DMZ patch notes for Warzone 2 Season 5: New Field Upgrades, bug fixes, more
The DMZ portion of the Warzone 2 Season 5 update delivers plenty of new features that players will get to dissect. Here are the full patch notes for DMZ in the Warzone 2 Season 5 update.
The Warzone 2 Season 5 update brings a ton of new content to the game, including a highly-anticipated CoD 2023 reveal event. DMZ players are also in luck, as the update also refreshed the mode with plenty of new features and content.
- Warzone 2 DMZ Season 5 update release date
- Warzone 2 DMZ Season 5 all new features
- Warzone 2 Season 5 DMZ patch notes
Warzone 2 DMZ Season 5 update release date
The Warzone 2 DMZ Season 5 update arrived on Wednesday, August 2 with the content going live at 9 AM PT / 12 PM ET / 5 PM BST for players on all platforms.
The battle between factions will continue to rage in Season 5: “Both sides will be fighting with everything they’ve got, calling in Killstreaks in what is known as Active Combat Zones. Intel suggests that higher-quality supplies and gear are more present in Active Combat Zones compared to single-faction areas.”
Furthermore, the Shadow Company is on your side in DMZ Season 5. The Season 5 roadmap blog confirmed that the Shadow Company “will not take the first shot on any Operator in any DMZ Exclusion Zone, and fight arm-in-arm with you in our battle against Konni.”
Warzone 2 DMZ Season 5 all new features
Warzone 2 players have several new features to discover in DMZ for the Season 5 update. For starters, two new vehicles have arrived in the form of the MRAP, a massive truck equipped for heavy combat, and the Dirt Bike, perfect for a quick escape across the sand.
Here’s an overview of the other features that have arrived in DMZ for the Season 5 update.
Disguised Field Upgrade
The Disguised Field Upgrade in Season 5 of Warzone 2 DMZ will allow you to take the appearance of a DMZ AI Combatant. Once the Disguised Field Upgrade is activated, “DMZ AI Combatants of the same faction will not attack unless you blow your cover and act aggressively towards them.”
Battle Revive in Warzone 2 Season 5 of DMZ mixes Battle Rage with a Self-Revive for a devastating effect. Battle Rage’s effects will kick in immediately after you’ve gotten up from the downed position.
This combination will allow you to regain health faster and offer an extended period of Tactical Sprint, allowing you to turn a terrible situation into an advantageous one.
The Self-Revive Box in Warzone 2 DMZ Season 5 will hold multiple Self-Revive Kits. This makes it an ideal item for squads infiltrating together.
Scuba Gas Mask
The new Warzone 2 DMZ Scuba Gas Mask will act as a two-in-one, combining the features of a traditional Gas Mask with a Rebreather. It’ll protect you from the gas as well as allow for more breathing time underwater.
Warzone 2 Season 5 DMZ patch notes
For those interested in checking out the full patch notes to see all of the changes and new content coming for DMZ in Season 5, here they are:
- Built for pure stealth engagements, the Disguised Field Upgrade allows you to appear as a member of a DMZ Combatant (AI) Faction. Equip the Disguise and DMZ Combatants of the same faction will not attack unless you blow your cover and act aggressively towards them.
- An experimental stimulant offering an adrenaline rush as you complete a self-revive: A Self-Revive mixed with pure Battle Rage! After using it to get up from Last Stand, it immediately activates Battle Rage’s effects, allowing you to heal more quickly. The Tactical Sprint is also constantly refreshed for a short period of time.
- Much like an Armor Box, this Field Upgrade holds multiple Self-Revive Kits. Perfect for squad-based infiltrations.
Scuba Gas Mask
- This is a Gas Mask that also acts as a Rebreather, providing protection from radioactive winds, gas, and allows for underwater breathing for an extended period of time.
New Missions and Urgents
- New Missions and new Urgent Missions (if unlocked) will become available in Season 05.
- Due to recent developments in Al Mazrah, Shadow Company is now allied with Operators across the Exclusion Zones. However, friendly fire will not be tolerated and this group WILL become hostile if provoked.
- Improved clarity on some Mission descriptions
- Adjusted infil locations across some Exclusion Zones
- Fixed an issue causing an incorrect Assimilation icon
- Fixed an issue where Blueprints didn’t count for certain ‘acquire weapon’ Missions
- Fixed an issue where the Notes menu could malfunction when navigating to Co-Op before DMZ
- Fixed an issue where certain items would be revoked from DMZ inventory
- Fixed a number of collision issues with the SAM sites across Exclusion Zones
- Fixed an issue where the smoke for the Quid Pro Quo mission was disappearing
- Fixed an issue causing the Signal Intelligence contract to have missing sounds
- Fixed an issue where IR Beacon placement actions were missing sounds
- Fixed an issue causing enemy weapon Blueprints to sometimes appear incorrectly after stowing into a Backpack slot
- Fixed an issue causing some Players to encounter Dev Errors in Building 21
There you have it, that was the full patch notes for DMZ in Warzone 2 Season 5. For more check out some of our other Warzone 2 guides:
Best guns in Warzone 2 | How to ping enemies in Warzone 2 | Best Warzone 2 landing spots | Best FOV settings for Warzone 2 | Best audio settings for Warzone 2 | How to get a nuke in Warzone 2 | Best Assault Rifles in Warzone 2 | Warzone 2 Armor Plate Carriers explained | What is Massive Resurgence in Warzone 2? | 10 most popular weapons in Warzone 2