How to unlock unreleased Railgun in GTA Online
GTA Online features plenty of powerful weapons that you can use to cause mayhem around Los Santos, and there is a trick that you can use to get your hands on the unreleased Railgun.
Los Santos is filled with different activities for you to engage in after hopping into a GTA Online session, including purchasing expensive vehicles, completing heists, spending time at the Diamond Casino, or just blowing up other players.
There are a ton of guns that you can acquire at Ammu-Nation, but one deadly weapon that’s not available there is the Railgun. We’ll go over how you can unlock this weapon in Grand Theft Auto Online.
How to get the Railgun in GTA Online
In order to get the Railgun, you’ll need to start a job with the random weapon modifier selected and then exit it when you have the weapon. This trick was highlighted by Grand Theft Auto data miner ‘Floorball.’
Here’s what you need to do:
- Log in to the Rockstar Games Social Club.
- Bookmark the job on PC, Xbox, or PlayStation, depending on your platform.
- Open the Online tab while in GTA Online.
- Go to Jobs and then select Play Jobs.
- Open Bookmarked Jobs and then start the job in Deathmatches.
- In the lobby, invite one other person to the job and then start.
- If you don’t have the Railgun, blow yourself up and respawn until you do.
- Open the Interaction Menu and buy ammo for the Railgun.
- Change your outfit to force a game save.
- Find a new session.
- Reload the Railgun and change your outfit to save the game.
If you’ve followed these steps correctly, the Railgun will be available for you to use in Grand Theft Auto Online. If you somehow end up losing the weapon, simply repeat this process to acquire it again.
While this weapon isn’t meant to be available in GTA Online yet, this trick will let you unlock it early. The Railgun is available in fires kinetic energy penetrator rounds at supersonic speed, and you can use it to instantly take out helicopters in a single shot.
Its explosive power makes it an extremely deadly weapon. The only downside is that it takes a couple of seconds for the blast to charge up again, so you’ll want to avoid being in your enemy’s line of sight when that happens.
For more GTA, you can also check out our helpful guides:
GTA Plus rewards | How to get GTA Online’s Service Carbine | How to cancel a mission in GTA Online | Where to find Luxury Autos & Simeon’s Premium Deluxe Motorsport | Does GTA Online have crossplay? PC, Xbox, & PS5 cross-platform info | How to register as a CEO in GTA Online
Image Credit: Rockstar Games / GTA Wiki