How to play The Finals beta: Playtest sign-up, start & end dates, SteelSeries GG, platforms, more
The Finals is an upcoming free-to-play competitive FPS game that is set to release in 2023, but here’s how players can get their hands on the game and try it early through the closed beta playtest.
The first-person shooter genre is an extremely popular category, with many extremely successful games such as Call of Duty, Apex Legends, and Destiny. That said, clearly, developers don’t think there’s enough, as ex-Battlefield devs at Embark Studios have decided to create a new free-to-play competitive FPS game called The Finals.
Set on a “combat-centered game show,” The Finals boasts high-octane, competitive gameplay that’s free-to-play.
So, if you’re interested in trying out The Finals, here’s how you can sign up for the closed beta and become a playtester for the game.
- The Finals beta platforms
- How to sign up for The Finals beta
- How to get The Finals beta with SteelSeries GG
- When is The Finals beta?
The Finals beta platforms
It’s important to note that while The Finals is set to be released on both PC and consoles when it launches, the beta and playtest period is exclusive to PC.
How to sign up for The Finals beta
To sign up for The Finals beta, simply follow these steps:
- Head over to The Finals’ Steam page.
- Scroll down until you see “The Finals Playtest.”
- Select “Request Access” to sign up for the beta.
- Wait for an email with a Steam key for access to the playtest.
Unfortunately, not everybody who signs up for the closed beta will be accepted, as the developers will only be able to select a certain amount of players.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
That said, the devs are constantly letting new players in, and it’s likely there will be multiple playtest/beta dates to come in the future before release, so it’s definitely worth signing up.
How to get The Finals beta with SteelSeries GG
There is a way SteelSeries GG account owners can get themselves a code, as they are giving away 50,000 codes as of March 7, and it’s first come first serve. Follow these steps to get The Finals beta with SteelSeries:
- Create a SteelSeries account and activate it through the verification email.
- Download the SteelSeries GG app.
- Open the app on your PC and select the “Giveaways” tab.
- Here, you will find The Finals beta access, select the window and request a code.
- Copy the code, open steam and redeem the key to start downloading The Finals beta.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to find The Finals on the Giveaways section of the SteelSeries GG app, this is because the 50,000 codes are gone.
When is The Finals beta? Start & end date
The Finals will run its closed beta from March 7, 2023, to March 21, 2023. This gives playtesters plenty of time to get to grips with the game.
That said, it’s likely that after these two weeks, more playtest dates will be announced, so stay tuned.
For more guides on exciting upcoming games, check out some other titles below:
Counter-Striker 2 | Grand Theft Auto 6 | Starfield | Star Wars Jedi: Survivor | CoD: 2023 | Diablo 4 | Resident Evil 4 | Dead Island 2
Image Credits: Embark Studios