Best Dan Heng Honkai Star Rail build: Light Cone, Relics, Planar Ornament, more
Dan Heng is one of the most popular Honkai Star Rail characters because he joins you on your journey from the very beginning. Here’s how you can build Dan Heng in Honkai Star Rail using the best Light Cones, Relics, Planar Ornaments, and more.
Within a week of launch, Honkai Star Rail amassed over 20 million downloads proving its popularity, and fans have fallen in love with characters like Bronya, Seele, Welt, and Himeko. In November, HoYoverse’s RPG surpassed a million downloads on PlayStation 5 with the help of even more enticing characters like Jingliu and Topaz.
Like Genshin Impact, characters in Honkai Star Rail become usable after you build them properly. Light Cones work like weapons, and Relics and Planar Ornaments are similar to artifacts.
Dan Heng is no exception, and here’s how you can build him with the best Light Cones, Relics, Planar Ornaments, and teams in Honkai Star Rail.
- Dan Heng’s abilities in Honkai Star Rail explained
- Best Dan Heng Traces to upgrade in Honkai Star Rail
- How to play Dan Heng in Honkai Star Rail
- Best Relics for Dan Heng in Honkai Star Rail
- Best Planar Ornament for Dan Heng in Honkai Star Rail
- Best Light Cone for Dan Heng in Honkai Star Rail
- Best teams for Dan Heng in Honkai Star Rail
- Are Dan Heng’s Eidolons worth it in Honkai Star Rail?
Dan Heng’s abilities in Honkai Star Rail explained
Dan Heng belongs to the Wind element in Honkai Star Rail and being in the Path of The Hunt helps him deal explosive amounts of single-target damage.
Dan Heng has the following skills in Honkai Star Rail:
- Cloudlancer Art: North Wind (Basic attack) – Deals single-target Wind DMG equal to 50%–130% of Dan Heng’s ATK.
- Cloudhunter Art: Torrent (Skill) – Deals single-target Wind DMG equal to 130%–325% of Dan Heng’s ATK. Additionally, the target’s SPD reduces by 12% for 2 turns if Dan Heng strikes a Crit Hit.
- Ethereal Dream (Ultimate) – Deals single-target Wind DMG equal to 240%–480% of Dan Heng’s ATK. The Ultimate’s DMG multiplier increases by 72%–144% if the enemy is slowed.
- Superiority of Beach (Talent) – Dan Heng’s next attack’s Wind RES PEN increases by 18%–45% if he’s the target of an enemy’s ability attack. This effect can be triggered again after 2 turns.
- Splitting Spearhead (Technique) -Dan Heng’s ATK increases by 40% at the start of the next battle for 3 turns after using his technique.
If it is not obvious by now, Dan Heng is a main damage dealer in Honkai Star Rail. All his skills focus on dealing Wind damage and even the technique aims to buff his attack. Despite being a four-star unit, he can easily carry your team through the early game.
Best Dan Heng Traces to upgrade in Honkai Star Rail
Dan Heng’s Basic ATK, Skill, and Ultimate abilities should be the first Traces you upgrade in Honkai Star Rail. After that, you can focus on upgrading Traces that grant Wind DMG and Attack bonus.
How to play Dan Heng in Honkai Star Rail
The main source of Dan Heng’s damage in Honkai Star Rail is his skill called Cloudhunter Art: Torrent. Alongside dealing Wind damage, this skill can lower the speed of opponents if it scores a Critical hit.
Dan Heng’s Ultimate, Ethereal Dream, deals additional damage to slowed enemies. Hence, while playing him, your goal should be to score the critical hit from the skill and follow it up with the ultimate.
Best Relics for Dan Heng in Honkai Star Rail
Musketeer of Wild Wheat
- Two-piece bonus – ATK increases by 12%.
- Four-piece bonus – Increases SPD and Basic Attack DMG.
Like all damage dealers, Dan Heng can make the most of the ATK buff that you get from the two-piece Musketeer of Wild Wheat. The four-piece bonus grants Basic Attack DMG and SPD, which isn’t too bad either. Alternatively, you might want to combine a two-piece set with a different one for better results.
Eagle of Twilight Line
- Two-piece bonus – Increases Wind DMG by 10%.
- Four-piece bonus – After the wearer uses Ultimate, their action is Advanced Forward by 25%.
Dan Heng is a Wind character, and the two-piece bonus from the Eagle of Twilight Lane is as ideal as it gets. Moreover, you can boost your turns after using the Ultimate.
Based on the stats from Planar Ornaments and Light Cones, feel free to combine the two-piece Eagle of Twilight Lane with the two-piece Musketeer of Wild Wheat.
What Relic stats are best for Dan Heng in Honkai Star Rail?
As a main damage dealer in Honkai Star Rail, Dan Heng benefits greatly from stats such as ATK, Crit Rate, and Crit DMG. While getting these stats should be your main focus, Wind DMG and Energy Regen rate are important too.
Best Planar Ornament for Dan Heng in Honkai Star Rail
Space Sealing Station
Space Sealing Station is the best Planar Ornament for Dan Heng in Honkai Star Rail. It increases his ATK by 12% and grants an additional ATK% buff when the character’s SPD reaches 120 or higher.
