How to connect Pokemon Go to Pokemon Home
Pokemon Home is an app that offers cloud space storage for players who want to transfer or trade their favorite Pokemon from different games including Pokemon Go. Here’s a guide on how to connect Pokemon Go to Pokemon Home.
Over the years, the Pokemon franchise has released countless games that allow fans to take up the role of a trainer, collect Pokemon, and fight Gym Battles. Although the core mechanics of these games have remained, there’s always some variety in the available Pokemon.
Pokemon Home is a unique service through which you can store Pokemon from various games in one place. The compatible games include titles like Pokemon Legends: Arceus and Sword and Shield. The cloud storage also allows you to access the Global Trade Station which is a trading system for trainers around the world.
Here’s how you can enter the world of Pokemon Home and add your Pokemon Go favorites to it.
- How to link your Pokemon Go and Pokemon Home accounts
- How to transfer Pokemon from Pokemon Go to Pokemon Home
- Should you connect Pokemon Go to Pokemon Home?
How to link your Pokemon Go and Pokemon Home accounts
You need to download Pokemon Home on your Android/iOS device to link your Pokemon Go account with it. Go to your device’s app store to do so.
Following installation, create a new Nintendo account or log in with your existing account. To make the most out of the service, use the same Nintendo account in the Nintendo Switch and mobile versions of Pokemon Home.
Once you’ve installed Pokemon Home and completed the app’s tutorial, follow these steps to connect it to Pokemon Go:
- Open Pokemon Go and click on the Pokeball icon in the center.
- Go to Settings and scroll down to Pokemon Home.
- Sign in with your Nintendo account (the same one you use to access Pokemon Home).
Once you sign in, your Pokemon Go and Pokemon Home accounts will be linked and you’ll be able to transfer Pokemon as well.
How to transfer Pokemon from Pokemon Go to Pokemon Home
Follow these steps to transfer Pokemon from Pokemon Go to Pokemon Home:
- Launch Pokemon Go, tap on the Pokeball icon in the center, and go to Settings.
- Choose Pokemon Home, log in with the desired Nintendo account, and hit Send Pokemon.
- Make sure that your Go Transporter Energy is sufficient. You can either wait for it to fill up or use Pokecoins for an instant recharge.
- Select the Pokemon you want to transfer and choose Send.
- Confirm the Pokemon you want to transfer and the energy cost, and tap on Transport.
To receive your Pokemon Go Pokemon in Pokemon Home, follow these steps:
- Launch Pokemon Home and a Would you like to receive them? prompt shall appear. Choose Yes.
- View the list of transferred Pokemon and tap the Receive Pokemon button at the bottom of the page.
- Your Pokemon from Pokemon Go will now be a part of the Pokemon Home.
Do note that Pokemon can only be sent from Pokemon Go to Pokemon Home, and not from Pokemon Home to Pokemon Go.
Also, keep in mind that you can access your Pokemon Home account and transfer Pokemon to many saved games, including save slots from different users in the same Nintendo Switch game. This could be a great way to get extra storage if you need it.
Should you connect Pokemon Go to Pokemon Home?
You can get Meltan and Melmetal in Pokemon Go by connecting it to Pokemon Home. Both Meltan and Melmetal are two of the rarest Pokemon in Pokemon Go, and this is the biggest reason why players would want to connect both games.
By linking your accounts and transferring Pokemon, you get a Mystery Box in Pokemon Go that lures Meltan for an hour. You can recharge this box every three days by transporting more Pokemon.
Considering the rarity of Meltan, this could be your only chance at collecting 400 Meltan candies and obtaining a Melmetal in Pokemon Go. The Mythical Steel Pokemon is great in PvP combat, and you won’t regret adding it to your collection.
That’s all you need to know about how to connect your Pokemon Go and Pokemon Home accounts. For more Pokemon content, you can check our guide section below:
How to get Okidogi in Pokemon S&V: The Teal Mask | How to get Feebas & Milotic in Pokemon S&V Teal Mask DLC | How to get Panthump & Trevenant in Pokemon S&V DLC: The Teal Mask | How to get Mystery Egg in Pokemon S&V Teal Mask DLC | How to get Aipom & Ambipom in Pokemon S&V DLC | How to get Gligar & Gliscor in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet Teal Mask DLC