Best Himeko Honkai Star Rail build: Light Cone, Relics, Planar Ornament, more
Himeko is a five-star playable character in Honkai Star Rail and players can have a glimpse of her power in the early stages of the game. For those looking to add her to their teams, here’s how to build her with the best Light Cone, Relics, and more.
Honkai Star Rail players begin their adventures in the Herta Space Station, where they meet a few of the many characters in the game. One of those characters is Himeko, a powerful five-star heroine responsible for the Astral Express’ navigation.
If players want to add Himeko to their team, they must unlock her through the gacha system. Lucky players might have found one of the best characters available so far, so here’s how to build Himeko to take advantage of her abilities.
- Himeko’s abilities in Honkai Star Rail explained
- Best Relics for Himeko in Honkai Star Rail
- Best Planar Ornament for Himeko in Honkai Star Rail
- Best Light Cone for Himeko in Honkai Star Rail
- Best teams for Himeko in Honkai Star Rail
Himeko’s abilities in Honkai Star Rail explained
Himeko is a five-star Fire element character in the path of The Erudition in Honkai Star Rail. This means she’s an specialist in dealing AoE (Area of Effect) damage that can wipe many enemies at once.
She has the following abilities in Honkai Star Rail:
- Sawblade Tuning (Basic attack) – Deals single-target Fire DMG equal to 50%–130% of Himeko’s ATK.
- Molten Detonation (Skill) – Deals single-target Fire DMG equal to 100%–250% of Himeko’s ATK to one enemy and additional Fire DMG equal to 40%–100% of Himeko’s ATK to opponents adjacent to it.
- Heavenly Flare (Ultimate) – Deals Fire DMG equal to 138%–276% of Himeko’s ATK to all enemies. For every defeated enemy, Himeko gains 5 energy.
- Victory Rush (Talent) – Himeko gains 1 Charge point (max 3 points) after inflicting a Weakness Break on an enemy. If she is fully Charged when an ally performs an attack, Himeko deals Fire DMG equal to 70%–175% of her ATK to all enemies through a follow-up attack. This consumes all Charge Points. At the start of the battle, Himeko gains 1 point of Charge.
- Incomplete Combustion (Technique) – After using Technique, creates a dimension that lasts for 15 seconds and enemies in the dimension take 10% more Fire DMG for 2 turns. Only 1 dimension created by allies can exist at the same time.
Currently, Himeko is the best DPS AoE character Honkai Star Rail has to offer, so your priority should be improving her SPD, DMG, ATK%, and CRIT DMG for more powerful results.
Best Relics for Himeko in Honkai Star Rail
Firesmith of Lava-Forging
- Two-piece bonus: Increases Fire DMG by 10%.
- Four-piece bonus: Increases the wearer’s Skill DMG by 12%. The wearer’s Fire DMG increases by 12% after using the Ultimate.
This Relic set is ideal for Himeko since it will increase her DMG output in different instances. Unfortunately, this is the only Relic set that enhances Fire DMG, so there aren’t many options available for this character.
Musketeer of Wild Wheat
- Two-piece bonus: ATK increases by 10%.
- Four-piece bonus: The wearer’s SPD increases by 6% and Basic ATK DMG increases by 10%.
In case you can’t get your hands on the Firesmith of Lava-Forging Relic, Musketeer of Wild Wheat is an interesting alternative. It will improve Himeko’s best stats and increase her SPD to have her hit hard and fast.
Keep in mind that Relics slots won’t unlock in the early stages of the game, so you should focus on leveling up characters and finding the best Light Cone for them in the meantime.
Best Planar Ornament for Himeko in Honkai Star Rail
Space Sealing Station is a great Planar Ornament for Himeko in Honkai Star Rail. As the Relics listed above, it increases the wearer’s ATK by 12%, and when the wearer’s SPD reaches 120 or higher, her ATK increases by another 12%.
On the other hand, Inert Salsotto increases Himeko’s CRIT Rate by 8%, and when her current CRIT Rate reaches 50% or higher, the Ultimate and follow-up attack DMG increases by 15%. The choice between the two Planar Ornaments depends on your playstyle since both focus on improving Himeko’s damage output.
Additionally, there’s a third Planar Ornament that works well with Himeko. Talia Kingdom of Banditry increases Himeko’s Break Effect by 20%, and when her SPD reaches 145 or higher, her Break Effect increases by an extra 28%. This works like magic with Himeko’s Talent.
Best Light Cone for Himeko in Honkai Star Rail
Night on the Milky Way
This is Himeko’s signature Light Cone in Honkai Star Rail and you should equip it right away if you have the chance.
For every enemy on the field, Night on the Milky Way increases Himeko’s ATK by 9.0%, up to 5 stacks. When an enemy is inflicted with Weakness Break, the DMG dealt by the wearer increases by 30% for 1 turn.
Enhancing CRIT DMG and CRIT Rate for DPS characters can lead to a swift victory in battle, so this Light Cone is another excellent option for Himeko. For starters, it increases the wearer’s CRIT DMG by 32% and the Skill and Ultimate DMG by 20%.
With this Light Cone, when Himeko uses her Skill or Ultimate, she gains Somnus Corpus. Upon triggering a follow-up attack, Somnus Corpus will be consumed, and the follow-up attack DMG increases by 48%. This can have devastating effects depending on the rest of Himeko’s build.
This four-star Light Cone increases Himeko’s ATK by 16%. Additionally, when she defeats an enemy, her CRIT DMG increases by 24% for 3 turns.
The Seriousness of Breakfast
Lastly, another four-star Light Cone that can work very well with Himeko increases her DMG by 12%. What’s more, for every defeated enemy, her ATK increases by 4%, stacking up to 3 times.
Best teams for Himeko in Honkai Star Rail
If you add Himeko to your Honkai Star Rail team, she’ll be you main DPS. This means you should surround her with a few support characters and a healer to make the most out of her damage output.
Currently, Bronya is one of the best support characters and it’s a great addition to any team. While Bronya can increase Himeko’s ATK, Pela, on the other hand, can lower enemies’ defenses. Tingyun is a very decent third option that can increase Himeko’s ATK and regenerate Energy.
Bailu is your best option for a healer on Himeko’s team thanks to her ability to revive a teammate once per battle. If Bailu is out of your reach, Natasha can fill the healer spot quite nicely.
If you’re looking for more Honkai Star Rail content, we got you covered with more guides:
Honkai Star Rail characters tier list | How to unlock daily missions in Honkai Star Rail | Where to find Star Rail Administrative District treasure chests | How to complete the Honkai Star Rail The Adventurous Moles quest | How to complete the Honkai Star Rail To The Faint Star Quest | How to increase the Equilibrium Level in Honkai Star Rail
Image credits: HoYoverse