Dan Heng tends to get high SPD due to his Traces, so he’ll be able to get the additional ATK buff from Space Sealing Station consistently.
The Celestial Differentiator increases the wearer’s CRIT DMG by 16%. When the wearer’s current CRIT DMG reaches 120% or higher, after entering battle, the wearer’s CRIT Rate increases by 60% until the end of their first attack.
It is evident that this Planar Ornament is perfect for damage dealers like Dan Heng. Stats like Crit Rate and Crit DMG are the most important for being a main DPS, and this ornament grants you both at the same time.
What Planar Ornament stats are best for Dan Heng in Honkai Star Rail?
Dan Heng will benefit the most from aggressive stats such as ATK, Crit Rate, and Crit DMG. If you’re using the Space Sealing Station Planar Ornament, getting some SPD will also be great.
Best Light Cone for Dan Heng in Honkai Star Rail
Cruising in the Stellar Sea
The five-star Cruising in the Stellar Sea is easily the best Light Cone for Dan Heng in Honkai Star Rail. It grants Crit Rate and ATK, and both these stats help damage dealers fulfill their role.
Moreover, five-star Light Cones have the best base stats that make them much better than the four-star alternatives.
Only Silence Remains
Only Silence Remains is a four-star Light Cone with this Superimposition:
- Increases the wearer’s ATK by 16%. If there are 2 or fewer enemies on the field, increases the wearer’s CRIT Rate by 12%.
Yet again, stats like Crit Rate and ATK help Dan Heng in improving his damage-dealing abilities.
In the Hunt
In the Hunt is the five-star Light Cone tailor-made for Seele, but Dan Heng can utilize it easily as well. The weapon increases the wearer’s Crit Rate, and if their SPD exceeds 100, they get another ATK and Crit DMG buff.
Considering his playstyle and stat requirements, In the Hunt can be very well the best five-star Light Cone for Dan Heng.
Swordplay is a four-star Light Cone in Honkai Star Rail that increases DMG if you beat the same target consecutively. The buff effects can stack up to 5 times, and they reset once you change your target.
Dan Heng excels in single-target damage. Hence, you can use the Light Cone to select the strongest enemies and defeat them solely with Dan Heng’s increasing damage.
Best teams for Dan Heng in Honkai Star Rail
Since Dan Heng is a damage dealer in Honkai Star Rail, we advise pairing him with support characters, healers, and shielders. As a result, he’ll get constant damage buffs while shields and heals will ensure that he stays on-field for long durations.
These are the best characters to put in a team with Dan Heng:
- Welt – Crowd-controlling support character who can slow down enemies. This works well with Dan Heng’s ultimate ability that deals additional damage to slowed enemies.
- Asta – A support character that increases the SPD of all allies. Dan Heng can utilize this the most if you have the appropriate Light Cones and Relics.
- Bailu – Arguably the best healer in Honkai Star Rail thanks to her revive ability.
- Tingyun – A brilliant support character that can generate energy for allies and boost their damage. Both these buffs are desirable for Dan Heng.
- Bronya – Another exceptional support character that increases ATK, turns, and DMG.
- Pela – Lowers the defense of all enemies and takes the initiative in battles.
Avoid placing another dedicated main DPS like Seele in a team with Dan Heng. Apart from this, just choose three of the characters listed above to frequently buff Dan Heng’s damage, protect him from incoming attacks, and heal/revive him.
Are Dan Heng’s Eidolons worth it in Honkai Star Rail?
Here’s how different Eidolons impact Dan Heng in Honkai Star Rail:
- Eidolon 1 – Dan Heng’s CRIT Rate increases by 15% when the target enemy’s HP is 50% or above.
- Eidolon 2 – Reduces Talent cooldown by 1 turn.
- Eidolon 3 – Skill Lv. +2, up to a maximum of Lv. 15. Basic ATK Lv. +1, up to a maximum of Lv. 10.
- Eidolon 4 – When using Dan Heng’s Ultimate to defeat an enemy, his next action is Advanced Forward by 100%.
- Eidolon 5 – Ultimate Lv. +2, up to a maximum of Lv. 15. Talent Lv. +2, up to a maximum of Lv. 15.
- Eidolon 6 – Slow triggered by Skill reduces the enemy’s SPD by an additional 10%.
None of Dan Heng’s Eidolons are too overpowered but Eidolons 1, 2, and 4 definitely improve his playstyle. Considering that we’re talking about a four-star character, getting these Eidolons shouldn’t be an issue for F2P players as well.
This was everything to know about building Dan Heng in Honkai Star Rail. For more content on the gacha game, you can check out:
Best Tingyun Honkai Star Rail build | Honkai Star Rail Out of Reach quest guide | Best Clara Honkai Star Rail build | Honkai Star Rail The Adventurous Moles quest guide | All Honkai Star Rail Administrative District Treasure Chest locations | Honkai Star Rail PC and mobile requirements | How to unlock daily missions in Honkai Star Rail | Honkai Star Rail 2023 player count | How to reroll in Honkai Star Rail