Modern Warfare 2 Season 2 Reloaded patch notes: Himmelmatt Expo map, TMNT crossover, Tempus Torrent, more
The Modern Warfare 2 Season 2 Reloaded update is finally here and the devs delivered the new Himmelmatt Expo map, Tempus Torrent weapon, and several game modes. Here are the full patch notes for the MW2 Season 2 Reloaded update.
With MW2 Season 2 Reloaded finally here, Infinity Ward have delivered a new Raid, a brand-new multiplayer map, a new Marksman Rifle, and another major crossover event. Here’s everything that arrived with the Season 2 Reloaded update including the patch notes.
- When is Modern Warfare 2 Season 2 Reloaded?
- New Raid in Modern Warfare 2 Season 2 Reloaded
- New multiplayer map in Modern Warfare 2 Season 2 Reloaded
- Tempus Torrent in Modern Warfare 2 Season 2 Reloaded
- TMNT crossover in Modern Warfare 2 Season 2 Reloaded
- New modes in Modern Warfare 2 Season 2 Reloaded
- Modern Warfare 2 Season 2 Reloaded update patch notes
When is Modern Warfare 2 Season 2 Reloaded?
The Modern Warfare 2 Season 2 Reloaded update arrives on Wednesday, March 15. Like most major Call of Duty updates, the Season 2 Reloaded update rolls out at 9 AM PT / 12 PM ET / 4 PM UK.
The Season 2 Battle Pass is set to wrap up on April 12, so with the Reloaded update being mid-season, March 15 made the most sense for the devs.
New Raid in Modern Warfare 2 Season 2 Reloaded
It’ll be up to you to guide Captain Price, Farah, and Gaz “at the base of a ballistic missile.”
Their mission is to “identify and acquire the attached payload.” However, it won’t be so simple as they “will need to navigate this intricate facility littered with traps.”
Players will earn the Bad Boonie Operator Skin for Captain Price for completing the Modern Warfare 2 Raid Episode 2.
New Himmelmatt Expo map in MW2 Season 2 Reloaded
This “gorgeous” new map takes place at a resort in a snowy, mountainous region, and the devs confirmed that they’ve “decided to move the map up, as it’s already play testing well and tracking ahead of schedule.”
Tempus Torrent in Modern Warfare 2 Season 2 Reloaded
Four new weapons arrived with Modern Warfare 2 Season 2’s launch, and the Tempus Torrent Marksman Rifle arrived with Season 2 Reloaded.
To unlock the Tempus Torrent following the Season 2 Reloaded update, players will need to get 25 Double Kills with Marksman Rifles. The Tempus Torrent will also be available for purchase via a store bundle.
TMNT crossover in Modern Warfare 2 Season 2 Reloaded
Shredder takes center stage in Season 2 Reloaded as a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles crossover will arrive in Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2.
The collaboration will arrive on March 21, roughly one week after the Season 2 Reloaded update.
New modes in Modern Warfare 2 Season 2 Reloaded
Three new modes arrived with Modern Warfare 2 Season 2 Reloaded: Drop Zone, All or Nothing, and One in the Chamber.
Drop Zone is a Modern Warfare 3 mode that adds even more chaos to Hardpoint by dropping Care Packages into the occupied zones every 15 seconds. All or Nothing only gives players Throwing Knives and a pistol with no ammo, and they can only get more ammo by eliminating opponents.
One in the Chamber is the classic free-for-all Party Game where each player has one bullet in their weapon that replenishes if they get a kill. Each player only has three lives, so you’ll need to be accurate to win.
Modern Warfare 2 Season 2 Reloaded update patch notes
Forge a new path with all new challenges to unlock new camos, including Winds of Ash. Complete all ten challenges to earn another new camo for every weapon — Bowing Blossoms — as well as a golden Charm that represents your dedication to following the Path of the Ronin.
You never know what you might find at the end of the rainbow… but you’ve got “one-shot” to find out if luck is on your side in Al Mazrah!
NEW RAID EPISODE
Atomgrad Episode 02New!
Reminder: play Episode 01 first to avoid spoilers!
We find Price, Gaz and Farah where we left them at the end of Episode 01 – and Atomgrad’s story will pick-up there…
Complete Raid Episode 02 to unlock the “Bad Boonie” Operator Skin for Captain Price, and check out the new Raid Bundle for even more of the Captain’s looks. This bundle also includes the fastest way to level up your kits for success in the Raid.
No Assignment Necessary
As part of the Season 02 Reloaded update, anyone who owns Modern Warfare II will be able to access Raid Episode 01 and Raid Episode 02. There is no Raid Assignment required for access to this tactical team-based experience that continues the story of Task Force 141.
Need a Squad?
Don’t forget to use the Party Finder feature in the Lobby if you need teammates for the Raid.
