Pokemon Go 1 km Buddy list: How to earn Candy fast
The Pokemon Go buddy system allows players to earn Candy by walking, which can be useful for evolving and powering up Pokemon. Here’s the complete list of Pokemon with the minimum walking distance to earn Candy.
Pokemon Go players can set any of their Pokemon as their buddy to walk together and earn a ton of rewards. The most important reward is Candy, which trainers can use to power up and evolve Pokemon. Naturally, some Pokemon need to walk longer distances than others to earn just one Candy, so it’s always important to know which Pokemon can earn Candy faster.
If you’re looking to power up your Pokemon or need to clear some Research tasks that require you to earn Candy, here’s the complete list of Pokemon that only need to walk 1 km to earn Candy.
Pokemon Go 1 km buddy distance chart
The following Pokemon will earn one Candy for every 1 km you walk either with the game open or Adventure Sync activated:
- Caterpie, Metapod, and Butterfree
- Weedle, Kakuna, and Beedrill
- Pidgey, Pidgeotto, and Pidgeot
- Rattata and Raticate
- Spearow and Fearow
- Pichu, Pikachu, and Raichu
- Cleffa, Clefairy, and Clefable
- Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, and Wigglytuff
- Zubat, Golbat, and Crobat
- Geodude, Graveler, and Golem
- Magikarp and Gyarados
- Sentret and Furret
- Hoothoot and Noctowl
- Ledyba and Ledian
- Spinarak and Ariados
- Slugma and Magcargo
- Remoraid and Octillery
- Poochyena and Mightyena
- Zigzagoon and Linoone
- Wurmple, Silcoon, Cascoon, Beautifly, and Dustox
- Taillow and Swallow
- Surskit and Masquerain
- Whismur, Loudred, and Exploud
- Aron, Lairon, and Aggron
- Gulpin and Swalot
- Wailmer and Wailord
- Spoink and Grumpig
- Swablu and Altaria
- Barboach and Whiscash
- Starly, Staravia, and Staraptor
- Bidoof and Bibarel
- Kricketot and Kricketune
- Burmy, Wormadam, and Mothim
- Cherubi and Cherrim
- Patrat and Watchog
- Lillipup, Herdier, and Stoutland
- Purrloin and Liepard
- Pidove, Tranquil and Unfezant
- Woobat and Swoobat
- Sewaddle, Swadloon, and Leavanny
- Venipede, Whirlipede, and Scolipede
- Cottonee and Whimsicott
- Petilil and Lilligant
- Dwebble and Crustle
- Tynamo, Eelektrik, and Eelektross
- Bunnelby and Diggersby
- Fletchling, Fletchinder, and Talonflame
- Scatterbug, Spewpa, and Vivillon
- Pikipek, Trumbeak, and Toucannon
- Yungoos and Gumshoos
- Stufful and Bewear
- Wimpod and Golisopod
- Skwovet and Greedent
As you can see, all Pokemon in the same evolutionary line will need the same walking distance to earn Candy. There’s no limit to how much Candy you can earn with your buddy in one day, so go crazy.
How to set your buddy in Pokemon Go
If you’ve never set your buddy in Pokemon Go, these are the steps you need to follow:
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- Open the Pokemon Go app.
- Tap your avatar face.
- On the ‘Me’ tab, press the ‘Buddy’ icon (the one with two smiling faces).
- Choose a Pokemon.
If you already have a buddy, its face will show right next to your avatar on the main screen of the game. To swap buddies, you must follow these simple steps:
- Open the Pokemon Go app.
- Tap your buddy on the bottom left corner of the main view screen.
- Scroll all the way down and tap ‘Swap buddies’.
- Choose a different Pokemon to join you.
You can swap buddies a maximum of 20 times a day if necessary.
If you’re looking for more Pokemon Go content, we’ve got you covered with many more guides:
How to connect Pokemon Go to Pokemon Scarlet & Violet | Pokemon Go Raid schedule | Pokemon Go Spotlight Hour schedule | How to heal Pokemon in Pokemon Go | How many Pokemon are there? | Best Pokemon for PvP battles in Pokemon Go | How to get revives in Pokemon Go | Pokemon Go best attackers ranked | Every Item and Box in the Pokemon Go Shop | How to get PokeCoins in Pokemon Go | Pokemon Go Friend Codes
Image Credits: Niantic / The Pokemon Company