How to ‘G-Walk’ in Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2: Overpowered movement exploit explained
Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 players use movement tricks to give themselves a competitive edge in combat. Now, the overpowered ‘G-Walk’ has been discovered, and here’s how to do it.
Movement is the key to your survival when you hop into Modern Warfare 2 and while the developers removed the slide canceling movement trick from the game, players have been finding replacements for it.
More movement tactics are discovered as players experiment in the game, and now a new one has popped up which may be even more overpowered than slide canceling because it makes the user nearly impossible to hit.
- What is the G-Walk in Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2?
- How to G-Walk in Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2
- Can you G-Walk on a controller?
What is the G-Walk in Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2?
On November 21, a community of Modern Warfare 2 players known as EuphoriaDream introduced a movement trick called the ‘G-Walk’ in a clip that shows their character repeatedly changing stances while moving around the map.
The Operator’s motions are much harder to predict because of their constantly shifting stance and erratic movement, making them an extremely difficult target for opponents to lock on to. Players who master the movement are essentially remaining prone while moving at full speed.
How to G-Walk in Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2
Performing Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2’s G-Walk movement trick is much easier on a keyboard and mouse as you’ll need to utilize the keybind settings and your mouse’s scroll wheel.
Here’s how to G-Walk on PC and console with a mouse and keyboard:
- Launch Modern Warfare 2 and head to Settings
- Head to Keyboard and Mouse Settings then navigate to Gameplay
- Switch Automatic Sprint to Off
- Turn Tactical Sprint Behavior to Single Tap Sprint
- Head to the Keybinds tab
- Bind Prone to Scroll Wheel Down
- Alternate between pressing the sprint button and moving the scroll wheel down to G-Walk in Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2
Can you G-Walk on a controller?
You technically can G-Walk on a controller, but you’ll need to download third-party software and use macros to do it. We wouldn’t recommend doing this as you will risk getting flagged by RICOCHET anti-cheat and receiving a ban.
Image credits: Activision