Soul Coins in Baldur’s Gate 3: How to get & what they do
Soul Coins are some of the most precious items in Baldur’s Gate 3, as they can help you in yourjourney. From what they do to where to get them, here’s all you need to know about Soul Coins in Baldur’s Gate 3.
Baldur’s Gate 3 players are actively engaged in exploring the game and trying out everything it has to offer, such as a great roster of companions, creatures, hard-to-beat villains, and several useful items and resources inspired by Dungeons & Dragons.
One of these items is Soul Coins, which you can get through optional side quests. Many players are taking an interest in them since they display strong potential in the long run which is why we recommend that you collect them whenever possible.
So, here’s how to get Soul Coins in Baldur’s Gate 3 and what they do.
What are Soul Coins in Baldur’s Gate 3?
Soul Coins are a unique and valuable form of currency and power supply utilized in the Nine Hells of Baldur’s Gate 3. They are generated when a soul is ensnared within a coin, which is then used by devils and their allies to trade and can be exchanged for an array of items and resources.
One of the main uses of Soul Coins is to power the infernal engine of Karlach. If you recruit her as your companion, she can consume a Soul Coin which will give her Infernal Fury. This makes her melee attacks deal extra fire damage when she is low on HP or Raging.
While this can help you in tough battles, you should be careful with using Soul Coins. They might have other uses later in the game.
How to get Soul Coins in Baldur’s Gate 3
You can find Soul Coins in several locations within Baldur’s Gate 3, and each location provides an adventure in itself.
Here’s where to get all Soul Coins in Baldur’s Gate 3:
- Druid’s Grove:
- Gifted by the Tiefling Nadira.
- Dank Crypt:
- Inside a room at the end of the dungeon, you’ll find it near the large sarcophagus to the south.
- It’s located to the west of the Crypt in an area with a big statue and bodies of Entombed Acolytes.
- You’ll find it next to the Amulet of Lost Voices after you take items from Wither’s sarcophagus. This is in the room behind the statue where you beat the undead acolytes.
- Moonrise Towers:
- If Karlach is a member of your party, engage in a conversation with the Bugbear NPC, Lann Tarv. Lann shares three poignant tales about ensnared souls. For each story you attentively listen to, you will receive a Soul Coin that contains each entity.
- Lower City:
- In Act 3, during the mission to locate Thrumbo, head to the specified location and pick the lock of a stone door situated to the west of the house. You’ll find the Soul Coin on a table laden with body parts at the eastern end of the upper house, which is guarded by ghoul adversaries.
- The House of Hope:
- Raphael’s house has a concealed safe located behind a trapped painting in the cambion’s bedroom, guarded by the hostile NPC, Haarlep. Neutralize the trap and pick the lock of the safe to discover the Soul Coin inside.
- Toll Collector’s House:
- To the south of the Risen Road Waypoint, look for the Toll Collector’s house. The top floor balcony of this house is where you’ll find a Soul Coin.
- Reithwin Town Tollhouse:
- Beneath the Tollhouse, there’s a southern route that leads to the docks. Successfully passing a Perception check here uncovers a button that reveals a hidden room. Inside this room, on a desk, lies the Soul Coin.
- Peartree House:
- As you track down other assassination targets following the “Murder Target: Frank” quest indicator, you can easily acquire a Soul Coin from this mark’s house mailbox.
- Venturing into the basement of the Peartree house uncovers two Soul Coins concealed in a strongbox that can be picked open.
That sums up everything you need to know about Soul Coins in Baldur’s Gate 3.
For additional information on the game, refer to our guides below:
Baldur’s Gate 3 Feats list | Baldur’s Gate 3 companions list | Who are the Githyanki in Baldur’s Gate 3? | Can you multiclass in Baldur’s Gate 3? | What is proficiency in Baldur’s Gate 3 | How to add fire to weapons in Baldur’s Gate 3 | How to solve Baldur’s Gate 3 moon door puzzle | All playable Baldur’s Gate 3 races | How to change your party in Baldur’s Gate 3