How to beat Pokemon Go Hisuian Samurott Raid: Weaknesses, counters & can it be shiny?
Hisuian Samurott is debuting with the new Pokemon Go season, and many players are eager to get this evolved starter on their teams. Here’s how to beat Hisuian Samurott’s Raid in the game alongside the best counters and its shiny availability.
The Adventures Abound season of Pokemon Go is almost over, but players are already excited about what’s coming next. Timeless Travels will add many Hisuian Pokemon to the mobile game, and Hisuian Samurott will be the first one to headline Raids for players to challenge.
After debuting in Pokemon Legends: Arceus, the starter evolution made its way into Pokemon Scarlet and Violet with a tough Tera Raid Battle. Now, the Formidable Pokemon is ready to debut in Pokemon Go, and players will need all the help they can get to add it to their teams.
So, here’s everything you need to know to beat Hisuian Samurott’s Raids in Pokemon Go, including its weaknesses, shiny availability, full moveset, and more.
- How to get Hisuian Samurott in Pokemon Go
- Pokemon Go Hisuian Samurott weaknesses
- Best counters for Pokemon Go Hisuian Samurott Raid
- Pokemon Go Hisuian Samurott complete moveset
- Is shiny Hisuian Samurott available in Pokemon Go?
How to get Hisuian Samurott in Pokemon Go
Pokemon Go players can get Hisuian Samurott by defeating it in 3-Star Raids on Sunday, December 3, 2023, from 2 PM to 5 PM (local time). Trainers will only get the chance to catch the Pokemon during the Hisuian Samurott Raid Day event. While it’s likely Niantic will add another date later on, there’s still no official confirmation, so stay tuned.
Pokemon Go Hisuian Samurott weaknesses
Unlike Samurott, Hisuian Samurott is a dual Water and Dark-type Pokemon, which means it’s weak against Fighting, Bug, Grass, Electric, and Fairy-type attacks.
It’s also worth noting that Hisuian Samurott can resist Ghost, Steel, Fire, Water, Ice, Dark, and Psychic-type moves. The Hisuian creature is immune to Psychic-type attacks in mainline games, but those work different in Pokemon Go.
Best counters for Pokemon Go Hisuian Samurott Raid
The best overall counter to face the Hisuian Samurott 3-Star Raids in Pokemon Go is Mega Sceptile with Fury Cutter and Frenzy Plant.
While Hisuian Samurott will headline 3-Star Raids that can be beaten by one high-leveled trainer alone, it’s always best to get ready with a team full of powerful counters. Alongside Mega Sceptile, here are other alternatives to beat this Raid with ease:
- Terrakion, with Double Kick and Sacred Sword. Terrakion’s TDO (Total Damage Output) is the highest on this list and even surpasses Mega Sceptile’s.
- Kartana, with Razor Leaf and Leaf Blade. The Ultra Beast is one of the best Grass-type attackers in the game.
- Mega Gardevoir, with Charm and Dazzling Gleam. Mega Gardevoir can make great use of its STAB with a Fairy-type moveset.
- Mega Rayquaza, with Dragon Tail and Dragon Ascent. While most counters on this list have type advantage over Hisuian Samurott, Mega Rayquaza is still a great option for dealing neutral damage.
- Raikou, with Thunder Shock and Wild Charge. The Legendary Pokemon is a top-tier Electric-type attacker in the game and can work great in this Raid.
Other interesting alternatives for the Hisuian Samurott Raid include Mega Blaziken, Magnezone, Electivire, Xurkitree, Machamp, Zapdos, and Mega Manectric.
Pokemon Go Hisuian Samurott complete moveset
To better prepare for the Hisuian Samurott Raid in Pokemon Go, here’s a list of all the moves that the boss can use in Pokemon Go:
- Fury Cutter (Bug)
- Snarl (Dark)
- Waterfall (Water)
- Dark Pulse (Dark)
- X-Scissor (Bug)
- Icy Wind (Ice)
- Razor Shell (Water)
Can Hisuian Samurott be shiny in Pokemon Go?
Yes, Hisuian Samurott can appear as its shiny variant after being defeated in 3-Star Pokemon Go Raids. What’s more, lucky trainers who encounter a shiny Hisuian Samurott after defeating it in a Raid battle will have a guaranteed catch.
The odds of encountering a shiny Hisuian Samurott after defeating it in 5-Star Raid Battles is 1 in 60 or 1.67% chance.
And that’s all you need to know to beat and catch Hisuian Samurott in Pokemon Go. For more Pokemon content, make sure to check some of our other guides below:
When’s the next Pokemon Go Community Day? | Pokemon Go Spotlight Hour schedule | Are Pokemon Go servers down? | How to get Master Ball in Pokemon Go | How to beat Giovanni in Pokemon Go | Pokemon Go PokeStop Showcase schedule | How to get every Eevee evolution in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet | Pokemon Scarlet & Violet Tera Raid Battle schedule | Pokemon Go promo codes | How to claim free Pokemon Go Prime Gaming rewards