Gamers, TV, and movie enthusiasts absolutely hate spoilers and Discord has come up with the perfect way to avoid them. Here’s how you can spoiler tag an image on Discord’s mobile app.
Discord has made a name for itself among gamers owing to the wide range of features it offers. From screen sharing to video and voice calls, it incorporates everything that a messaging app should have. This list of sought-after features also includes spoiler tags.
Here’s a quick guide to using spoiler tags for images on Discord mobile when you’re trying to be mindful of others.
How to use Discord spoiler tags on mobile
Follow these steps to mark an image as a spoiler on Discord mobile:
- Launch Discord and go to the desired server and text channel.
- Tap the + sign on the left side of the message box and select the image you want to send. Make sure that you do not hit send directly and tap somewhere else to find the picture attached to the message box.
- Press on the attached image which should open another window asking if you want to mark it as a spoiler.
- Check the box to mark it as a spoiler.
Now, all members of the channel will see a spoiler tag in front of the image and they won’t be able to see the contents unless they consent to it.
Spoiler tags on Discord mobile also work for texts and links. You need to use the || (for instance, ||text||) sign before and after your message and it’ll be displayed as a spoiler when you send it.
Similarly, use the || symbols before and after a link, and Discord’s mobile app will automatically mark it as a spoiler upon sending.
How to turn on/off Discord spoiler tags
Even though it’s wise to keep the spoiler tags settings on, Discord actually allows you to turn it off.
Follow these steps to turn off spoiler tags on Discord:
- Launch Discord and go to User Settings.
- Select Text & Images and choose when you want to see spoiler content.
- There are three options: On Click, On Servers I Moderate, and Always. Choose Always if you never wish to see a spoiler alert on Discord.
It is worth noting that you can turn off spoiler tags only on Desktop as the setting is currently unavailable on mobile.
Image Credits: Discord Inc.
Best Legends in Apex Legends Season 15: Every character ranked
Like any update for Apex Legends, Season 15 brought changes to the meta. Here are the best Legends to use...
Best LMGs in Warzone 2: Every Season 1 Light Machine Gun ranked
Here's every LMG in Call of Duty: Warzone 2 ranked from best to worst, so you know which weapons to...
Modern Warfare 2 player reveals how to take down a VTOL in just 7 seconds
This trick will allow you to swiftly take down Modern Warfare 2 VTOLs in just 7 seconds without the need...