Best Clara Honkai Star Rail build guide: Light Cone, Relics, Planar Ornament, more
Clara is one of the most popular five-star characters in Honkai Star Rail due to her unique kit that involves Svarog. Here’s a list of the best Light Cones, Relics, Planar Ornaments, Eidolons, and a team that will help you build Clara in Honkai Star Rail.
In gacha games like Genshin Impact and Honkai Star Rail, character-building gains importance during the endgame as players stumble upon the toughest bosses. From Relics and Light Cones to Planar Ornaments and Traces, there are many elements that make a character strong, and the five-star counterattacker named Clara is no exception.
Clara is accompanied by Svarog in battles and the latter is a tanky mech that can be a nightmare for any opponent. He marks enemies that target Clara and performs powerful counterattacks that deal extra damage and gain energy.
Now that we know her strengths, let’s take a look at how to build Clara in Honkai Star Rail with the best Light Cones, Relics, Planar Ornaments, and more.
- Clara’s abilities in Honkai Star Rail explained
- Best Clara Traces to upgrade in Honkai Star Rail
- How to play Clara in Honkai Star Rail
- Best Relics for Clara in Honkai Star Rail
- Best Planar Ornament for Clara in Honkai Star Rail
- Best Light Cones for Clara in Honkai Star Rail
- Best teams for Clara in Honkai Star Rail
- Are Clara’s Eidolons worth it in Honkai Star Rail?
Clara’s abilities in Honkai Star Rail explained
Clara has the following skills in Honkai Star Rail:
- I want to Help (basic attack): Deals single-target physical DMG based on ATK.
- Svarog Watches for You (skill): Deals physical DMG based on ATK to all enemies. Moreover, Svarog deals additional DMG to all the enemies marked by his Mark of Counter.
- Promise, Not Command (ultimate): For the two turns after her ultimate, Clara has an increased chance of getting attacked and the damage she receives is reduced by 15-20%. In addition, Svarog’s Counter move deals more damage as the DMG multiplier is increased by 96%–192% and the enemy adjacent to the target enemy also takes some damage.
- Because We’re Family (talent): Clara takes 10% less DMG due to Svarog’s protection. When hit by an enemy attack, Svarog marks them with his Mark of Counter and deals Physical DMG equal to 80%–200% of Clara’s ATK.
- A Small Price for Victory (technique): Clara attacks immediately and the chances of enemies hitting her increase for two turns.
Two things become clear from Clara’s abilities. She is a character who can absorb a ton of damage and every time someone attacks her, Svarog will be ready with an explosive counterattack.
Best Clara Traces to upgrade in Honkai Star Rail
As a sub-DPS/tank in Honkai Star Rail, Clara benefits a lot from her ultimate which should also be the first Trace you upgrade. Thereafter, upgrade the ascension talents that increase her defense, make her immune to debuffs, and increase Svarog’s damage.
How to play Clara in Honkai Star Rail
Clara follows The Destruction Path in Honkai Star Rail and belongs to the Physical element. She plays the role of a tank in any team meaning that she would take the majority of incoming damage from enemies and help the damage dealers survive longer.
Thanks to her talents, Clara automatically lures enemies into attacking her and every enemy that attacks her is marked by Svarog for a counterattack. Hence, you should first let Svarog mark all the enemies and then use the skill to deal the most damage.
Best Relics for Clara in Honkai Star Rail
Champion of Streetwise Boxing
Champion of Streetwise Boxing is Clara’s signature Relic set in Honkai Star Rail as it has the following advantages:
- Two-piece bonus: Increases physical damage by 10%.
- Four-piece bonus: The character’s attack increases by 5% after an enemy hits them and this effect can stack up to five times.
Clara should get hit quite frequently and the attack bonus from this Relic set should stack up easily.
Guard of the Wuthering Snow
If you want to use Clara as a tank, the Guard of the Wuthering Snow is the best Relic set due to the following bonuses:
- Two-piece bonus: The character receives 8% less DMG during battles.
- Four-piece bonus: If the wearer’s HP is equal to or less than 50% of their total HP at the start of a turn, the set automatically restores 8% of their max HP and regenerates 5 Energy.
Players who want Clara to deal more damage can use Champion of Streetwise Boxing Relics. On the flip side, if you want Clara to be as tanky as possible in the game, the Guard of the Wuthering Snow set is ideal.
What Relic stats are best for Clara in Honkai Star Rail
In order to make Clara’s counterattacks more powerful in Honkai Star Rail, you’d want stats like ATK%, Crit DMG/Crit Rate, and Physical DMG. Thereafter, to improve the tanky nature of the character, you can stack up on some HP% and DEF%.
Best Planar Ornament for Clara in Honkai Star Rail
The Inert Salsotto Planar Ornament in Honkai Star Rail has the following effect:
- Increases the character’s Crit Rate by 8%. If the wearer’s current HP exceeds 50%, the Ultimate and follow-up attack DMG are increased by 15%.
