Baldur’s Gate 3 romance: All romanceable characters & relationships
Baldur’s Gate 3 features an emotional narrative based on Dungeons and Dragons that you can explore as you progress through its lengthy campaign, but does it allow you to find love? Here’s everything we know about romance in Baldur’s Gate 3.
One feature that players are wondering about is the option to partake in romance with characters. We’re here to shed light on the dynamics of romance in Baldur’s Gate 3, detailing if players can initiate a relationship with their selected characters.
- Is there romance in Baldur’s Gate 3?
- How to recruit companions in Baldur’s Gate 3
- How to romance in Baldur’s Gate 3
Is there romance in Baldur’s Gate 3?
Yes, Baldur’s Gate 3 allows you to form romantic relationships with your companions. There are seven different characters in the game that serve as romance options for the player.
Here are all the characters available for romance in Baldur’s Gate 3:
How to recruit companions in Baldur’s Gate 3
Before you can start romancing your Baldur’s Gate 3 companions, you need to recruit them to be on your team. Throughout Baldur’s Gate 3, you can get ten different companions to join your side.
Here’s how to recruit all Baldur’s Gate 3 companions:
- Astarion: Answer his call past the crashed Nautiloid ship.
- Shadowheart: Talk with her near where you wake up after the Nautiloid crashes.
- Gale: Meet him near the crashed Nautiloid ship, next to Roadside Cliff.
- Lae’zel: Interact with her when she’s in a cage north of the crashed Nautiloid ship.
- Wyll: Interact with him at the Druid’s Grove camp.
- Karlach: Go to the Blighted Village and make your way north, then east.
- Minthara: Interact with her at the Shattered Sanctum.
- Halsin: Side with a bear in its fight against some goblins near the Goblin Camp prison, and promise to protect the Emerald Grove.
- Jaheira: Complete Moonrise Towers and defeat Ketheric Thorm.
- Minthara: You can meet her in the Shattered Sanctum.
- Minsc: You’ll meet Minsc during Jaheira’s companion quest, so keep her alive till Act 3.
How to romance in Baldur’s Gate 3
To initiate romance with your companions in Baldur’s Gate 3, you’ll need to build a positive rapport with your preferred partner. You can do this by paying attention to specific dialogue choices or decisions that will positively resonate with the companion’s ethics, or make them feel appreciated.
The process may require some trial and error, but it’s advisable to pick your companion before you fully engage in the game, so that you can plan for potential scenarios and focus on kindling a romantic connection.
Once in the game, navigate to the character sheet and examine your companions’ stats. This will inform you about their level of approval of you, enabling you to modify your actions throughout your gameplay.
You are able to flirt with more than one companion, but some can get jealous. One example is Lae’zel, who would not appreciate it if she saw you making moves on Shadowheart. While your character’s race and class may have an impact on how your companions see you, it won’t restrict your romances.
For more on Baldur’s Gate 3, take a look at these guides:
Is Baldur’s Gate 3 coming to Nintendo Switch? | Does Baldur’s Gate 3 have multiplayer & co-op? | Is Baldur’s Gate 3 coming to Xbox? | What is the max level in Baldur’s Gate 3 | Is Baldur’s Gate 3 single-player? | Baldur’s Gate 3: All classes & subclasses explained | Is Baldur’s Gate 3 crossplay | All Baldur’s Gate 3 voice actors