Does Modern Warfare 3 have game sharing support on Xbox?
You can share games with friends on Xbox consoles, as they come with a game-sharing feature that works across consoles. If you’re wondering whether Modern Warfare 3 supports this feature, here’s everything to know.
As Modern Warfare 3 continues to thrive on all platforms, more and more excited fans are diving into the game. The latest Call of Duty installment has reintroduced many beloved fan-favorite features and movement mechanics to the franchise.
However, 2023 is packed with numerous video game releases, and MW3’s launch coincided with a busy release schedule, which can strain your budget because of the influx of titles. Fortunately, Xbox offers a system that avoids the necessity of multiple purchases, allowing you to share games with friends or family members.
So, are you able to use Xbox’s game share feature in Modern Warfare 3? Here’s all you need to know.
- Can you game share Modern Warfare 3 on Xbox?
- How does game share work on Xbox?
- How to enable game sharing on Xbox
Can you game share Modern Warfare 3 on Xbox?
Xbox game share is available for Modern Warfare 3. The feature was implemented right after the launch of MW3.
How does game share work on Xbox?
Xbox users can easily activate game sharing, enabling friends or family members to treat their Xbox as if it were their own console, granting them access to your entire game library on their own devices.
This system works by giving your designated home Xbox a license from the Xbox network when you install a digital game. This license is tied to your home Xbox and stays valid indefinitely unless you change your home Xbox, ensuring you can play your digital games both online and offline.
How to enable game sharing on Xbox
If you’re looking to know how to enable Xbox’s game sharing, here’s a full breakdown of every step you should complete to activate and use this feature:
- Boot up your Xbox console.
- Sign in to your Xbox Live account.
- Press the Xbox button and navigate to the menu’s left side.
- When you come across the ‘Add New’ option, simply press the ‘A’ button on your controller to add your friend’s account.
- Enter your friend’s login credentials.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and adjust your preferences as directed.
- Press the Xbox button, select ‘Sign in,‘ then, select your friend’s account that you’ve just added.
- Press the Xbox button and head to the ‘Settings‘ option.
- Select ‘Personalization‘ followed by ‘My home Xbox.‘
- Choose the ‘Make this my home Xbox‘ option.
- Once that’s complete, you’ll need to follow the same steps for your friend’s Xbox. This involves entering your Xbox Live login information and designating their console as your home Xbox.
All in all, that’s everything you need to know about Xbox’s game sharing feature for Modern Warfare 3.
For more on Modern Warfare 3, you can check out our other guides on the game:
How to get MGB Tactical Nuke Killstreak in Modern Warfare 3 | When is Ranked Play coming to Modern Warfare 3? | Modern Warfare 3 War mode explained | Modern Warfare 3 Zombies Zones explained | Modern Warfare 3 PC requirements | Does Modern Warfare 3 campaign have co-op?