Call of Duty: Warzone 2
How to get a nuke in Warzone 2
Warzone 2 has added the legendary Tactical Nuke Killstreak. So, let’s run through how you actually get one in the CoD battle royale.
Many Warzone 2 players are unsure of how to obtain a Tactical Nuke in the CoD battle royale experience, so we’re going to show you the steps you need to follow to launch your own nuke in Warzone 2.
Warzone 2 unexpectedly brought the deadly Tactical Nuke Killstreak to the game and it’s made for some unbelievable streamer content.
Getting a Nuke in the original 2009 Modern Warfare 2 experience was an exhilarating rush as you battled hard to rack up 25 kills in a row, using any means, before eventually dropping a Tactical Nuke on the map, automatically winning the game for your team.
Even if your team was losing by a lot, one nuke for your side was all it took to assure victory and land a few easy, bonus kills in the process. Recent Call of Duty games have kept this idea going with Vanguard having a V2 Rocket, and the latest Modern Warfare 2 title also having the MGB Tactical Nuke.
Warzone 2 also has a Nuke for players to earn, and our guide will walk you through the very difficult process step-by-step.
How to drop a nuke in Warzone 2
The steps required to trigger the Tactical Nuke Killstreak are extremely difficult as it will require five Warzone 2 wins in a row, in addition to a grueling ordeal of additional objectives in a follow-up match.
Here’s an in-depth guide on how to trigger the Nuke in Warzone 2:
- You must first consecutively win five games of Warzone 2.
- Once you’ve done this, load into your next game and you will receive a prompt for the Champion’s Quest contract before you drop in.
- Check your map and you will see three yellow Warzone symbols in relatively close proximity to one another.
- You will now have a new objective that requires you to Locate Elements and this must be done before the end of the match.
- Wait for each small circle in the objective bar to fill up during the game until they reveal an element.
- Now, collect the Beryllium element.
- You will be permanently marked with a Most Wanted crown, a gold one instead of a red one, for the rest of the match.
- Wait for the next element to be revealed, and repeat the process to obtain Plutonium.
- Your character will now suffer continual Radiation damage until the end of the match, and any nearby teammates will too.
- Wait and collect the third element, Tritium, and you will have a scrambled Radar for the rest of the match.
- It’s time to wait for the bomb site to be revealed, so you will need to endure all the effects of the materials while you wait.
- The site location will become available once you get to circle number 4.
- A plane will fly overhead and drop the bomb on the map, and a 5-minute timer will trigger once the bomb site is officially declared live.
- Head to its location and Assemble The Nuke by putting the materials into it, this will then begin a 2-minute countdown until detonation.
- The whole game will be alerted that the Nuke is armed, so defend it for the full duration, and the Tactical Nuke will go off.
Rewards for getting a nuke in Warzone 2
If you’re able to do all of this, you will be rewarded with a special ‘Champion’s Domination’ victory screen, as well as incredibly special items including a Calling Card, Emblem, and a special Nuke skin.
Players worried that each lobby is going to be ruined by an MGB Tactical Nuke probably don’t need to worry as it’s possible that you may never encounter a potential Nuke situation in your time with the CoD battle royale.
But if someone is able to acquire one, then you will need to try and stop it, or succumb to the effects of an explosion and deadly radiation poisoning.
For even more guides on Warzone 2, check out our other content below:
Best guns in Warzone 2: Meta weapons ranked | Best controller settings| Best PC settings | How to ping enemies | How to use Proximity Chat | How to get a nuke | How to equip three weapons | Best Assault Rifles
Image Credit: Activision
Can you play Resident Evil 4 Remake on Steam Deck?
The Resident Evil 4 Remake brings the classic back to life, but is the survival horror game playable on the...
Warzone Mobile: Expected global release date, Verdansk, pre-register & Warzone 2 shared progression
Activision have confirmed that Call of Duty: Warzone is coming to mobile. We have all the latest news and information...
How to play Modern Warfare 2 on Steam Deck
Those with a Steam Deck may be wondering if Modern Warfare 2 is available on the system now that Call...