How to save in Baldur’s Gate 3: Devs offer solution
Baldur’s Gate 3 players are reporting several problems with their save files, even after purging their Early Access save files. Here’s how to fix Baldur’s Gate 3 save files issue & save files location, just as Larian Studios explained.
Baldur’s Gate 3 players have been reporting that their save files won’t work with the latest version of Larian Studios’ RPG. Even after deleting all prior Early Access files, as suggested by the dev team, many are finding that can’t get their new games to load.
Luckily, Larian Studios came through with a workaround while they promised to look into the issue. Here’s how to save your game in Baldur’s Gate 3 & where to find your save games folder.
Balder’s Gate 3 save file location: How to fix save game issue
Larian Studios suggested that the main culprit of this issue might be any Antivirus software denying permission to the game. If this is the case, you can add LariLauncher.exe file to your antivirus system’s trusted apps, which might have blocked it automatically.
However, if you already have the LariLauncher.exe file as a trusted app, and you’re still experiencing problems while creating a manual save, you can try the following methods:
- Delete your old saved game files manually on your PC:
- You’ll have to go to your User Folder. There, you should open AppData, then Local, go to the Larian Studios folder, and when getting into Baldur’s Gate 3, you should delete the BG3 folder.
- Verify the integrity of Steam game files via Properties>Browse Local Files window.
- Turn off cloud saves, delete the game and reinstall Baldur’s Gate 3. Make sure to delete all your saved files from Cloud Sync.
- Check for any Firewall software that might be blocking access to Baldur’s Gate 3 files.
- Launch the game directly from its .exe file. If this works, exit the game and turn off cloud saves on Steam.
For more on Balder’s Gate 3, check out these guides:
Does Baldur’s Gate 3 have multiplayer & co-op? | How to change your party in Baldur’s Gate 3 | Best Baldur’s Gate 3 PC settings for high FPS, graphics, more | Are Baldur’s Gate 3 servers down? Current server status | Does Baldur’s Gate 3 have microtransactions & is it pay-to-win? | Is Baldur’s Gate 3 single-player? | Baldur’s Gate 3: All classes & subclasses explained | Is Baldur’s Gate 3 crossplay |