- Tempus Torrent: Marksman Rifle
- This hard-hitting DMR from the Tempus Armament offers the versatility of the M4 Platform and the velocity and impact of 7.62 rounds. A patient hand and keen eye will result in on-target shots and quick kills.
- Can be acquired via Weapon Challenge or Store Bundle.
» Assault Rifles «
- STB 556
- Added minimum damage against Armor (limits bullets to kill at furthest range)
» Light Machine Guns «
- RAAL MG
- Reduced far range damage
- Small increase to close range damage
- Reduced headshot damage
- Reduced upper torso damage
- Increased recoil
- Reduced walking speed
- Reduced muzzle velocity
- Sakin MG38
- Reduced damage range
» Marksman Rifles «
- Increased time period to trigger double kills for challenges
» Submachine Guns «
- Increased mid damage ranges
- Increased sprint to fire time
- Increased damage ranges
- PDSW 528
- Slightly offset weapon while ADS using iron sights to improve visibility
- Vel 46
- Increased close damage ranges
- Fixed attributes on 30 round magazine to improve handling and mobility
- Lachmann Sub
- Reduced movement speed
- Reduced aim down sight speed
- Improved recoil control
- LM Nebula Barrel
- Improved damage range
- Improved recoil control
» Shotguns «
- KV Broadside
- Reduced lower torso damage
- 12 Gauge Ammo
- Reduced damage ranges
- Reduced close range damage
- Dragon’s Breath Ammo
- Reduced damage ranges
- Reduced close range damage
- Global reduction to 12 gauge Dragon’s Breath maximum residual damage
- Bryson 800 and Bryson 890
- Increased headshot damage on all slugtype ammo
- Added minimum damage against armor
» Global «
- Reduced recenter speed for Flinch
- Minor increase to Flinch on ARs, SMGs, LMGs, and Shotguns
» Ammunition «
- Hollow Point Rounds
- Removed bullet velocity penalty
- Frangible Rounds
- Changed healing delay timer to set from last bullet’s impact (lengthens the overall delay on a Player)
- Removed damage range penalty
- Overpressure Rounds
- Removed recoil penalty
- Increased flinch imparted on Players
- 12 Gauge Dragon’s Breath
- Reduced residual damage while burning
- 12 Gauge Slugs and HE Slugs
- Added minimum damage against armor
» Underbarrel Launchers «
- Removed movement penalty from Grenade Launchers
- Added recoil control bonus to Underbarrel Grenade and Shotgun Launchers
- Added one extra ammunition stock to Grenade Launchers
» Stocks «
- Reduced flinch received on no stock modifications
» Bipod Grips «
- Reduced ADS penalty for the Bipod V9 grip
- CORE BP2 Bipod Grip:
- Fixed bug in stat reporting
- Added hip recoil control
- Reduced hip walking speed
- Removed ADS penalty
- Added grip to compatible LMGs and Marksman Rifles
» Underbarrel Grips «
- Reduced ADS penalty on all under barrel grips
- Reduced movement speed penalty for all vertical grips
» Muzzle Attachments «
- Greatly reduced ADS penalty
- Added hip movement speed buff
- Flash Hiders
- Reduced ADS penalty
» Optics «
- Reduced ADS penalty on holo optics
- Removed movement penalties on holo optics
- Reduced ADSand movement penalties from all thermal, hybrid, and variable zoom optics
- Reduced ADS penalty on shotgun scopes
» Comb Attachments «
- Fixed Handling stat UI on:
- Shlager TTF3 Riser
- FSS Ammo Sleeve
- PD-A40 Sleeve
- Wingman Comb
- FSS EL-T Pouch
- Fixed an issue where equipping some attachments to the KV Broadside shotgun would cause Players to not be able to Infil into DMZ
- Fixed Heartbreaker Crossbow Blueprint’s reticle appearance in Killcams
- Fixed an issue that prevented Crossbow bolts from penetrating water
- Frag Grenade
- Damage against armor increased
- Damage against armor increased
- Damage against armor increased
- Submix fixes that were affecting enemy footstep volume
- Equalized sand footsteps to better cut through the mix similar to dirt & concrete
- Fixed an issue that caused War Tracks to randomly stop playing when in active in a vehicle
- Fixed an issue preventing the War Tracks of a Patrol Boat’s driver from being heard while in the Patrol Boat turrets
- Update Requires Restart
- If the title requires a restart due to an update, it will restart automatically
- New Menus
- All new menus for Weapon and Camo Challenges
- Added a Store tab for Players to see all available bundles for a specific weapon
- New Party Queuing
- Party queuing allows players to automatically join a friend’s party once they are finished with their active match. Just like inviting friends to a party or channel, you can access party queuing via the in-game social menu.
This update contains several fixes to reduce the number of known crashes. We continue to prioritize increased stability and crash fixes across all platforms.
