Destiny 2 Season of the Wish: End date, new dungeon, Dragon’s Breath Exotic, more
Destiny 2’s new season, titled Season of the Wish, has finally arrived, and here’s everything you need to know about Season 23, including a new dungeon, new weapons, Seasonal Exotic, and more.
Destiny 2 Season of the Wish has started, and Guardians are left to face the consequences of their actions inside the Imbaru Engine. With the recent discovery of the 15th wish, a mystery that has been hidden for the past 5 years, Bungie have revealed the new season along with tiny bits of information.
We have gathered all the info available from past Bungie reveals and from several sources to offer you everything we know so far about Season of The Wish.
So, eyes up Guardians, here’s all you need to know about Destiny 2 Season 23, including end date, gameplay changes, weapons, and more.
- Destiny 2 Season of the Wish schedule
- Destiny 2 Season of the Wish expected locations
- Destiny 2 Season of the Wish seasonal exotic & seasonal armor
- Destiny 2 Season of the Wish weapon buffs & nerfs
Destiny 2 Season of the Wish schedule
Destiny 2 Season of the Wish is currently live and it will run until June 4, 2024. Remember to claim your seasonal boost rewards and check for the newly available content from your seasonal rewards hub.
You can watch the teaser trailer right here, which showcases the return to the Dreaming City alongside Queen Mara Sov and the powerful Ahamkara, Riven.
Keep in mind that the servers will be “at capacity” after the maintenance, so you can expect some trouble logging in for the first few hours following the release of the new season.
It is worth mentioning that during Season of the Wish, a new dungeon called ‘Warlord’s Ruin’ will be the End Game seasonal activity. This new challenge is scheduled to go live at 5 PM GMT on Friday, December 1, 2023.
Destiny 2 Season of the Wish seasonal exotic & seasonal armor
Destiny 2 Season of the Wish brings new seasonal weapons and armor that Guardians can obtain through the multiple activities available throughout the season.
Chivalric Fire seasonal ritual weapon
The ritual Weapon for Season 23 is called Chivalric Fire, a Sword expected to have a Caster Frame and a Hungry Edge, with a new perk called Attrition Orbs: “causing sustained damage creates an Orb of Power.”
Dragon’s Breath seasonal Exotic
The Dragon’s Breath Exotic Rocket Launcher is the feature Exotic of this season. Showcased during Bungie’s reveal of The Final Shape, this comes with a series of changes that make it differ from its Destiny 1 version.
- Burn the World (Exotic Intrinsic): The weapon has a fuel counter (max x5) that passively increases the longer you go without firing it. Firing Dragon’s Breath spends the charges, to grant them a boost effect that causes Scorch and creates an area that periodically damages and applies Scorch to targets. The more charges it uses, the more this effect lasts.
- High Octane (Exotic Intrinsic): Nearby Ignitions refuel the Burn the World, and when fully charged, Dragon’s Breath reloads automatically.
- Pyromancer (Exotic Catalyst): Passively replenishes fuel, and charges fuel faster. Killing enemies have a chance to make a Firesprite spawn.
New Legendary Weapons
Several new legendary weapons are being added to the world and activity drops, including the following:
- Lethal Abundance Auto-Rifle, a Strand re-envisioned Ether Doctor.
- Belisarius-D, a crucible Pulse Rifle similar to Redrix’s Claymore.
- Adhorative, a Pulse Rifle that has a similar design to that of Vex Assault Weapons.
- Lethophobia, energy combat bow with the new Origin Trait: Dragon’s Vengeance.
- Parabellum, a Gambit exclusive SMG with an Adaptive Frame.
- Optative, a void energy hand canon returning from Vex Assaults, with the Nano-Munitions Origin Trait.
- Supercluster, a strand shotgun with Pinpoint Slug Frame, and which also has the Dragon’s Vengeance Origin Trait.
Seasonal Armor & Ornamental Armors
The seasonal armor during Season of the Wish has a similar design to the Great Hunt armor set available in The Last Wish Raid, but with a little inspiration in the Season of Defiance armor set, with Awoken design and a clear overhaul of the color palette.
The Wyrmguard sets are the seasonal armor available for all three classes. Then, the Athemic Invocation sets are the Seasonal Ornamental Armors.
Destiny 2 Season of the Wish weapon buffs & nerfs
Destiny 2 devs already discussed several of the gameplay changes that will be rolled out during Season of the Wish and one of them is the highly requested Vault System on the Orbit lobby. Other minor changes and tweaks can be found on the official Destiny 2 site.
The Vex Mythoclast is also receiving a considerable damage buff against rank-and-file opponents, bosses and vehicles, and a 200% increase against Champions.
Bungie also revealed that the exotic pulse rifle Revision Zero is getting a 100% increase in damage against Champions as part of Bungie’s initiative to improve the PvE meta against these strong opponents.
Destiny 2 is also rolling out a new PvP mode for Iron Banner, called Tribute, that will be rolled out, allegedly, during the first iteration of said activity in Season of the Wish.
Bungie also confirmed that Sparrow Control is the new experimental mode coming to Destiny 2, and will allow players to use Sparrows during the PvP matches. A bug turned into a feature, nonetheless, a fun one.
Finally, Bungie is introducing a Foundry Weapon focus during Season 23. This will allow players to craft weapons from the Hakke, Omolon, Veist, and Suros brands, and will probably add more flair to the stale crafting system.
And that’s a wrap-up on everything we know so far about Destiny 2 Season of the Wish. For more Destiny 2 content, you can consult our guide section right below:
How to get Monte Carlo Catalyst in Destiny 2 | Destiny 2 codes for free Emblems and Shaders in October 2023 | Destiny 2 Lightfall Power cap | Destiny 2 How to get Strand Meditations | Best Destiny 2 PVP weapons | Destiny 2 stat tracker: How to check your Destiny 2 stats | Destiny 2 Glory Ranks: What are they & rewards | Destiny 2 New Zavala voice actor