Activision Releases MW3’s Record Breaking Numbers
❘ Published: 2012-02-09T21:39:11
❘ Updated: 2012-02-13T04:30:50
Activision Blizzard have just announced their Calendar year 2011 and Q4 2011 earnings, and it looks like MW3 and Elite were the main reasons for such an amazing quarter. Heres the break down by Activision:
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- For the calendar year, in aggregate across all platforms in the U.S. and Europe, Activision Publishing’s MW3 was the #1 best-selling title in dollars, and Call of Duty: Black Ops was the #5 best-selling title in dollars.
- In November 2011, MW3 became the first video game ever to surpass $775 million in retail sales in its first five days of release and the only entertainment property to cross the $1 billion mark in 16-days, eclipsing “Avatar’s” 17-day record.
- As of January 31, 2012, more than seven million gamers have registered for Call of Duty Elite, including more than 1.5 million premium annual memberships the company has sold for the online service.
- MW3 players logged more than 639 million hours of online gameplay through December 31, 2011.
- Total unique online gamers playing MW3 were more than 12% greater than the total unique online gamers who played Call of Duty: Black Ops during the first two months after each game’s release.
- In March 2012, Activision Publishing expects to release the first MW3 Content Collection, a compilation of content previously released to Call of Duty Elite premium members, on the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.
SOURCE: Activision Press Release