- Fixed issue where Players were hearing incorrect team faction voiceover on certain maps
- Fixed an issue where a Player’s squad number would appear inside a ping for a vehicle
- Fixed an issue where the Last Stand revive was not interrupted when a Player was hit with a Shock Stick
- Flash and Stun grenade blast will no longer kill Players at low health
- Fixed a handful of issues that would cause the target marking feature of the Spotter Scope to persist when not aiming down sights
- Throwing Knives can now kill Recon Drones and Bomb Drones
- Fixed an issue with the Gus Operator sometimes appearing without a full character model during a match
- Fixed an issue where the Player would lose a placed Sentry Gun if they try to pick it up while diving
- The Player’s field of view will now reset properly when transitioning to a new round if they were in a Cruise Missile sequence when it happened
- Killstreak command actions from the Wheelson and VTOL are now disabled when a Player is in Last Stand
- Fixed an issue that prevented Players from marking a Mortar Strike and Precision Airstrike position through certain fences
- Fixed an issue causing Care Packages to time out while a Player is using it
- Fixing an issue that played an incorrect voice over when pinging an Overwatch Helo
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Player’s view to be looking downwards after using a Cruise Missile
- Fixed an issue preventing the Drill Charge from eliminating Agents in Battle Royale and DMZ
- Fixed an issue where enemy C4 models destroyed by a Trophy System would not delete
- Fixed an issue preventing the Trophy System from destroying Cluster Mines as they are being deployed
- Fixed an issue where DDoS was not working properly on the Recon Drone and Bomb Drone
- Adjusted the deployment position for the Recon Drone and Bomb Drone within a train so they will no longer destroy themselves immediately afterwards
- Fixed a duplication issue with the Deployable Cover when picking up another Field Upgrade on the ground in Battle Royale and DMZ
- Fixed an exploit where Players could sometimes equip two of the same weapon
- Fixed an issue where changing the receiver in Gunsmith on the Blissful Ignorance Blueprint (SP-X 80) would kick a Player to the previous menu
- Fixed an issue where the weapon preview camera sometimes pointed at the Secondary weapon when the Primary was selected
- Fixed an issue allowing Players to access the Loadout Drop menu after the game has ended
- Fixed an issue causing Navigation bar headings to be cut off in some languages
- Fixed an issue causing Private match menu headers to occasionally overlap in some languages
- Fixed an issue where a Player’s full ATVI ID was not showing in Play of the Game
- Fixed an issue where some Players would display a garbled clan tag
- Fixed an issue where the Gus Operator would sometimes appear without a full character model
- Fixed an issue where some Players’ Operator would disappear in the pre-game lobby
- Fixed an issue where the background would not load when backing in and out of Showcase
- Fixed various issues affecting Social notifications
- Fixed an issue where splitscreen was displaying channels incorrectly
- Fixed an issue where the Friends List scroll bar would sometimes disappear while scrolling
- Fixed an issue affecting the displayed Lobby elapsed match time
- Fixed various issues affecting Displayed Party Members
- Fixed an issue where Queued Party Members display when they are in a Private party but not in Lobby
- Fixed an issue affecting Queued Party Members in View Party Panel
- Fixed an issue causing Members in Voice count to appear incorrectly
- Fixed an issuing causing “Join Player” option to appear for people that are already in the Player’s Party Queue
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the “Invite to Party” option to not appear while in a Lobby
- Fixed an issue causing Party member client search states to not appear correctly on screen when the Party leader initiated a queue
- Fixed various issues with Party Queuing, including Party Members Join/Invite availability
- Fixed an issue causing Players in a Party that are kicked for inactivity to be removed from the group
- Fixed an issue to improve Social Hub Tile actioning
- Fixed an issue affecting Queued Party Members in Game Chat
- Fixed various issues affecting Game Chat in Parties
- Fixed an issue causing vehicles to sometimes run over enemy combatants after unloading them
- Fixed an exploit where Players could use an ATV to push teammates into the ceiling of some buildings
- Fixed an issue causing neutral vehicles to crush Players resulting in death, instead of moving them out of the way
- Fixed an issue causing some vehicles to get stuck under the Exfil chopper in DMZ
- Fixed an issue causing the vehicle explosion danger indicator to disappear when a Player was still in range of the vehicle explosion
- Fixed an issue making vehicle explosive damage too high in Battle Royale and DMZ
- Fixed an issue preventing Players from deploying a Claymore on the Heavy Chopper
- Fixed an issue causing the Heavy Chopper to take damage from explosions far away from it
- Fixed an issue preventing windows on vehicles from breaking if the Player enters from the roof through that window
- Fixed an issue causing vehicles parked at extreme angles to become unusable
- Fixed an issue causing the Inflatable Decoy to not stick to the train when it inflates
- Fixed an issue where the Player would be instantly killed when colliding with a vehicle at the top of an ascender
PC users will have an audio update allowing Players to select stereo or surround outputs. This option will default to stereo if not set. We have been investigating clips which appear to only include the front left and right channels, when the output on some PCs may default to surround – resulting in missing channels of audio.
