Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2 April 19 update patch notes: Controller adjustments, bug fixes, DMZ changes, more
For those interested in what the Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 April 19 update introduced to the game, here are the full patch notes.
Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 Season 3 dropped on April 12, and after a week, players have been able to dig their teeth into the new content, getting to grips with the new weapons and return of one-shot Snipers.
That said, the update didn’t come without its criticisms, and Dr Disrespect certainly let his be known. There have also been a few bugs, such as the Massive Resurgence circle bug, but the devs were quick to provide a fix and also respond with a survey regarding the backlash to movement changes in Season 3.
April 19 brought a new update to the game, so for those wondering what the patch notes entail, here they are.
Warzone 2 & Modern Warfare 2 controller improvements
In this patch, the devs have improved both the “usability of controller stick rotation in Weapon Preview by preventing the weapon from sliding back and forth,” and the “Buy Station interface for Players using a controller to now start on Gear Selection.”
These may be small changes, but they should increase the quality of life for players using controllers.
Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2 April 19 patch notes
- This update contains fixes for a number of known crashes
- Improved usability of controller stick rotation in Weapon Preview by preventing the weapon from sliding back and forth.
- When you inspect a sector from the map view of the Battle Pass, the selection will now automatically take you to the most valuable reward in the sector.
- Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause the Killcam not to trigger properly.
- Fixed an issue causing users to be kicked back to the Main Menu after a second attempt to enter the Battle Pass.
- Fixed an issue where despite having Dismemberment and Gore Effects turned off, enemies still exploded while using the “Singularity” Blueprint.
- Fixed an issue where CDL weapon stickers would not show on weapons in-game or in Gunsmith.
- Fixed an issue where you can trigger the search in the invite Players popup when you shouldn’t.
- Fixed an issue in the Events tab where the price of a Reward appeared in red even though you had enough Trophies to redeem it.
- Fixed an issue where some Rewards in the level progression screen didn’t have descriptions.
- Fixed an issue where the Player could be kicked to the Main Menu after scrolling through the most recent players section of the Social screen.
- Fixed an issue where Players wouldn’t see rain on Pelayo’s Lighthouse after infilling on Kortac Team.
- Fixed an issue where the base TAQ-56 would display when previewing non-Blueprint Rewards for Ranked Play.
- Improved Buy Station interface for Players using a controller to now start on Gear Selection.
- Fixed an issue causing rewards for the “Hold The Line” mission to not be rewarded to Players after completion.
- Fixed an issue causing Players to have spawn protection incorrectly applied after a Gulag match.
- Fixed an issue causing Players to spawn in a Battle Royale lobby with a Default Loadout instead of their favorited Loadout.
- Fixed an issue causing Players to crash when attempting to open the AAR.
- Added a one-minute countdown on DMZ match start before Player can use UAV Killstreak.
- Added a message in DMZ Active Duty Operator Slots explaining that the last Operator cannot be dismissed.
- Fixed an issue where the “Enforcer” Raid reward was not properly equipping in DMZ.
- Fixed an issue where the “Double Cross” Mission in DMZ would incorrectly require a specific Dead Drop location
- Fixed an issue where Players using a controller were unable to pick up an enemy’s backpack after eliminating them.
- Fixed an issue that could duplicate weapons after dropping and stowing inventory interactions in DMZ.
For more on Call of Duty, check out our abundance of guides below:
Best guns in Warzone 2 | Best Warzone 2 controller settings | Best PC settings for Warzone 2 | | How to get a nuke in Warzone 2 | Best Assault Rifles in Warzone 2 | Best SMGs in Modern Warfare 2 | Best Assault Rifles in Modern Warfare 2 | Best Shotguns in Modern Warfare 2 | Best Marksman Rifles in Modern Warfare 2 | Best Sniper Rifles in Modern Warfare 2
Image Credits: Activision