | Best Yanqing Honkai Star Rail build | Honkai Star Rail The Adventurous Moles quest guide | All Honkai Star Rail Administrative District Treasure Chest locations | Honkai Star Rail PC and mobile requirements | How to unlock daily missions in Honkai Star Rail | Honkai Star Rail 2023 player count | How to reroll in Honkai Star Rail | Best Welt Honkai Star Rail build