Best Yanqing Honkai Star Rail build: Light Cone, Relics, Planar Ornament, more
Yanqing is a powerful five-star character many players want in their Honkai Star Rail teams. Here’s how to build Yanqing with the best Light Cone, Relic, and Planar Ornament.
Honkai Star Rail players that finish the Belobog storyline will meet the Xianzhou Alliance and its many interesting characters. Yanqing is a five-star character that serves as a lieutenant of the Alliance, and although he’s not considered among the best, he can prove a powerful asset throughout the game.
If you’re looking to add Yanqing to your team, against boosted odds, here’s the best possible build that includes a Light Cone, Relics, and more.
- Yanqing’s abilities in Honkai Star Rail explained
- Best Relics for Yanqing in Honkai Star Rail
- Best Planar Ornament for Yanqing
- Best Light Cone for Yanqing in Honkai Star Rail
- Best Honkai Star Rail teams for Yanqing
Yanqing’s abilities in Honkai Star Rail explained
Yanqing is a five-star Ice element character in the Path of The Hunt in Honkai Star Rail, which means he should be the main DPS in your team. He’s one of the few characters that hasn’t been promoted or featured with a drop-rate boost yet.
Yanqing has the following abilities in Honkai Star Rail:
- Frost Thorn (Basic attack) – Deals single-target Ice DMG equal to 50%–130% of Yanqing’s ATK.
- Darting Ironthorn (Skill) – Deals single-target Ice DMG equal to 110%–275% of Yanqing’s ATK and activates Soulsteel Sync for 1 turn.
- Amidst the Raining Bliss (Ultimate) – Yanqing’s CRIT Rate increases by 60%. If Soulsteel Sync from the skill is active, Yanqing’s CRIT DMG increases by an extra 30%–60%. These buffs remain active for one turn following which Yanqing deals DMG equal to 210%–420% of his ATK to a single enemy.
- One With the Sword (Talent) – The Soulsteel Sync reduces the chances of Yanqing being hit by enemies. The character’s CRIT Rate increases by 15%–22.5% and his CRIT DMG increases by 15%–37.5%. After Yanqing attacks an enemy, there is a 50%–65% fixed chance to perform a follow-up attack that deals Ice DMG equal to 25%–62.5% of his ATK to the enemy, which has a 65% base chance to Freeze the enemy for a turn. The Frozen target cannot take action and receives Additional Ice DMG equal to 25%–62.5% of Yanqing’s ATK at the beginning of each turn. The Soulsteel Sync effect disappears when Yanqing receives DMG.
- The One True Sword (Technique) – Yanqing deals 30% more DMG for 2 turns to enemies whose current HP is 50% or higher.
Since Yanqing is your main DPS, you’ll want to do everything in your reach to enhance his ATK%, CRIT Rate, and CRIT DMG, among other stats. As you can see, his abilities already do that to an extent but it’s always great to have a fixed set of Relics to rely on.
Best Relics for Yanqing in Honkai Star Rail
Hunter of Glacial Forest
- Two-piece bonus: Increases Ice DMG by 10%.
- Four-piece bonus: The wearer’s CRIT DMG increases by 25% for 2 turns after using the ultimate.
This is one of the best Relic sets to build Yanqing in Honkai Star Rail. It enhances his Ice DMG but also his CRIT DMG after using the Ultimate which also increases the CRIT Rate. It’s not only ideal for an Ice character but also for a main DPS.
Musketeer of Wild Wheat
- Two-piece bonus: ATK increases by 10%.
- Four-piece bonus: The wearer’s SPD increases by 6% and Basic ATK DMG increases by 10%.
If you can’t improve Yanqing’s Ice DMG, this is the next best thing for any DPS character. While it doesn’t look like much, it will allow Yanqing to attack more often while dealing more damage.
Best Planar Ornament for Yanqing in Honkai Star Rail
Inert Salsotto is a very powerful Planar Ornament that works very well with Yanqing in Honkai Star Rail. It increases his CRIT Rate by 8%, and when his CRIT Rate reaches 50% or higher, the Ultimate and follow-up attack DMG increases by 15%. It pairs very well with Yanqing’s abilities for more powerful and frequent critical hits.
Space Sealing Station is another great option since it increases Yanqing’s ATK by 12% and, when his SPD reaches 120 or higher, it increases by another 12%. This is another go-to for DPS characters in Honkai Star Rail.
In case none of the above suit your playstyle, another Planar Ornament for Yanqing is the Pan-Galactic Commercial Enterprise. This one increases the Effect Hit Rate by 10%. Meanwhile, Yanqing’s ATK increases by an amount that is equal to 25% of Effect Hit Rate, up to a maximum of 25%.
Best Light Cone for Yanqing in Honkai Star Rail
Sleep Like the Dead
This is Yanqing’s signature Light Cone in Honkai Star Rail and should be your main option for building him.
Initially, it increases Yanqing’s CRIT DMG by 30%. When his Basic ATK or Skill does not result in a CRIT Hit, increases their CRIT Rate by 36% for 1 turn. Keep in mind that this effect can be only triggered 1 time every 3 turns.
In the Night
This is Seele‘s signature Light Cone, which means it works great with other DPS characters. It increases the wearer’s CRIT Rate by 18%. Additionally, while the wearer is in battle, for every 10 SPD that exceeds 100, the DMG of the wearer’s Basic ATK and Skill is increased by 6% and the CRIT DMG of their Ultimate is increased by 12%. This effect can stack up to 6 times.
Cruising in the Stellar Sea
This is another powerful alternative made for DPS characters. It increases Janqing’s CRIT rate by 8% and increases his CRIT rate against enemies with HP less than or equal to 50% by an extra 8%. Additionally, when Yanqing defeats an enemy, his ATK is increased by 20% for 2 turns.
Best Honkai Star Rail teams for Yanqing
With Yanqing as the main DPS in your Honkai Star Rail team, you’ll need support characters and shielders to keep him in battle.
Gepard is a very useful tank that can shield Yanqing and keep the enemy’s attention on himself so you don’t have to worry about Yanqing’s HP. Bronya is one of the best support characters in the game and will help Yanqing hit harder and faster.
Alternatively, you can pick Tingyun as your support character and add Clara to have even more firepower without having to worry about Yanqing’s HP. With this team composition, you’ll probably need a healer like Natasha or Bailu to cover all roles.
If you’re looking for more Honkai Star Rail content, we got you covered with more guides:
Honkai Star Rail characters tier list | How to unlock daily missions in Honkai Star Rail | Where to find Star Rail Administrative District treasure chests | How to complete the Honkai Star Rail The Adventurous Moles quest | How to complete the Honkai Star Rail To The Faint Star Quest | How to increase the Equilibrium Level in Honkai Star Rail
Image credits: HoYoverse