How to get Warzone 2 Vondel Gulag Key to skip 1v1: Secret guard easter egg
Players have found a new Warzone 2 Easter egg for Vondel’s Gulag which allows them to escape for free, here’s how to do it.
With Season 5 on the horizon, Warzone 2 players have had plenty of time to enjoy the new map that debuted in Season 4, Vondel. The Season 4 Reloaded update introduced battle royale to the map after a long stint of Resurgence, allowing players to experience the classic last-man-standing mode on the new map.
This introduced a new Gulag to the game for Vondel, which has an extremely similar layout to the original Warzone’s Verdansk prison Gulag.
Players have noticed that there’s an Easter egg with Vondel‘s Gulag which allows them back into the game without having to win the 1v1. For those interested, here’s our guide on how to escape the Gulag on Vondel for free using the Gulag Key.
How to get Warzone 2 Vondel Gulag escape key
Here’s how you can get the Warzone 2 Vondel Gulag Key to skip your 1v1 and head straight back into the match for free:
- Once you are in the Vondel Gulag, you need to be waiting for an opponent in the area outside of the map.
- While you’re in this area, walk around the halls until you find a prison guard AI in an orange jumpsuit with a white gas mask on.
- Start punching the guard, but beware, as two hits will see you downed and then you have to wait until your 1v1.
- Fight and dodge the guard’s attacks until they die.
- Once you eliminate the guard, a pop-up will inform you if they dropped a Gulag Key.
- If they did, look on the ground where the Jailer died and you will find the key.
- Pick it up and it will free all of the prisoners in the Gulag.
It’s important to note that you will not get a key every time you kill a prison guard, and it’s currently unclear what the chances are of the Gulag Key dropping after eliminating one.
Some speculate that you need to kill both Jailers, as two spawn in the Gulag. Others believe the Gulag Key has a rare chance to drop, but either way, it’s worth trying.
Well, there you have it, that’s how you can get the guard key in Warzone 2 Vondel’s Gulag to skip the 1v1 and get back into the match for free.
For more guides, make sure you check out some of our other articles below:
Best guns in Warzone 2 | How to ping enemies in Warzone 2 | Best Warzone 2 landing spots | Best FOV settings for Warzone 2 | Best audio settings for Warzone 2 | How to get a nuke in Warzone 2 | Best Assault Rifles in Warzone 2 | Warzone 2 Armor Plate Carriers explained | What is Massive Resurgence in Warzone 2? | 10 most popular weapons in Warzone 2