How to get Shiny Charm in Pokemon Sword and Shield
Shiny Pokemon have always been fascinating in Pokemon games because of their unique appearance. Here’s a guide to getting the Shiny Charm in Pokemon Sword and Shield.
Even though the primary objective of Pokemon Sword and Shield is to become the champion of the Galar region, there are many side quests that players can take up for fun. This includes collecting Shiny Pokemon.
Shiny Pokemon are different from regular Pokemon visually and offer no additional advantage in combat. Regardless, the community loves collecting them because they’re rare and provide you with bragging rights.
On that note, here’s how to get a Shiny Charm in Pokemon Sword and Shield.
- What does a Shiny Charm do in Pokemon Sword and Shield?
- How to get a Shiny Charm in Pokemon Sword and Shield
What does a Shiny Charm do in Pokemon Sword and Shield?
A Shiny Charm in Pokemon Sword and Shield increases the chance of each encounter being a Shiny Pokemon by three times. This effect applies to the Dynamax adventures as well.
When you have the Shiny Charm in your bag, the spawn rate of Shiny Pokemon will increase significantly. You can further increase these odds with methods like shiny chaining (defeat or catch up to 25 of the same Pokemon species in a row).
How to get a Shiny Charm in Pokemon Sword and Shield
You must complete the Pokedex by catching all 400 Pokemon in Pokemon Sword and Shield to get the Shiny Charm.
How to complete the Pokedex in Pokemon Sword and Shield
Here are some tips to get all 400 Pokemon in the game:
- Hatch eggs and breed Pokemon.
- Use Pokemon camp to evolve Pokemon.
- Take part in Max Raid battles.
- Catch a Ditto to get baby Pokemon.
- Pick the right Pokeball for every encounter.
- Do not ignore surprise trades.
- Explore wild areas and change the weather and date to get exclusive Pokemon.
- Collect all evolution items.
You’ll have to catch a Type: Null to complete the Pokedex as well, and here’s a guide on how to catch and evolve Type: Null in Pokemon Sword and Shield.
Get Shiny Charm from the Director in Pokemon Sword and Shield
After completing the Pokedex, follow these steps to get the Shiny Charm in Pokemon Sword and Shield:
- Open the in-game map and head to Circhester.
- Enter Hotel Ionia by going west from the Pokemon Center and taking the second left. Here, you’ll find the door to enter the hotel.
- Take the hotel’s elevator which is located to the left of the reception.
- Enter the room on the far left of the floor where you’ll meet the Director.
- The Director gives you a Catching Charm if you talk to him generally, but with a complete Pokedex, he’ll reward you with a Shiny Charm.
This is the only way to get your hands on a Shiny Charm in Pokemon Sword and Shield and is basically a part of the post-game content. Before trying to catch more Shiny Pokemon, make sure that you enjoy the game’s plot and become the Galar champion.
Image Credits: Game Freak