How to restart Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet users may find that they’ve picked the wrong starter Pokemon or simply want to start a fresh save file, so our guide will walk you through this process.
Despite technical difficulties with the Pokemon Scarlet and Violet launch period, players have welcomed the new changes made in the ninth generation of Pokemon games and are celebrating its first DLC.
However, if something has gone wrong with your game, or you’ve made a mistake that requires you to start a new save file, then you simply need to follow some simple instructions.
How to delete and reset Pokemon Scarlet & Violet save data
If you’re looking to completely wipe your Pokemon Scarlet and Violet save data and want to start afresh, check out these handy steps to follow:
- Go to the Nintendo Switch’s home menu screen.
- Click on the System Settings option.
- Now, find the Data Management setting.
- When you’ve done that, look for Delete Save Data.
- You’ll want to select Pokemon Scarlet & Violet.
- Make sure you’ve got the right Profile selected if your console has multiple profiles.
- Confirm your choice, and the saved data will be deleted, and you will be free to start a new game.
It’s now a case of booting up the game again and going through the motions that you experienced when you began your first game.
It is important to note that trainers who start a new game will lose all of the Pokemon from their previous save file including shiny and Legendary Pokemon. You might want to send some to Pokemon Home to retrieve them during your fresh adventure.
For more Pokemon content, make sure to check out some of the following articles:
Everything you need to know about Herba Mystica | How to get Gimmighoul Roaming Form in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet | How does EXP Share work in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet? | How to breed eggs in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet | Pokemon Scarlet & Violet Mystery Gift codes | Everything we know about Pokemon Scarlet & Violet DLC | How to get all starters in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet