Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II
Best controller settings for Modern Warfare 2 Season 2 Reloaded: Sensitivity, aim assist, movement, more
Here are the best controller settings for Modern Warfare 2 Season 2 Reloaded, including sensitivity, aim assist, field of view, and more.
Modern Warfare 2 allows for a ton of controller customization options to fine-tune your aim assist, sensitivity, and movement. Here are the best Modern Warfare 2 controller settings in Season 2 Reloaded.
Modern Warfare 2 Season 2 Reloaded is finally here, and there is a plethora of brand-new content available in the game, including a new map, weapon, and game modes.
It’s the perfect time to hop into the game and check out all of the new content. However, playing with poor aim assist settings or sensitivity that is too high can cost you kills and wins — especially when grinding Ranked Play. Luckily, Modern Warfare 2 features controller customization for you to take advantage of.
We’ve put together the ultimate guide to the best Modern Warfare 2 controller settings for Season 2 Reloaded.
- Best Modern Warfare 2 controller settings
- Best Modern Warfare 2 Aim Assist Type
- Best Modern Warfare 2 Aim Response Curve
- Best Modern Warfare 2 FOV settings
- How to find the best controller settings in Modern Warfare 2
Best Modern Warfare 2 controller settings for Season 2 Reloaded
- Button Layout Preset: Tactical
- Flip L1/R1 with L2/R2: If you play with claw grip or want faster button press time, you should turn this On
- Stick Layout Preset: Default
- Controller Vibration: Off
- Trigger Effect (PS5): Off
- Horizontal Stick Sensitivity: 6
- Vertical Stick Sensitivity: 6
- ADS Sensitivity Multiplier: 0.9
- Sensitivity Multiplier:
- Third Person: 1.00
- Ground Vehicles: 1.00
- Air Vehicles: 1.00
- Tablet: 1.00
- Verticle Aim Axis:
- On Foot: Standard
- Third Person: Standard
- Ground Vehicles: Standard
- Air Vehicles: Standard
Sensitivity comes down to preference, but we find 6 to be a good place to start in Modern Warfare 2. As you become more experienced, we advise you to increase this setting to a level that feels comfortable. The higher the sensitivity the faster your turn will be, allowing you to gun players no matter what angle the enemy comes from.
Further, setting your ADS Sensitivity Multiplier just below your Sensitivity will allow you to be more accurate from range when aiming down sights. The higher your base sensitivity, the lower you may want your ADS multiplier.
We also highly recommend the Tactical Button Layout Preset, as this allows you to Slide/Dive or even crouch while keeping your thumb on the right stick to aim, ready for the opponent.
- Aim Down Sight Behavior: Hold
- Automatic Sprint: Off
- Equipment Behavior: Hold
- Weapon Mount Activation: ADS + Melee
- Interact/Reload Behavior: Prioritize Reload
- Armor Plate Behavior: Apply One
- Target Aim Assist: On
- Aim Assist Type: Black Ops
- Aim Response Curve Type: Dynamic
- ADS Sens. Multiplier: 1.00
- ADS Sensitivity Transition Timing: Instant
- Custom Sensitivity Per Zoom: Increase if you feel sensitivity with higher optical zoom is too slow
- Inputs Deadzone:
- Left Stick Min: 0.00 (If stick drift occurs, increase until gone)
- Right Stick Min: 0.00 (If stick drift occurs, increase until gone)
- Left Stick Max: 0.99
- Right Stick: 0.99
- L2/R2 Button Deadzones: 0.00
Having your Deadzones as low as possible makes your reaction and fine-aim control much more precise, allowing you to react faster and be more accurate.
- Sprint/Tactical Sprint Behavior: Toggle
- Auto Move Forward: Off (Unless Left Stick broken)
- Tactical Sprint Behavior: Single Tap Sprint
- Grounded Mantle: Off
- Automatic Airborne Mantle: Partial
- Automatic Ground Mantle: Off
- Invert Slide and Dive Behavior: Standard
- Plunging Underwater: Movement
- Parachute Auto-Deploy: On
- Sprinting Door Bash: On
Slide Canceling is non-existent in Modern Warfare 2, so you may want to invert the Slide and Dive Behaviour. Diving is highly effective in escaping tough situations and Lethal Equipment thrown by the enemy.
We’ve also set Grounded Mantle to Off, as you don’t want to be mantling when you do not intend to do so.
