Diablo 4: How to find & defeat The Butcher
Diablo 4 surprise boss The Butcher is an enormous demon that has become famous for annihilating unsuspecting players. Luckily, a YouTuber noticed a mysterious prompt that helps Wanderers notice when it’s going to appear. Here’s everything on how to spot The Butcher in Diablo 4.
Diablo 4 has plenty of hidden secrets for its players, which can sometimes be discovered by wandering around dungeons or unlocking Altars of Lilith. However, there is one surprise that has definitely scared most Wanderers: The Butcher.
The famous demon boss appears randomly on Sanctuary’s map and is almost unstoppable in higher World Tiers. However, a YouTuber found out a useful way of spotting The Butcher while in the game, which can save players a lot of problems.
Here’s how to spot The Butcher and beat him in Diablo 4.
- Who is The Butcher in Diablo 4?
- How to find The Butcher in Diablo 4?
- How to beat The Butcher in Diablo 4?
Who is The Butcher in Diablo 4?
The Butcher is a mysterious demon boss who spawns randomly in Diablo 4. This enemy can appear in any dungeon of Sanctuary, although some people never get the chance to meet him.
When players accidentally encounter The Butcher, the demon boss will follow them grunting “Fresh meat!”. He’ll begin attacking Wanderers mercilessly as they hear its special musical theme.
If The Butcher defeats the players or if they manage to escape by getting out of his reach, he’ll clash his knives together and teleport out, leaving a pool of blood on the ground. He won’t appear again at the same location.
How to find The Butcher in Diablo 4?
The Butcher is the only demon in Diablo 4 that finds you since he’s a roaming boss with a low chance of triggering. However, players have noticed that there’s a higher chance of encountering him when they’re down on health and healing items.
YouTuber GoinPostle2 also noticed and shared that there’s a clear musical cue that plays when you’re close to The Butcher, which is definitely helpful since players can’t know for sure when he’s going to appear. Here’s what The Butcher musical cue sounds like:
How to beat The Butcher in Diablo 4?
The Butcher in Diablo 4 moves and attacks fast, with almost no pauses or cooldowns. He’ll always chase the player’s character, ignoring companions or minions. He uses the following skills to kill Wanderers:
- Double Swing: The Butcher furiously swings his sickle and cleaver, dealing damage quickly at close distance.
- Headbutt: The Butcher winds up and delivers a powerful headbutt against the player character, stunning them for several seconds.
- Sickle Grab: The Butcher will throw his sickle to hook a distant player character and pull them into melee range, briefly stunning them.
- Mighty Roar: The Butcher lets out a terrifying shout, which covers a huge radius, and slows all players within range. This is often used when the player attempts to flee from him.
- Charge: The Butcher will quickly dash towards the player with a shoulder tackle, pushing them back and briefly stunning them.
- Bloody Frenzy: The Butcher will grunt and glow red for some seconds. While in this state, his attack speed is increased and he’ll sap life from his target with each successful attack, regaining a bit of his own.
In order to beat The Butcher in Diablo 4, players should maintain a safe distance from the demon to avoid its Double Swing, but not so far away that he’ll use his Sickle Grab or Headbutt. In the case that he does use these skills, they can be avoided, which will leave him briefly vulnerable.
The best way for facing The Butcher in Diablo 4 while playing solo is to use terrain as an obstacle or by running fast around him while pelting him with attacks. Keep in mind that The Butcher will be able to gain a shield on higher World Tiers.
Hey Wanderer! If you want to know more about Diablo 4, check these guides below:
Diablo 4: How to fix Error Code 75 | Diablo 4: How to increase stash space & use mule characters | Best Diablo 4 PvE builds for Season 1 | Diablo 4 Class tier list for Season 1 | All Diablo 4 Dungeons with side quests | Diablo 4 Altar of Lilith: All locations & stat boosts | Diablo 4 Gem levels explained | Diablo 4: Seasonal characters explained | Diablo 4 players desperate for past feature to stop “painful” backtracking | Diablo 4 Season Blessing bug breaks key endgame item