Gyro Aiming Ratcheting
A “Gyro Ratcheting” setting has been added in the Controller category (Advanced tab) for Season 02 Reloaded. This option improves the Player experience by allowing a Player to disable manually the Gyro function by pressing a specific button, that can be chosen by the Player among several options, to be able to reposition the controller as desired. Players looking for more controls regarding the Gyro Aiming experience should customize this setting.
An “Inverted Flash” option has been added as an accessibility option in the Interface category for Season 02 Reloaded with two values: Off (default behavior) and On (added behavior). This option allows to change the color of the flash effect of the flashbang tactical grenade from white to black. We recommend adjusting this option for Players who feel discomfort when affected by the full white screen effect of the flashbang tactical grenade. Duration and visual are at parity between the two values of the option, providing no competitive advantage.
- Added a new fill bar for Last Stand and Dog Tags to match Battle Royale and provide additional clarity for downed teammates
- Added new challenges to the Co-op Pool of Daily Challenges
- Fixed an issue where equipment UI could appear as orange or flicker white
- Fixed an issue allowing Players to use aerial equipment during Infil
- Fixed issue that could cause Player to become temporarily invincible
- Fixed an issue preventing Players from driving enemy vehicles
- Fixed an issue where enemy pilots could be seen floating in the sky
- Fixed bug that would prevent Players from restarting the mission if the bomb goes off
- Fixed an issue with map borders so Players can no longer exit map while in vehicles
ATOMGRAD RAID EPISODE
- A Weapon XP token is now unlocked for each completion of the Raid
- Added 1 Camo to the regular loot pool
- Added additional clarity in the AAR for all Raid related unlocks, including, Operator unlocks, Veteran completion unlocks and the random rewards
- Added a Kit Select to allow players to modify their kits in-game if needed
- Added clarity to which rewards are unlockable and which rewards are already unlocked via a list in the lobby
- Removed Raid Assignment requirement so Players can easily queue through the Party Finder with no barriers
- Added unique [CLASSIFIED] Reward Type
- Added “Special Ops Kit Boost” to Raid Store Bundles which allows Players to gain 10 stars per Kit and instantly unlock all Kits upon purchase
- Added “Vote to Skip” functionality for in-game intro cutscenes
- Fixed an issue where an extra oxygen tank icon could appear on the screen of the equipped Player
- Himmelmatt Expo
- Mix business with pleasure at Himmelmatt Expo, a new Core (6v6) Multiplayer map situated on a European mountainside.
- Drop Zone
- Capture and hold the Drop Zone to earn points in this chaotic team-based mode. For every 15 seconds that the Drop Zone is occupied, a Care Package containing a Killstreak will be dropped in the vicinity.
- One in the Chamber
- Load into the match with a pistol, one bullet, and three lives. Each player fights for themselves, and a single shot to any part of the body earns the elimination, granting the attacker one more bullet for the next fight.
- All or Nothing
- Equipped only with Throwing Knives and a pistol with no ammo, each Operator must fight for themselves in a race to earn 20 eliminations. Earn additional Perks by eliminating enemies, starting with the Scavenger Perk to allow for ammo pickups.
- Fixed several out of bounds and collision based exploits across 6v6 maps
- Addressed spawn issues on Farm 18
- Fixed an exploit for capturing a point in Control on El Aliso
- The following have been restricted in Ranked Play to match updated Call of Duty League rules:
- Weapon Tuning (All)
- Kastov 762 Assault Rifle
- Players should notice that existing Weapon Tuning will revert to default options in-game, but we recommend that you review your classes before your first match.
Quality of Life
- Improved visual feedback when a match is canceled because a player left within the first 30s.
- The Skill Division Rewards screen now displays rewards from all Divisions by default.
- Added Top 250 Profile images for a handful of CDL Pro players who were previously missing them.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from selecting the CDL Operators and equipping an earned Ranked Play Skin.
- Addressed a visual bug that suggested a player’s SR had been reset.
- Fixed an issue that was occasionally causing an unintended Suspension after backing out of searching for a match before the lobby was formed.
To dominate Modern Warfare 2 Season 2, you can check out some of our other guides in the meantime:
Best Modern Warfare 2 PC settings | Best Modern Warfare 2 controller settings | Best guns in Modern Warfare 2 | Best Assault Rifles in Modern Warfare 2 | Best audio settings for Modern Warfare 2 | Modern Warfare 2 Ranked Play rewards | Best Ranked Play loadouts for Modern Warfare 2 | Best SMGs in Modern Warfare 2
Source: CoD blog
Image Credit: Activision