Best Qingque Honkai Star Rail build: Light Cone, Relics, teams, more
Four-star characters in Honkai Star Rail aren’t weak by any means, and Qingque is a solid DPS you can unlock in the 1.4 update through Jingliu’s banner. Here’s a build guide for Qingue in Honkai Star Rail, revealing the best Light Cones, Relics, and teams for the character.
Unlocking new characters and building them is one of the most primary and enjoyable aspects of games like Genshin Impact and Honkai Star Rail. Every character boasts a unique set of abilities and skills, and you have complete freedom while strengthening them through Ascension, Light Cones, Relics, and team members.
Qingque is no exception, as this rather tricky DPS unit becomes useful only after you build her properly. Based on her role and element, there are many great options for the character, and choosing the best build isn’t an easy task.
If you’ve unlocked Qingque in Honkai Star Rail version 1.4, use this build guide to learn about the best Relics, Light Cones, Planar Ornaments, and teammates for her.
- Qingque’s abilities in Honkai Star Rail explained
- Best Relics for Qingque in Honkai Star Rail
- Best Planar Ornament for Qingque in Honkai Star Rail
- Best Light Cone for Qingque in Honkai Star Rail
- Best Honkai Star Rail teams for Qingque
Qingque’s abilities in Honkai Star Rail explained
Qingque is a strong DPS and one of the four characters with Quantum Damage. But, as we said before, her power will depend on her luck when drawing jade tiles from her precious game of mahjong. Here are all of Qingque’s abilities:
- Flower Pick (Basic Attack): Tosses 1 jade tile of the suit with the fewest tiles in hand to deal Quantum DMG equal to 50% of Qingque’s ATK to a single enemy.
- A Scoop of Moon (Skill): Draws 2 jade tiles and increases DMG by 14% until the end of the current turn. This effect may be stacked up to four times. The turn will not end after this Skill is used.
- A Quartet? Woo-hoo! (Ultimate): Deals Quantum DMG equal to 120% of Qingque’s ATK to all enemies, and obtain 4 jade tiles of the same suit.
- Celestial Jade (Talent): Qingque randomly draws one tile when an ally’s turn starts, and holds up to four tiles at one time. If Qingque starts her turn with 4 tiles of the same suit, she consumes all of them to enter the “Hidden Hand” state. At the same time, Qingque’s ATK increased by 36% and her Basic Attack is enhanced, becoming “Cherry on Top!”. The “Hidden Hand” state ends after using “Cherry on Top!”.
- Game Solitaire (Technique): Qingque draws 2 jade tiles when the battle starts.
Best Relics for Qingque in Honkai Star Rail
Qingque is a powerful DPS that will run out of your stock of Skill Points in the blink of an eye. This is why we recommend using Relics that prioritize buffing her SPD, ATK, and Crit stats, so even if she hogs SP, you’ll get the best of her attacks.
As one of the four characters that use Quantum element in Honkai Star Rail, you’ll get the most equipping the four-piece set from the Genius of Brilliant Stars. This will increase her Quantum Damage by 10% while ignoring 10% of the enemy’s defense (which multiplies if it has a Quantum Weakness).
Since this set isn’t available until later in the game, you can also use the four-piece Musketeer of Wild Wheat set, which increases Qingque’s SPD by 6% and her Basic ATK DMG by 10%.
Best Planar Ornament for Qingque in Honkai Star Rail
Planar Ornaments are artificial Relics that you’ll be able to obtain once you’ve progressed through the Honkai Star Rail story. Since they’re randomly generated, you’ll have to farm them until getting the specific Planar Ornament that works better for your favorite characters.
In the case of Qingque, you’ll be better off equipping her with the Space Sealing Station, another DPS standard for most characters. This Planar Ornament will boost her attack and help her to deal more consistent damage, even if she hasn’t got her lucky row of jade tiles to increase her stats. If you use a two-piece set, you’ll be able to increase her ATK by 12%. If her SPD is over 120, her ATK will be boosted another 12%.
Best Light Cone for Qingque in Honkai Star Rail
Light Cones in Honkai Star Rail are items that boost a character’s Base HP, ATK, and DEF. When you equip a character with a Light Cone that matches its Path, it will also grant a passive ability that can be a total game changer. Qingque is on the Path of the Erudition, which makes her tricky to equip since there aren’t many useful ones that are three-star.
But you shouldn’t be worried, since we’ve got you covered: there’s a pretty good Light Cone for her called the Seriousness of Breakfast, which you can get for free. It will increase her ATK by 12% and will buff it more with each enemy killed. You can claim it once you cleared the Echo of War.
If you’re willing to buy Light Cones from the online store, you can choose between Before Dawn, Night on the Milky Way, and Geniuses’ Repose. These are the stats you’ll get when equipping them:
- Before Dawn: This Light Cone will fill the gap in Qinque’s stats, buffing her Crit DMG by 36%. Her Skill and Ultimate DMG are also buffed by 18%. After Qingque uses her Skill or Ultimate, she gains Somnus Corpus. After triggering a follow-up attack, Somnus Corpus will be consumed and its DMG will increase by 48%.
- Night on the Milky Way: This option will increase her Damage by 9% for every enemy on the field. If Qingque’s inflicts a weakness break, her DMG will increase by 30% for one turn.
- Geniuses’ Repose: Equipping Qingque with Geniuses’ Repose gives her a 16% ATK boost and extra Crit DMG when she defeats an enemy.
Best Honkai Star Rail teams for Qingque
In the case you want to use Qingque for your Honkai Star Rail team, you should keep in mind that you can waste lots of Skill Points with the hope that she gets a perfect quartet of tiles to perform a powerful attack. If you’re ready to rely on her luck, it’s smart to prepare a team that can endure without consuming those much-needed points.
Since Qingque rolls her tiles, you’ll need to use Arlan as a Sub-DPS to compensate for the risk of her not getting a perfect set. If built correctly, he won’t consume any Skill Points to make any big hits.
Choosing Natasha as a Healer can be crucial to generating Skill Points and fueling Qingque’s gambling skills. By also running Trailblazer (Fire) as a skill point generator as well as the main defense of your party, you can take the burden of Natasha and expect a solid team that can wait for those heavy damage attacks.
If you’re not convinced about using the powerful Qingque on your Honkai Star Rail team, you can read our guides below to find the best character for you:
Best Pela Honkai Star Rail build | Best Tingyun Honkai Star Rail build | Best Clara Honkai Star Rail build | Best Welt Honkai Star Rail build | Best Yukong Honkai Star Rail build | Best Luocha Honkai Star Rail build | Best Herta Honkai Star Rail build | Best Gepard Honkai Star Rail build | Best Yanqing Honkai Star Rail build | Honkai Star Rail next banner & current banner