Overwatch 2 August 24 update patch notes: Illari nerf, bug fixes, more
Overwatch 2 Season 6 is still finding its balance after the big Invasion update, and Blizzard just released patch notes for an August 24 update to change the new Support hero and fix some general glitches. Here are the Overwatch 2 August 24 update patch notes.
Blizzard have just confirmed a new batch of general updates for Overwatch 2 Season 6 that arrived on August 24. This patch addresses the first time they nerf Illari’s abilities and some general fixes for the new maps and game modes.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Overwatch 2 August 24 update patch notes.
- Overwatch 2 August 24 general update
- Overwatch 2 Illari nerf in August 24 patch notes
- Overwatch 2 August 24 patch notes: Bug fixes
Overwatch 2 August 24 general update
The Overwatch 2 devs confirmed that they’re still adjusting the Player Progression system and tweaking some details for Season 6’s new features. Here’s what they said about the changes in the Overwatch 2 August 24 update:
- Player Progression: Updated the Wins sub-badge level-up requirement from 2 to 1 across all heroes, game modes, and roles, and re-tuned XP granted to balance.
Overwatch 2 Illari nerf in August 24 patch notes
Illari nerf Overwatch 2
Developer Comments: Illari has had a strong showing since her launch. The following changes are meant to promote a better balance between healing and damage while adding more counterplay against her abilities. We are making the Healing Pylon weaker, as it’s often placed out of line-of-sight or at odd angles and isn’t being destroyed as often as we expect. Captive Sun ignoring barriers is not immediately intuitive, but we are also reducing the projectile size, so blocking or destroying will require more precision. Finally, the Sunstruck effect lasts too long to reasonably avoid the detonation damage threshold.
- Healing Pylon: Heal decreased from 40 to 30. Shields decreased from 75 to 50.
- Captive Sun: Projectile Impact and explosion are now blocked by barriers. Projectile size decreased from 1.5 to 0.75 meters. Sunstruck duration decreased from 7 to 6 seconds.
Overwatch 2 August 24 patch notes: Bug fixes
- Fixed bug where some event challenges weren’t counting towards “Savior of the Underworld” for the Brigitte Sparkplug skin.
- Fixed an issue that made the Ashe Snakewrangler Skin in the Battle Pass a premium reward instead of a free one. Any player on the free Battle Pass track who already unlocked this tier will receive this skin automatically.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players backfilling into the Underworld Event Mission and Invasion Story Missions.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Spectating of players in the Underworld Event Mission and Invasion Story Missions.
- Bastion: Fixed an issue where the “Medal Victory” pose was not listed in the Hero Gallery.
- Echo: Fixed an issue with cloned Illari’s Captive Sun explosion, damaging herself and her allies.
- Orisa: Fixed an issue where the “Who Said Chivalry Is Dead?” voice line is missing from Hero Gallery. Fixed an issue where World Cup Skin for Orisa was inaccessible.
- Toronto: Fixed in a previous update: Fixed an issue with Slicers clipping into the Ferry, making them difficult to target.
- Gothenburg: Fixed in a previous update: Fixed an issue where “The Babies Are Safe” challenge was unable to be completed. Fixed an issue with the Titan being invisible for the first few seconds of its intro. Fixed an issue with an invisible collision around the Mega-Cannon that blocks Brigitte’s Shield Bash and Whip Shot.
- Underworld: Fixed in a previous update: Fixed an issue where the “Stop, Thief!” challenge was unable to be completed.
For more, make sure to check out our other Overwatch 2 guides:
Best Overwatch 2 PC settings: How to boost FPS & optimize graphics | Does Overwatch 2 have cross-progression crossplay? Is Overwatch 2 crossplay? | How to play Overwatch 2 on Steam Deck | Best Overwatch 2 Heroes | Best Overwatch 2 PC settings: High FPS, graphics & visibility | How to get Golden Guns in Overwatch 2 | How to change crosshair in Overwatch 2