Warzone 2 & Modern Warfare 2 April 25 update patch notes: Killstreak banner adjustment & bug fixes
Warzone 2 and Modern Warfare 2 received updates on April 25 that brought several bug fixes to the games, as the devs look to make changes following the Season 3 update. Here are the patch notes for the update.
Despite the Warzone 2 and Modern Warfare 2 Season 3 updates bringing plenty of new content to the games, players have been calling for fixes to several bugs plaguing the gameplay experience across multiplayer and the battle royale.
Luckily, the devs decided to roll out a small update on April 25 to address several of the ongoing issues in Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2. To find out what’s changed following the update, here are the full patch notes.
Warzone 2 devs move Killstreak banner
Prior to the Warzone 2 Season 3 update, fans of the battle royale had been complaining about visibility issues. Most were particularly annoyed by the way a Killstreak banner in Warzone 2 would obstruct their view in crucial moments.
Following the April 25 update, Warzone 2 Killstreak banners should no longer obstruct players’ reticles. The devs have adjusted the placement of the banner and it will no longer interfere as you look to take down enemies in key gunfights.
Interestingly enough, the same change appeared in the Season 3 patch notes, but whether it’s only being implemented now, or if this consists of another change isn’t quite clear as of yet.
Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2 April 25 patch notes
- Added descriptions for picking up individual trophies in the “Trophy Hunt” Event.
- Reduced the number of lasers in Loadouts in Gunfight
- Added more ammo caches to Zaya Observatory in Ground War.
- Fixed an issue in Gunsmith where multiple Attachments displayed as Highlighted at the same time.
- Fixed an issue that showed a lock symbol on a BlackCell Sector despite the Player owning BlackCell.
- Fixed an issue that caused the loading time to spectate the next Player in Gunfight to take longer than intended.
- Fixed an issue with Recruit a Friend where Challenges were not tracking as intended.
- Fixed an issue causing the Pro-Tuned icon to display incorrectly when hovering an attachment in Gunsmith UI.
- Fixed an issue where some “Trophy Hunt” Event UI was missing in Battle Royale and displayed an incorrect number of trophies earned.
- Fixed an issue where, after restarting the game, both recruiters and recruitees would appear to lose progression on the Recruit a Friend Challenges menu.
- Fixed an issue where War Track Bundles were not showing the Bundle names on the Vehicle Select Menu.
- Fixed an issue that could cause tab navigation in Multiplayer to display an incorrect screen.
- Moved Killstreak banners to reduce reticle overlap on screen.
- Updated audio for opening loot caches.
- Fixed an issue preventing Players from pinging Contested Loadout Drops.
- Fixed an issue where after playing a match through the “What’s Hot” Playlist, Players could be met with an error after attempting to open the After Action Report.
- Fixed an issue in the Active Duty tab, when the Player customizes their Operator’s Skin or Finisher, they may spot the Reactive Bonus Effect table overlapping Bonus Effect table.
- Fixed an issue where equipping a larger Backpack would sometimes show the smaller Backpack returned to the Player’s inventory with the wrong name in the UI.
- Fixed an issue where if the Player is attempting to change weapons for their Loadout from the Active Duty tab, the Player will be sent back to the lobby screen.
For more, check out the best Ranked Play loadouts for Modern Warfare 2 Season 3, or how to make Warzone 2 Sniper Rifles one-shot kill in Season 3.
Source: Call of Duty blog
Image Credit: Activision