Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom – How to beat Gloom Hands
There are many formidable foes in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, including the daunting Gloom Hands. If these creepy enemies get a hold of Link it could be disastrous so here’s how to beat Gloom Hands in Zelda TOTK.
As you journey through Hyrule in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, you’ll come across some powerful enemies. Utilizing the best weapons and armor in TOTK can help you defeat strong foes, but you’ll also want to increase your survivability with more hearts.
The more hearts that Link has, the better your chances at survival when facing strong enemies. However, some foes can sap Link’s health down to zero. Your first encounter with Gloom Hands in TOTK was likely a frustrating one as they drained through Link’s health.
Luckily, with the right strategy to beat Gloom Hands in TOTK, dispatching them is a simple task.
How to defeat Gloom Spawn Hands in Zelda TOTK
Preparation is key when facing Gloom Spawn Hands in Zelda TOTK. Keeping your distance is vital as this fast enemy is incredibly difficult to outmaneuver.
Gloom Spawns will feature five hands with their own health bar that you’ll have to take down simultaneously. If you don’t beat them all at once, there’s a chance that the defeated hands could respawn.
Here are some tips to dispatch Gloom Spawn Hands in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
Best weapons & strategy to beat Gloom Hands in Zelda TOTK
- Bomb flowers
- Monster parts: Chuchu jellies, Like stones, and Keese eyeballs
- Magic rods
Bomb flowers are by far the most useful tool when looking to defeat Gloom Hands in TOTK. Don’t forget that keeping your distance is key, so finding high ground can prove extremely worthwhile.
Aiming down toward the Gloom Hands from an elevated location will give you enough time and space to win the battle. You’ll want to use between six to seven bomb flowers to eliminate all of the Gloom Spawn Hands.
Tips to beat Gloom Hands in Zelda TOTK
Zelda players who equip the best weapons and strategy to take down Gloom Hands in TOTK aren’t guaranteed success.
Here are some tips to keep in mind when facing Gloom Hands in Tears of the Kingdom:
- Escape Gloom Hands if caught: Shaking your analog stick from side to side as fast as possible will allow you to get released from the Gloom Hands if you’re caught in their deadly grip. If you’re fast enough you can avoid losing any hearts.
- Sundelion dishes: Gloom will quickly spread over your hearts if Gloom Hands get a hold of you. Luckily, you can eat Sundelion dishes to erase the impact of gloom. Cooking a few Sundelion dishes before tackling Gloom Hands is a great idea. In addition, gloom-resistant dishes can be cooked using dark clumps.
- Depths Armor: The Depths Armor in Zelda TOTK will make you more resistant to gloom damage.
- Know when the battle is lost: It may take you a few attempts to conquer Gloom Hands, so don’t be afraid to run away if things aren’t going your way. Especially with a secret boss fight waiting for you once the Gloom Hands are defeated.
Of course, as previously mentioned, don’t forget to claim the high ground and take down all five of the hands at once.
Zelda Gloom Spawn Hands & Phantom Ganon rewards
Gloom Hands drop Dark Clumps once they’re defeated, which are an essential ingredient in cooking gloom-resistant dishes.
More importantly, once you defeat any of the Gloom Spawn Hands in TOTK, a secret second phase of the fight will commence presenting Phantom Ganon are your next opponent.
Phantom Ganon is another tricky foe and you’re not obliged to face the new enemy, but if you’re up to the task, valuable rewards are up for grabs.
Defeating Phantom Ganon can reward players with a Gloom Sword, Gloom Club, or a Demon King’s Bow. The Demon King’s Bow is particularly valuable as one of the best Bows in the game that increases in power the more hearts you have.
For more Zelda TOTK, check out some of our other guides:
When is The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom set? | What are “tears” in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom? | Can you play as Zelda in Tears of the Kingdom? | Will there be DLC for The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom? | How to get Zora Spear & Lightscale Trident in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom | Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom – How to make hoverbike