How to salvage gear in Diablo 4
Diablo 4 players will collect a ton of gear while exploring the open world and defeating swarms of enemies and bosses. Instead of discarding your extra gear, you can salvage it for exciting cosmetics and crafting items, and here’s everything to know about salvaging gear in Diablo 4 Season 1.
Diablo 4 at its heart, is about defeating innumerable enemies, exploring dungeons, collecting loot, improving your gear and weapons, and building characters. With the Season of the Malignant finally underway, it’s the perfect time to start stacking up gear.
During Season 1, there are new features to check out, including a new type of item called Malignant Heart that can upgrade your builds with powerful buffs. However, you may find that items that you won’t use are taking up space in your invetory. You can sell them for Gold, transmog them, or salvage them.
In this guide, we’ll teach you how to salvage gear in Diablo 4 Season 1.
- What does salvaging gear in Diablo 4 do?
- How to salvage gear in Diablo 4
- What do you get by salvaging gear in Diablo 4?
What does salvaging gear in Diablo 4 do?
Salvaging gear in Diablo 4 grants crafting materials and appearances for weapons. Because your inventory in the game fills up very quickly, salvaging gear is a great way to get some space and crafting materials.
Salvaging gear is different from selling gear in Diablo 4 as doing the latter only grants you Gold that can be eventually used to purchase potions, weapons, armor, and other items from vendors.
How to salvage gear in Diablo 4
You can salvage gear in Diablo 4 by interacting with a blacksmith. There are 28 blacksmiths in the game, and they can be found in almost all major towns such as Kyovashad, Cerrigar, Ked Bardu, Gea Kul, and Zarbinzet.
Follow these steps to salvage your gear in Diablo 4:
- Search for the anvil icon on your map in Kyovashad and find the blacksmith.
- Interact with the blacksmith to open the unique GUI.
- Click the first tab at the top to open the Salvage window.
- You’ll have the following options to salvage gear:
- Salvage all junk – Salvage all gear you’ve marked as junk in your inventory.
- Common – Salvage all common (white) items.
- Magic – Salvage all magic (blue) items.
- Rare – Salvage all rare (gold) items.
- All items – Salvage everything in your bag.
- Pickaxe icon – Salvage the items you select. This is recommended if you want to salvage legendary weapons or armor.
We’ve selected Kyovashad’s Blacksmith as an example here because it is the first region that you travel to. All five regions in Diablo 4 have blacksmiths and you can salvage gear by interacting with any of them.
What do you get by salvaging gear in Diablo 4?
Salvaging gear in Diablo 4 hands out crafting materials like Rawhide and Superior Leather. Moreover, some weapons in the game unlock new appearances upon salvaging and you can use them through transmog.
The quality of crafting materials you get from salvaging gear in Diablo 4 largely depends on the item being salvaged.
Well, this was everything to know about salvaging gear in Diablo 4. For similar content, you can check out:
Diablo 4 pre-order bonuses | Is Diablo 4 coming to Xbox Game Pass? | Diablo 4 system requirements | Diablo 4 Battle Pass guide | Diablo 4 crossplay details | How to play Diablo 4 in couch co-op split screen | All classes in Diablo 4 | How to earn skill points in Diablo 4 | Best Diablo 4 Rogue builds | Best Diablo 4 Druid builds | Best Diablo 4 Barbarian builds | Best Diablo 4 Sorcerer builds