How to update PS5 DualSense controller on PC and PS5
The PlayStation 5 has been a commercial success not only because of the great exclusive titles but also because of the DualSense controller. Here’s how you can update the firmware of your PS5 DualSense controller on a PC or the PS5.
Sony entered the new generation of gaming with the PlayStation 5 and a brand-new DualSense controller. The console set new performance benchmarks and even the controller impressed gamers worldwide with its haptic motors and adaptive triggers.
Sony constantly releases firmware for the PS5 DualSense controller to improve its performance, and here’s how players can update it on their PC or the PS5.
How to update the PS5 DualSense controller on PC
Follow these steps to update your PS5 DualSense controller on PC:
- Visit Sony’s official site and download the Firmware updater for DualSense wireless controller.
- Save the Firmware updater on your desktop or another location.
- Run the installation file and follow the on-screen directions to complete the setup. The prompts might ask you to install additional software. Follow the instructions to download this software as well.
- After installation, run the Firmware updater for DualSense wireless controller.
- With a USB cable, connect your controller to your PC and follow the on-screen instructions to initiate the update.
- Do not disconnect the controller or shut down your PC until the update is completed.
- Click OK when the update is over.
It is worth noting that you cannot update multiple PS5 DualSense controllers at once. To update multiple controllers, you’ll have to repeat the aforementioned steps for each controller separately.
How to update the PS5 DualSense controller with a PS5
Follow these steps to manually update the PS5 DualSense controller on the PS5:
- Open your PlayStation 5’s home screen.
- Go to Settings > Accessories.
- In the Accessories section, find the Controllers menu and select Wireless Controller Device Software.
- Connect your DualSense controller to your PS5 with a USB-C cable and wait for the update to finish.
Whenever there’s an update for the DualSense controller, the PS5 sends an alert to the user. If you see this prompt, just connect your controller via a USB-C cable and click on Update Now. Do not turn off the console or disconnect the controller until the update is finished.
This was everything you need to know about updating your PS5 DualSense controller. If you use Discord to play games on your PlayStation, make sure to check out these guides on how to spoiler an image, how to screen share, and the meaning of the idle status on Discord.
Image Credits: Kamil S / Sony