How to beat Pokemon Go Moltres Raid: Weaknesses, counters & can it be shiny?
Pokemon Go Moltres Raids are quite challenging, and players want to know how to tackle this legendary Fire-type Pokemon. So here’s the best strategy, attacks, and Pokemon to defeat it in Pokemon Go.
Moltres is all set to blaze through Pokemon Go Raids. Being one of the first Legendary Pokemon to be introduced in the Gen 1 games, Moltres is one of the most sought-after Pokemon. It is also one of the best Pokemon to use as a Fire-type attacker in PvE. So these Raids are a great way for players to catch a Moltres with great stats.
Pokemon Go players will be glad to know that Moltres Raid Battles are not too difficult. However, players will need to know the best counters to get the job done. So, here’s all you need to know about beating Pokemon Go Moltres Raids and the availability of shiny Moltres.
- Pokemon Go Moltres type and Weaknesses
- How to get Moltres in Pokemon Go
- Best counters for Pokemon Go Moltres
- Is shiny Moltres available in Pokemon Go?
- Pokemon Go Moltres moveset
Moltres Pokemon Go type and weaknesses
The dazzling Moltres is a Fire/Flying-type Pokemon and is one of the most powerful Legendaries in Pokemon Go.
Moltres is weak to the Rock, Electric, and Water-types. Players should know that Moltres has a double weakness to Rock-type attacks. So players can gain an early advantage by using Rock-type Pokemon as leads in the Raid Battle.
How to get Moltres in Pokemon Go
You can catch Moltres in Pokemon Go after beating it in a Raid Battle. After you defeat the Raid Boss, it will appear as an encounter for you to catch.
Moltres is part of Legendary Raid Battles and there’s currently no information regarding when Moltres is coming back to the Raid rotation, but we will keep this article updated if more information is released.
Best counters for Pokemon Go Moltres
The overall best Pokemon Go Moltres counter is Rampardos with Smack Down and Rock Slide. But since Rampardos is frail in battle, there are other Pokemon that can work as excellent counters to Moltres.
So here are the best counters for Pokemon Go Moltres Raids:
- Rampardos: With a jaw-dropping Attack stat of 295, Rampardos takes advantage of the double-weakness of Moltres to dish out high damage.
- Mega Aerodactyl: While it trails behind Rampardos in Attack stat, its Mega boosts are very useful in the Raid Battle.
- Rhyperior: With its signature move Rock Wrecker, Rhyperior can take off chunks of health from Moltres.
- Primal Kyogre: One of the best Pokemon in the game, Primal Kyogre can use both Water and Electric-type attacks.
- Mega Manectric: The most reliable Electric-type Pokemon in the game right now, Mega Manectric will not disappoint.
Players can also use other counters such as Tyranitar, Mega Blastoise, Zekrom, and Terrakion.
Is shiny Moltres available in Pokemon Go?
Yes, shiny Moltres is available in Pokemon Go. Lucky players can get shiny Moltres as an encounter after beating it in a Raid Battle.
Pokemon Go Moltres moveset
Here’s the Pokemon Go Moltres moveset:
- Fire Spin
- Wing Attack
- Fire Blast
- Heat Wave
- Ancient Power
That’s all you need to know to beat Moltres Raid Battles. For more on Pokemon Go, check out our guides:
How to best Pokemon Go Articuno Raid | How to connect Pokemon Go to Pokemon Scarlet & Violet | How to heal Pokemon in Pokemon Go | How many Pokemon are there? | Best Pokemon for PvP battles in Pokemon Go | How to get revives in Pokemon Go | Pokemon Go best attackers ranked | How to get the Master Ball in Pokemon Go | Pokemon Sleep: All Berries, ingredients, recipes, more