How to beat Sierra in Pokemon Go (February 2024): Best counters & weaknesses
Sierra is one of the Team Go Rocket Leaders players can face in Pokemon Go, so here’s everything you need to know about her complete lineup for February 2024, including strategies, weaknesses, and best counters to beat her Shadow Pokemon team.
After Pokemon Go players get the Rocket Radar, they have the chance to battle one of the Team Go Rocket Leaders: Cliff, Arlo, or Sierra. These three villainous trainers change their Pokemon every few months to throw players off-guard, so knowing their lineup beforehand is crucial to beat them.
So, here are all the details about Sierra’s February 2024 lineup of Shadow Pokemon, including her weaknesses and the best Pokemon Go team to win the battle.
- How to beat Sierra in Pokemon Go
- How to counter Tentacool in Pokemon Go
- How to counter Sierra’s Sableye, Honchkrow, or Milotic in Pokemon Go
- How to counter Sierra’s Houndoom, Alakazam, or Victreebel in Pokemon Go
- Best team to defeat Sierra in Pokemon Go
How to beat Sierra in Pokemon Go
Sierra doesn’t like to mess around in Pokemon Go, and her February 2024 team, composed of Shadow Pokemon, has some really strong contenders you need to be careful of in Pokemon Go.
Here’s the complete lineup of Sierra:
- First Battle: Tentacool
- Second Battle: Sableye / Milotic / Honchkrow
- Third Battle: Alakazam / Houndoom / Victreebel
To beat Sierra, you’ll have to make sure that you have Pokemon that can provide different resistances and super-effective attacks against most of these opponents.
How to counter Tentacool in Pokemon Go
Tentacool is a Water/Poison-type Pokemon, which means it’s weak against Ground, Electric, and Psychic-type moves. It’s also resistant to Bug, Steel, Fighting, Fire, Water, Ice, Fairy, and Poison-type attacks, so be careful who you pick for this fight.
While Ground, Electric, and Psychic-type Pokemon are best suited for this battle, we recommend picking counters that can be effective in more than one fight against Sierra’s team.
With that in mind, here are some of the best counters to defeat Tentacool:
- Mewtwo with Confusion and Psystrike.
- Mega Alakazam with Confusion and Psychic.
- Primal Groudon with Mud Shot and Precipice Blades.
- Mega Garchomp with Mud Shot and Earthpower.
- Mega Gardevoir with Confusion and Psychic.
How to counter Sierra’s Sableye, Honchkrow, or Milotic in Pokemon Go
Sableye is a dual Dark and Ghost-type Pokemon, which means it’s only weak against Fairy-type moves. It’s also resistant to Normal, Psychic, Fighting, and Poison-type attacks, so be careful who you pick for this fight.
Since Fairy-type attacks have a double weakness (4x super-effectiveness) against Sableye, we recommend picking Pokemon in those categories.
With that in mind, here are some of the best counters to defeat Sableye:
- Gardevoir with Charm and Dazzling Gleam.
- Togekiss with Charm and Dazzling Gleam.
- Xerneas with Geomancy and Moonblast.
- Sylveon with Charm and Dazzling Gleam.
- Primarina with Charm and Moonblast.
Honchkrow is a Dark/Flying-type Pokemon, meaning it’s weak against Electric, Fairy, Ice, and Rock-type attacks. It will resist Ground, Psychic, Dark, Ghost, and Dark-type moves.
Shadow Honchkrow can surprise you with a Psychic-type attack, so you should stick to the basics.
Some of the best counters to take Honchkrow down are listed below:
- Rampardos with Smack Down and Rock Slide.
- Mega Diancie with Rock Throw and Rock Slide.
- Rhyperior with Smack Down and Rock Wrecker.
- Mega Tyranitar with Smack Down and Stone Edge.
- Gardevoir with Charm and Dazzling Gleam.
Milotic is a pure Water-type Pokemon, which means it’s only weak against Electric and Grass-type moves. This Pokemon is resistant to Fire, Ice, Steel, and Water-type attacks, so you shouldn’t have much problem with your picks.
Here are some of the best counters to defeat Milotic:
- Mega Sceptile with Fury Cutter and Frenzy Plant.
- Kartana with Razor Leaf and Leaf Blade.
- Raikou with Thunder Shock and Wild Charge.
- Xurkitree with Thunder Shock and Discharge.
- Electivire with Thunder Shock and Wild Charge.
- Magnezone with Spark and Wild Charge.
How to counter Sierra’s Houndoom, Alakazam, or Victreebel in Pokemon Go
As a dual Fire and Dark-type Pokemon, Houndoom is weak against Fighting, Ground, Rock, and Water-type attacks. It’s resistant to Ghost, Steel, Fire, Grass, Psychic, Ice, and Dark-type moves, so be careful with your pick.
Fighting-type Pokemon are your safest bet, but you can also go with not-so-obvious choices, relying on powerful Water-types.
These are some of the best counters to choose from:
- Lucario with Counter and Power-Up Punch.
- Machamp with Counter and Close Combat.
- Conkeldurr with Counter and Dynamic Punch.
- Kyogre with Waterfall and Surf.
- Primarina with Charm and Hydro Pump.
- Tyranitar with Smack Down and Stone Edge.
Alakazam is a pure Psychic-type Pokemon, meaning its only weaknesses are Bug, Dark, and Ghost-type attacks. Luckily, it only resists Fighting and Psychic-type moves.
Exploiting Alakazam’s weaknesses when you face Sierra in Pokemon Go can be a little tricky, so here are some useful counters to beat it:
- Mega Tyranitar with Bite and Brutal Swing.
- Mega Gengar with Lick and Shadow Ball.
- Chandelure with Hex and Shadow Ball.
- Mega Banette with Shadow Claw and Shadow Ball.
- Mega Houndoom with Snarl and Foul Play.
Victreebel is a dual Grass and Poison-type Pokemon, so it’s weak to Fire, Flying, Ice, and Psychic-type attacks. Its list of resistances includes Grass, Electric, Fairy, Fighting, and Water-type moves.
Here are some of the best counters to defeat Victreebel:
- Mewtwo with Psycho Cut and Psystrike.
- Baxcalibur with Ice Fang and Avalanche.
- Rayquaza with Air Slash and Dragon Ascent.
- Reshiram with Fire Fang and Fusion Flare.
- Yveltal with Gust and Oblivion Wing.
- Moltres with Wing Attack and Sky Attack.
Best team to defeat Sierra in Pokemon Go
Since you can only pick three Pokemon to face Team Rocket Leader Sierra in Pokemon Go, you’ll need to cover different Pokemon types to be prepared for whatever she has up her sleeve in February 2024.
You can choose a Grass-type Pokemon to wipe out Tentacool fast. We recommend going with Sceptile since its moves can work very well against Milotic as well. However, it might be best to stick to Fairy and Electric-type Pokemon since there are many counters that work for more than one of Sierra’s picks.
A balanced team to be ready for anything should have Togekiss, Mewtwo, and Xurkitree. Alternatively, you can replace Mewtwo with a Dark or Ghost-type Pokemon so Alakazam isn’t a problem for you.
For more Pokemon Go content, check out our other guides:
Pokemon Go Spotlight Hour schedule | Pokemon Go Egg chart | Best Pokemon for PvP battles in Pokemon Go | Pokemon Go Eggs-pedition Access | How to get the Master Ball in Pokemon Go | Pokemon Scarlet & Violet: Every Pseudo Legendary ranked | How to get Jangmo-o in Pokemon Go | How to get Drampa in Pokemon Go