Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2 April 14 update patch notes: Battle Pass map view & bug fixes
A Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 update arrived on April 14 and it brought several bug fixes as well as a change to the Battle Pass map view introduced in Season 3. Here are the full patch notes.
The Warzone 2 and Modern Warfare 2 Season 3 update arrived on April 12 to shake up both games with new content. Players received new weapons, Operators, maps, and quality-of-life changes with the seasonal update.
In the days following major updates, the devs tend to roll out minor updates to fix bugs and issues that slipped the net. On April 14, the devs revealed that an update hit both Warzone 2 and Modern Warfare 2 to iron out some bugs as well as make a change to the Battle Pass map view.
MW2 & Warzone 2 Season 3 Battle Pass map view reverted
The Season 3 update delivered several changes to the Battle Pass in Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2. Not only did players receive plenty of new rewards to work toward and unlock, but new features like the ability to automatically progress through the Battle Pass arrived.
Despite the new rewards, players couldn’t help but notice the new Battle Pass map view that took shape in Season 3. Players quickly slammed the choice of a flat design and expressed their frustration with the change.
Luckily, the devs decided to revert to the previous Battle Pass map view that was present in Season 1 and Season 2 of Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2 April 14 patch notes
- Updated Battle Pass Map view. While this was an artistic choice, we have reverted it for easier viewing on all types of screens.
- Fixed an issue where backing out of an altered Pro-Tuned weapon wouldn’t keep its name in the Loadout
- Fixed an issue where Players could save the Cronen Squall and FJX Imperium as a Favorite Loadout and use it despite not unlocking it in the Battle Pass in Ranked Play
- Fixed an issue where an incorrect message sometimes displayed in a Battle Pass preview tile
- Fixed an issue that causes broken Field Upgrades to persist on the Map in DMZ
- Fixed an issue where Players were taking damage from the gas in the infil plane in Massive Resurgence
- Fixed an issue in the “Death From Above” Mission in DMZ that blocked progress because the Player buying a Mortar Strike was not tracking
- Fixed an issue with a number of Pro-Tuned Blueprints where attempting to custom tune certain attachments would cause Players to spawn with no weapon
- Fixed an issue where the Fender Operator “EOD Specialist” Skin could cause weapons to appear invisible while loading into a match
- Fixed an issue causing Overclock to recharge Loadout Drop Markers.
- Fixed an issue where Players couldn’t redeem Sector C20 of the Battle Pass because it displayed the weapon name as “Nullify,” a Season 02 gun, instead of the correct weapon “The Haunting.”
- Fixed an issue where a message about a Skin being reactive would appear next to all Skins in the Skin selection menu
- Fixed an issue preventing solo Players from matchmaking into Cooperative Missions
- Increased the number of Buy Stations available on Ashika Island per match to 15, up from 10
For more Call of Duty content check out some of our other guides:
Best guns in Warzone 2 | Best Warzone 2 controller settings | Best PC settings for Warzone 2 | | How to get a nuke in Warzone 2 | Best Assault Rifles in Warzone 2 | Best SMGs in Modern Warfare 2 | Best Assault Rifles in Modern Warfare 2 | Best Shotguns in Modern Warfare 2 | Best Marksman Rifles in Modern Warfare 2 | Best Sniper Rifles in Modern Warfare 2
Source: Call of Duty blog
Image Credit: Activision