Crit Rate is one of the best stats for aggressive characters like Seele and Dan Heng, and the same applies to Clara. On top of this, if you have a high Crit Rate, this Planar Ornament rewards you by increasing the Ultimate DMG and counterattack DMG.
Space Sealing Station
The two-piece Space Stealing Station has the following effect:
- The wearer gets a 12% ATK buff and when their SPD exceeds 120, they get another 12% ATK buff.
Although you won’t get much of the additional ATK buff with this ornament, the 12% increase in ATK is still desirable for Clara.
What Planar Ornament stats are best for Clara in Honkai Star Rail
Yet again, stats like Crit Rate, Crit DMG, and ATK are best for Clara. However, if you’re inclined towards using her as a tank, HP% and DEF are better.
Best Light Cones for Clara in Honkai Star Rail
Something Irreplaceable is the signature five-star Light Cone for Clara in Honkai Star Rail. It increases the wearer’s ATK and then restores HP after you defeat an enemy or get hit. Defeating an opponent or getting hit also increases your DMG for a turn, and overall, there’s a lot that you get from this Light Cone.
The three-star Collapsing Sky Light Cone in Honkai Star Rail increases Basic Attack DMG and skill DMG by 12-32%. This is the most you can get from a free three-star weapon and it should work fine during the early game.
On the Fall of Aeon
On the Fall of Aeon is another five-star Light Cone that you can get from the Simulated Universe. It has the following effects:
- Upon attacking, the wearer’s ATK is increased by 8-16% in the battle up to 4 times. After inflicting a Weakness Break on enemies, the wearer’s DMG increases by 12-24% for 2 turns.
With Clara on your team, you’ll be consistently breaking shields, and getting buffs after weakness breaks is undoubtedly a huge benefit for the character. To gain buffs from Light Cones and Relics that reward shield breaks, you can also add the Break stat in your build.
Under the Blue Sky
Under the Blue Sky is a four-star Light Cone with the following effect:
- Increases the wearer’s ATK by 16-32%. After defeating an enemy, the wearer’s Crit Rate increases by 12-24%.
The inherent ATK buff is already great and defeating enemies grants you additional Crit Rate that should make Svarog’s counters even more effective. This makes Under the Blue Sky one of the best four-star Light Cones for Clara.
Nowhere to Run
Nowhere to Run is a four-star Light Cone in Honkai Star Rail with this effect:
- The wearer’s ATK is increased by 24% and after they defeat an enemy, they restore HP based on 12% of their ATK.
You not only get higher ATK but Clara also gains HP after defeating enemies. This reduces her dependence on healers and shielders for survival and you can add another damage dealer to the team.
Best teams for Clara in Honkai Star Rail
Based on her kit, you should use these characters with Clara in Honkai Star Rail:
- March 7th – Can boost Clara’s survivability with a shield and she also counterattacks when enemies target characters protected by her shield.
- Pela – Can reduce enemy defense significantly through debuffs.
- Natasha/Bailu – A healer to keep Clara on-field at all times.
- Tingyun – A solid four-star character to boost your ATK and damage.
- Asta – Another support character to increase the ATK and SPD of enemies.
All in all, Clara requires March 7th and a healer to freely use her damage skills in Honkai Star Rail. If you’re able to boost her HP and DEF with Light Cone and Relics, the fourth character can be a damage dealer but in most cases, it should be a support unit that buffs Clara’s damage.
Are Clara’s Eidolons worth it in Honkai Star Rail?
Clara has the following Eidolons in Honkai Star Rail:
- Eidolon 1 – The Mark of Counter stays on the enemy after Clara uses her skill.
- Eidolon 2 – Clara’s ATK increases by 30% for 2 turns after using her Ultimate.
- Eidolon 3 – Skill Lv. +2, up to a maximum of Lv. 15. Basic ATK Lv. +1, up to a maximum of Lv. 10.
- Eidolon 4 – After being hit, Clara takes 30% less DMG until the start of her next turn.
- Eidolon 5 – Ultimate Lv. +2, up to a maximum of Lv. 15. Talent Lv. +2, up to a maximum of Lv. 15.
- Eidolon 6 – Svarog has a 50% chance of counter-attacking an enemy after they hit the other allies. When using Clara’s Ultimate, Svarog triggers an additional 1 Enhanced Counter.
Clearly, the first Eidolon is a game-changer as it will remove a major limitation from Clara’s playstyle. The remaining ones are powerful as well, but we don’t think unlocking them is necessary to experience the true potential of the character.
Well, this was everything to know about building Clara in Honkai Star Rail and the best Relics, Light Cones, Planar Ornaments, teams, and Eidolons for her.
For similar content on the action RPG, you can check out:
Honkai Star Rail characters tier list | How to unlock daily missions in Honkai Star Rail | Where to find Star Rail Administrative District treasure chests | How to complete the Honkai Star Rail The Adventurous Moles quest | How to complete the Honkai Star Rail To The Faint Star Quest | How to increase the Equilibrium Level in Honkai Star Rail
Image Credits: HoYoverse