Malignant Invoker in Diablo 4 Season 1: How to craft, uses, more
Malignant Invokers are essential to your Diablo 4 Season 1 progress as they hand out offensive, defensive, utility, and resource buffs to your characters. Here’s everything to know about the Brutal, Devious, Vicious, and Wrathful Invokers in Diablo 4 including how to craft them and their uses.
Malignant enemies have taken over Sanctuary in Diablo 4 Season 1 and only you and Cormond can stop the corruption from annihilating everything. As a result, the seasonal journey is all about defeating the Malignant Enemies and collecting Malignant Hearts.
Malignant Hearts not only help in completing seasonal quests but they also work as Gems and you can socket them on your Jewelry to improve your build. These buffs can be related to offense, defense, resource, utility, and several other aspects and you wouldn’t want to miss out on them.
On that note, here’s everything to know about the Malignant Invoker in Diablo 4 Season 1, including its uses and how to craft the item.
- What is an Invoker in Diablo 4?
- How to craft a Malignant Invoker in Diablo 4
- How to get a Wrathful Malignant Invoker in Diablo 4
- How to get Malignant Ichor in Diablo 4
- How to use an Invoker in Diablo 4?
What is an Invoker in Diablo 4?
Invokers are crafted items, similar to Nightmare Sigils, and are used to activate formations called Malignant Outgrowths. This will allow players to target and farm Malignant Hearts of a specific color.
The map of Sanctuary has changed a lot with Diablo 4 Season 1, and every dungeon will randomly transform into a Malignant Tunnel. These areas house Malignant Outgrowths, that drop powerful buffs once they’re unlocked. In order to unlock them, you’ll need to make an Invoker.
How to craft a Malignant Invoker in Diablo 4
You can craft three types of Malignant Invokers at Cormond’s Workbenches in Diablo 4. These workbenches are available in most cities and you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Brutal Malignant Invoker – 50 Brutal Malignant Ichor, 20 Devious Malignant Ichor, and 20 Vicious Malignant Ichor
- Devious Malignant Invoker – 50 Devious Malignant Ichor, 20 Brutal Malignant Ichor, and 20 Vicious Malignant Ichor
- Vicious Malignant Invoker – 50 Vicious Malignant Ichor, 20 Devious Malignant Ichor, and 20 Brutal Malignant Ichor
How to get a Wrathful Malignant Invoker in Diablo 4
You cannot directly craft a Wrathful Malignant Invoker in Diablo 4, and the only way to obtain it is by crafting an Uncertain Invoker Cache.
You’ll require the following items to craft an Uncertain Invoker Cache that has a chance to drop the Wrathful Malignant Invoker in Diablo 4:
- 40x Vicious Malignant Ichor
- 40x Devious Malignant Ichor
- 40x Brutal Malignant Ichor
- 1000 Gold
Opening an Invoker Cache in Diablo 4 randomly hands out one of the four Malignant Invokers, and if you’re lucky enough, you might get a Wrathful Malignant Invoker. The rare item can then be used to interact with the Malignant Outgrowths at the end of Malignant Tunnels to get Wrathful Hearts.
Wrathful Hearts are the strongest hearts in Season 1 which explains their rarity. These hearts let you switch between buffs frequently and are significantly more valuable than the other Invokers.
How to get Malignant Ichor in Diablo 4
Malignant Ichor is the primary crafting ingredient for making Malignant Invokers in Diablo 4, and these are the best ways to get it:
- Malignant Tunnels – Malignant Tunnels in Diablo 4 are loaded with Malignant enemies and defeating them drops a ton of Malignant Ichor.
- Salvaging – You get Malignant Ichor by salvaging Malignant Hearts. Instead of discarding your unwanted/weak hearts, salvage them.
- Events – Take part in world events marked in orange circles. Upon completion, these events have a chance of dropping a decent amount of Malignant Ichor at once.
How to use an Invoker in Diablo 4?
Using an Invoker in Diablo 4 isn’t that easy, as you’ll first need to craft them yourself. To do so, you’ll have to find a Malignant Heart to break down into a base material. Luckily, the ones needed for this item can be taken from weaker Malignant Monsters once they are defeated.
Finally, to break down a Malignant Heart, you can ask a Blacksmith to salvage it and turn it into the Materials you’ll need.
Once you’ve crafted an Invoker, you’ll have to go into a Malignant Tunnel to look for Malignant Outgrowths. Once there, you can use your Invoker to summon a new Malignant Elite, which will drop Caged Hearts with powerful buffs.
Want to know how to survive in Diablo 4’s Sanctuary? The guides below will help you:
Best Diablo 4 Rogue builds | Diablo 4: Rogue passive skills explained | Best Diablo 4 Barbarian builds | Best Diablo 4 Necromancer builds | Best Diablo 4 Sorcerer builds | Best Diablo 4 Druid builds | How to salvage gear in Diablo 4 | All Diablo 4 classes | How to transmog gear in Diablo 4