- ADS Stick Swap: Off
- ADS Interruption Behavior: Interrupt
- Weapon Mount Movement Exit: On
- Weapon Mount Exit Delay: Medium
- Depleted Ammo Weapon Switch: On
- Quick C4 Detonation: On
- Vehicle Camera Recenter: Short Delay
- Camera Initial Position: Free Look
- Scoreboard Behavior: Toggle
- Ping Wheel Delay: Moderate
- Double Tap Danger Ping Delay: Moderate
Best Modern Warfare 2 Aim Assist Type
Of course, you want to ensure your aim assist is turned on when playing Modern Warfare 2, but you can take it a step further by ensuring you’re using the best Aim Assist type. Here’s a breakdown of what each type means:
- Default: Traditional aim slowdown near target used in Modern Warfare games.
- Precision: Strong aim slowdown that only kicks in when aiming closer to target. Best for accurate players.
- Focusing: Strong aim slowdown that also kicks in when narrowly missing target. Best for players new to analog aiming.
- Black Ops: Traditional aim slowdown near target used in Black Ops games.
Focusing will be best for newer shooter players, but you should move away from it as soon as you become more comfortable and the aim assist feels too strong. But if you find Black Ops too sticky, then it’s hard to go wrong with Default.
There’s not much difference between Black Ops and Default aim assist, so it’s worth trying both to see which one is to your liking.
Best Modern Warfare 2 Aim Response Curve
Modern Warfare 2 offers players three types of Aim Response Curve that change how your aim rate responds to your thumbstick movements. Here’s a breakdown of the three types you’ll find in Modern Warfare 2:
- Standard: Simple power curve map from aim stick to aim rate.
- Linear: Aim stick maps directly to aim rate.
- Dynamic: Reverse S-curve mapping for fine aim rate control.
When it comes to Aim Response Curve, many Call of Duty players prefer the Standard option as it’ll feel the most natural.
With that said, we recommend Dynamic for those who are comfortable and experienced on the sticks as it allows for much finer control. And we advise that players stay away from Linear entirely.
Best Modern Warfare 2 FOV settings
While it may not be obvious, your Field of View setting will impact your aim and performance on controller just as much as mouse and keyboard.
We recommend setting your FOV to any number between 100 and 115, as this will maximize your ability to see around you and prevent enemies from getting the jump on you. But, it won’t be so high that enemy players become small and hard to track.
How to find the best Modern Warfare 2 controller settings
Unfortunately, there won’t be a list of settings that work perfectly for everyone, so if you’re looking to find the best controller settings in Modern Warfare 2 for you, it’s as simple as fighting against some low-level bots until you’re comfortable.
We recommend jumping into Shoot House as you’ll be able to take both close and long-range fights with ease, and then shoot Recruit-level bots while tweaking your settings.
Here’s everything you need to do:
- Launch Modern Warfare 2.
- Click Private Match and then Create New Private Match.
- Select Free-For-All.
- Under Game Set Up:
- Map: Shoot House
- Time Limit: Unlimited
- Score Limit: Unlimited
- Radar Always On: Directional
- Spawn Ammo Mags: Max
- Bots: Max
- Bot Level: Recruit
- Hit Start Match and fine-tune your controller settings to find what’s most comfortable.
While here, you should also set your Input Deadzone to 0 and keep increasing it until any stick drift is gone.
Well there you have it, that’s our recommendation for Modern Warfare 2’s best controller settings. For more, be sure to check out our other Season 2 Reloaded guides:
Best Modern Warfare 2 PC settings | Best guns in Modern Warfare 2 | Best Assault Rifles in Modern Warfare 2 | Best audio settings for Modern Warfare 2 | Modern Warfare 2 Ranked Play rewards | Best Ranked Play loadouts for Modern Warfare 2 | Best SMGs in Modern Warfare 2
Image Credits: Activision
All Ranked Play rewards in Modern Warfare 2 & how to get them in Season 2 Reloaded
Here are all of the Ranked Play rewards you can earn in Modern Warfare 2 Season 2 Reloaded along with...
All Quagsire weaknesses & resistances in Pokemon
Here's everything there is to know about Quagsire's weaknesses, resistances, and immunities to beat it in Pokemon battles.
FIFA 23 FUT Ballers: End date, Play to Style upgrades, players, objectives & more
FIFA 23 FUT Ballers has arrived as an Ultimate Team promo, so here are the featured players and how the...