Having the best Warzone 2 controller settings is key to dominating CoD’s newest battle royale, so we’re breaking down all of the settings to have the best controller aim assist, sensitivity, and movement in Warzone 2 and DMZ.
Warzone 2 and DMZ have finally arrived, bringing brand-new battle royale and extraction-based modes to Modern Warfare 2. If you’re looking to secure wins and extract with high-tier loot, then you’ll need to make sure you have the best controller settings possible to master aim and movement.
We’re breaking down the best controller settings for Warzone 2, helping you fine-tune your aim assist, sensitivity, and movement to start dominting matches of Al Mazrah.
- Best Warzone 2 controller settings
- Best aim assist type for Warzone 2
- Best Warzone 2 Aim Response Curve controller setting
- Best FOV setting for Warzone 2 controller players
- How to find the best controller settings in Warzone 2
Best Warzone 2 controller settings
- Button Layout Preset: Tactical
- Flip L1/R1 with L2/R2: If you play with claw grip or want faster button press time, you should turn this On
- Stick Layout Preset: Default
- Controller Vibration: Off
- Trigger Effect (PS5): Off
- Horizontal Stick Sensitivity: 6
- Vertical Stick Sensitivity: 6
- ADS Sensitivity Multiplier: 0.8
- Sensitivity Multiplier:
- Third Person: 1.00
- Ground Vehicles: 1.00
- Air Vehicles: 1.00
- Tablet: 1.00
- Verticle Aim Axis:
- On Foot: Standard
- Third Person: Standard
- Ground Vehicles: Standard
- Air Vehicles: Standard
The Warzone 2 Sensitivity you choose comes down to preference, but we find 6 to be an excellent place to start. As you play, you can fine-tune the setting to find what feels most comfortable for you.
Further, setting your ADS Sensitivity Multiplier just below your Sensitivity will allow you to be more accurate from range when taking long-range fights across Al Mazrah. The higher your base sensitivity, the lower you may want your ADS multiplier.
We also highly recommend the Tactical Button Layout Preset, as this allows you to Slide/Dive or even crouch while keeping your thumb on the right stick to aim, ready for the opponent.
- Aim Down Sight Behavior: Hold
- Automatic Sprint: Automatic Tactical Sprint
- Equipment Behavior: Hold
- Weapon Mount Activation: ADS + Melee
- Interact/Reload Behavior: Prioritize Interact
- Armor Plate Behavior: Apply All
- Target Aim Assist: On
- Aim Assist Type: Black Ops
- Aim Response Curve Type: Dynamic
- ADS Sens. Multiplier: 1.00
- ADS Sensitivity Transition Timing: Instant
- Custom Sensitivity Per Zoom: Increase if you feel sensitivity with higher optical zoom is too slow
- Inputs Deadzone:
- Left Stick Min: 0.00 (If stick drift occurs, increase until gone)
- Right Stick Min: 0.00 (If stick drift occurs, increase until gone)
- Left Stick Max: 0.99
- Right Stick: 0.99
- L2/R2 Button Deadzones: 0.00
We find that having your Deadzones as low as possible makes your reaction and fine-aim much more precise, allowing you to react faster and be more accurate.
- Sprint/Tactical Sprint Behavior: Toggle
- Auto Move Forward: Off (Unless Left Stick broken)
- Tactical Sprint Behavior: Single Tap Sprint
- Grounded Mantle: Off
- Automatic Airborne Mantle: Partial
- Automatic Ground Mantle: Off
- Invert Slide and Dive Behavior: Standard
- Plunging Underwater: Movement
- Parachute Auto-Deploy: Off
- Sprinting Door Bash: On
Slide Canceling is almost non-existent in Warzone 2, so you may want to invert the Slide and Dive Behaviour. Diving is highly effective in escaping tough situations and Lethal Equipment thrown by the enemy.
We’ve also set Grounded Mantle to Off, as you don’t want to be mantling when you do not intend to do so, and turned Parachute Auto-Deploy Off to allow you to get closer to the ground.
- ADS Stick Swap: Off
- ADS Interruption Behavior: Interrupt
- Weapon Mount Movement Exit: On
- Weapon Mount Exit Delay: Short
- Depleted Ammo Weapon Switch: On
- Quick C4 Detonation: On
- Vehicle Camera Recenter: Short Delay
- Camera Initial Position: Free Look
- Scoreboard Behavior: Toggle
- Ping Wheel Delay: Moderate
- Double Tap Danger Ping Delay: Moderate
Best aim assist type for Warzone 2
You’ll want to make sure you have aim assist turned on in Warzone 2 but you can take full advantage of it by choosing the best aim assist type. Here’s a breakdown of what each Warzone 2 aim assist type means:
- Default: Traditional aim slowdown near target used in Modern Warfare games.
- Precision: Strong aim slowdown that only kicks in when aiming closer to target. Best for accurate players.
- Focusing: Strong aim slowdown that also kicks in when narrowly missing target. Best for players new to analog aiming.
- Black Ops: Traditional aim slowdown near target used in Black Ops games.
No matter your skill level, Black Ops is Warzone 2’s best aim assist type, as it’s slightly stronger and more sticky than Default.
Focusing will be best for players that are new to shooters, but you should move away from it as soon as you become more comfortable and the aim assist feels too strong. If you find Black Ops too sticky, then Default might be worth trying.
Best Warzone 2 Aim Response Curve controller setting
Warzone 2 players can take advantage of three types of Aim Response Curve that change how the aim rate responds to their thumbstick movements. Here’s a breakdown of the three types you’ll find in Warzone 2:
- Standard: Simple power curve map from aim stick to aim rate.
- Linear: Aim stick maps directly to aim rate.
- Dynamic: Reverse S-curve mapping for fine aim rate control.
Standard will feel the most natural for many Call of Duty players, but we recommend switching over to Dynamic. This setting perfectly complements Warzone 2’s aim assist and allows for much finer control. It’s always worth trying Linear, but we wouldn’t recommend it over Dynamic or Standard.
Best FOV setting for Warzone 2 controller players
Warzone 2 has finally brought an FOV slider for console players, allowing them to increase how much of the world they can see around them. But, just because it goes all the way to 120 doesn’t mean it’s the best option.
If playing Warzone 2 on a controller, we recommend anywhere in the range of 100-115 FOV. With how large Al Mazrah is, far-off targets will appear particularly small if the FOV is cranked all the way to 120 so it will be hard to stay accurate when only using your thumbs.
How to find the best controller settings in Warzone 2
While the Warzone 2 controller settings listed above are a great place to start, the same settings don’t apply to everyone, so you can find the best controller settings by simply playing the game.
Here’s what to do:
- Launch Modern Warfare 2
- Click Private Match and then Create New Private Match
- Select Free-For-All
- Under Game Set Up:
- Map: Shoot House
- Time Limit: Unlimited
- Score Limit: Unlimited
- Radar Always On: Directional
- Spawn Ammo Mags: Max
- Bots: 5
- Bot Level: Recruit
Image Credit: Activision
How to get The Witcher Geralt of Rivia Fortnite skin
Here's how you can unlock the brand-new Geralt of Rivia Witcher cosmetic skin in Fortnite Chapter 4, Season 1.
Where to find Oathbound chests in Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 1
Oathbound chests can completley change a match in Fortnite Chapter 4, so here's where to find them on the map.
Warzone 2’s new Resurgence map revealed by leak
A new leak seems to have revealed what the upcoming Warzone 2 Resurgence map will look like when it arrives...