Destiny 2: How to complete Imbaru Engine final puzzle
The Imbaru Engine is a series of puzzles left by Savathûn to guide guardians to The Final Truth that she promised would help them defeat The Witness. But solving these puzzles can be quite complicated, especially the final one. So here’s how to solve the Imbaru Engine final puzzle.
Destiny 2 has always had a lot of secrets and puzzle-solving. In Season of the Witch, Bungie have laid out a series of challenges called The Imbaru Engine, which was left by Savathûn to guide guardians to The Final Truth, which is said to be the key to defeating The Witness.
But solving the Imbaru Engine final puzzle can be quite troublesome for guardians, both new and veteran to Destiny 2’s roundabout way of storytelling.
So here’s all you need to do to complete the Imbaru Engine final puzzle and unlock the Triumph and the special Shader.
- First Part: collect all the Opaque Cards
- Second Part: Find all the Flames
- Third Part: Solve the Test of Truths and Lies
Destiny 2 Imbaru Engine First Part: collect all the Opaque Cards
To solve the Destiny 2 Imbaru Engine final puzzle, you must first collect all the Opaque Cards, including all minor and major Arcana. The last card to be revealed is “The Parting Gift” that Savathûn left for the guardians.
The last card can be found crossing the bridge to your right as you enter the Altars of Summoning, crossing the bridge to your right, and following the path until you reach the Altar of Feracity. Once you reach there, look up for the card above one of the columns, collect it, and unveil it to proceed forward.
Destiny 2 Imbaru Engine Second Part: Attune and find all the Flames
The next part to solve the Imbaru Engine final puzzle in Destiny 2 will require you to find three Soul Fire Flames scattered across the Altars of Summoning, Imbaru Engine, and Savathûn’s Spire.
But first, you will need to travel to the Imbaru Engine’s top floor by traversing all the elevators until you see there’s a new unlocked area with a portal. Take the portal and reach an area where a prompt will appear and say “Attune to the braziers.”
Once you’ve done this, you are now able to traverse back to the other three locations we will detail next, grab the Soulfire Flames, and take them back to the braziers.
- First Flame: Inside the Imbaru Engines, in “The Mists Below.” Backtrack to the first room, where you will find a Deepsight spot. Interact with it and climb the platforms until you reach the flame next to the upper wall.
- Second Flame: Inside the Altars of Summoning. Upon reaching the location, look to the upper right corner, and you’ll see the flame in the distance among the tall building towers. Follow the path ahead until you reach four green beacons. Turn to the right, and you’ll see a Deepsight spot. Interact with it and follow the platforms until you reach the flame.
- Third Flame: Inside Savathûn’s Spire, traverse to the part where you need to decipher the rune patterns, near the jumping puzzles with the braziers and the round platform towers. You can spot the brazier below one of the towers. You need to interact with the Deepsight spot in one of the platforms, backtrack a little, and jump until you reach the flame.
Destiny 2 Imbaru Engine Third Part: Solve the Test of Truths and Lies
The next thing you need to do to solve the Imbaru Engine’s final puzzle in Destiny 2 is to take the Soul Fire back to the braziers and light them up. Simple enough as this might sound, the next part is the hardest.
To solve the Test of Truths and Lies, Guardians need to activate the Magic Circle in the room ahead and wait until all the symbols are lit, then follow the next steps:
- Look to the right and activate the star-shaped Hive rune.
- Turn 180º and look for the eye-shaped Hive rune. Activate it.
- You’ll now see a buff that says ‘Lies x2.’ Next, you need to seek four symbols and activate them in the correct order.
Once you have activated the runes in the correct order, follow the next steps:
- Go back to the center of the room and look at the triangle-like activator plate.
- Interact with it until you see a prompt that says “Savathûn recognizes your cunning.”
- Go ahead and claim Savathûn’s “present.”
If you need further guidance, here’s a full video walkthrough uploaded by ‘Esoterickk’ to guide Destiny 2 players to the Final Truth left by The Witch Queen.
If you manage to accomplish all the Imbaru Engine puzzles and successfully complete the final puzzle, you will receive a Triumph and a Shader.
And that’s all you need to know to complete the Imbaru Engine final puzzle in Destiny 2. If you found this information useful, then we have more guides right here for you:
Destiny 2 Season of the Wish release date & more | Destiny 2 The Final Shape: release date & more | Destiny 2 codes for free Emblems and Shaders | Destiny 2’s Thorn Catalyst | Destiny 2 Lightfall Power cap | Destiny 2 How to get Strand Meditations | Best Destiny 2 PVP weapons | Destiny 2 stat tracker: How to check your Destiny 2 stats | Destiny 2 Glory Ranks: What are they & rewards