Can you play Valorant on macOS?
Valorant has been one of the most played FPS titles on PC since its release and Riot Games releases fresh content for the game on a regular basis. But can you play Valorant on macOS? Here’s all you need to know.
Valorant Episode 7 Act 3 is in full swing, with Riot releasing new content and changes for its biggest shooter. While the new Act brought the seventh Duelist called Iso into Valorant, the devs also introduced significant nerfs for Raze along with massive buffs for Cypher.
Such changes always affect the game’s meta, shaking up the best Agents in Valorant. However, if you’re not on the Windows platform, and using the macOS, you might be wondering whether you can play Valorant or not.
So, here’s everything you need to know if you wish to play Valorant on macOS in 2023.
- Can you play Valorant on Apple’s macOS?
- How to play Valorant on macOS
- All steps to play Valorant on macOS with Intel CPU
- All steps to play Valorant on macOS with M1/M2/M3
Can you play Valorant on Apple’s macOS?
Valorant isn’t available for macOS as of yet, with a Senior Software Engineer for Riot Games, RiotBrentmeister confirming on a Reddit post, in early 2021, that there are no plans for Valorant to support Mac OS.
Since then, Riot hasn’t announced any plan to launch Valorant for macOS, but we’ll make sure to provide an update here if there’s word about it from the devs.
However, you can still play Valorant on your MacBook or iMac by installing Windows on your device, so here’s how you can do so.
How to play Valorant on macOS
To play Valorant on macOS, you need to use Boot Camp on your device to install Windows. Boot Camp is only supported on Macs with an Intel processor, so here’s a list of supported devices followed by all the steps to install Valorant on macOS.
- MacBook launched in 2015 or later
- MacBook Air launched in 2012 or later
- MacBook Pro launched in 2012 or later
- Mac mini launched in 2012 or later
- iMac launched in 2012 or later
- iMac Pro – All the models
- Mac Pro launched in 2013 or later
All steps to play Valorant on macOS with Intel CPU
- Ensure you have 64 GB or more free storage. 128 GB is recommended for a better experience.
- Secure an external USB drive with at least 16 GB storage.
- Ensure you have a copy of 64-bit Windows 10 or 11 to install on your Mac.
- Visit the official website for Boot Camp.
- Follow all the steps carefully to install Windows on your Mac.
- Switch to the Windows OS, download Valorant using the official website, and install it to start playing.
However, if you’re on one of the recent Macs using the M-series (M1, M2, or M3), you’ll need to follow a different set of steps to start playing Valorant.
All steps to play Valorant on macOS with M1/M2/M3
- Ensure you are good to go with the first three steps listed above.
- Download Parallels on your Mac (Free trial lasts 14 days only).
- Follow all the steps listed here to install Windows.
- Once the installation is complete, switch to Windows on your Mac and download and install Valorant.
So there you have it! That’s all you need to know to start playing Valorant on macOS. For more content on Valorant, be sure to check out the following:
Who is Iso in Valorant? | Best knife skins in Valorant | How to remake in Valorant | How to change your display name in Valorant | How to refund skins and VP in Valorant | How to uninstall Valorant | Best Valorant crosshair codes | Top 10 Valorant streamers on Twitch | How to claim free Valorant Prime Gaming rewards