Apex Legends Mobile launch patch notes: Fade, weapon changes, bug fixes, more
Here are the full patch notes for Apex Legends Mobile’s launch, detailing the new Legend Fade, as well as the weapon changes and bug fixes.
Apex Legends Mobile is almost here, and developers have released the launch patch notes detailing the new mobile-exclusive Legend Fade, as well as the weapon changes, bug fixes, and more.
With the success of Call of Duty Mobile and Fortnite on mobile, it’s no surprise that Respawn Entertainment are throwing their hat into the ring with Apex Legends Mobile. The mobile version is almost exactly the same battle royale that Apex players know and love, but with some significant differences.
One of these main differences are the mobile-exclusive Legends, with Fade arriving in Apex Legends Mobile at launch. The launch patch notes are now live ahead of its May 17 release, detailing Fade’s background and abilities, as well as all of the changes made since the last playtest.
- Fade arrives in Apex Legends Mobile
- Weapon changes at Apex Legends Mobile launch
- Apex Legends Mobile launch patch notes
Fade arrives in Apex Legends Mobile
While Apex Legends Season 13 has just introduced Newcastle, Apex Legends Mobile brings a brand-new mobile-exclusive Legend — Fade.
Ignacio ‘Fade’ Huamaní has returned from another dimension, looking for ” justice and redemption in the Apex Games.” His dimension-hopping suit brings powerful new abilities to the game, where Fade can phase back to a previous location and can force everyone in his vicinity to be “unable to deal or receive damage.”
Weapon changes at Apex Legends Mobile launch
As well as introducing the 30-30 Repeater into Apex on mobile, the devs have made significant changes to weaponry for launch, turning the Triple Take and G7 into Marksman Rifles and buffing the Volt.
The Triple Take is now more familiar to players coming from PC and console, with the launch patch notes confirming that it’s been turned into a Marksman Rifle that now uses Energy Ammo. Plus, the G7 Scout is now a Marksman Rifle as well, and the Volt SMG has had its damage and magazine size buffed.
You can check out all of the weapon changes in the full Apex Legends launch patch notes below.
Apex Legends Mobile launch patch notes
NEW LEGEND: Fade
Ignacio Huamaní was the youngest in a family of military-tech hunters. Working together, they made a living “recovering” weaponry and selling it to the highest bidder. As the youngest, he was the lookout, and eager to prove he could handle more. So he took on a contract with a mysterious client, and acquired the suit for him. But it was a trap: his family died, and the suit propelled him into another dimension. It’s been a long journey, but he’s finally back, and ready to find justice and redemption in the Apex Games. He can’t turn back the clock for his family, but on the Battlefield, he is the master of not only his own destiny, but the destiny of those in his crosshairs.
- Passive: Slipstream
- Fade gains a short movement speed boost at the end of his slide.
- Tactical: Flashback
- Fade’s suit rips him backwards through another dimension, phasing him to his previous location.
- Phase Chamber
- Fade throws an activator core from his suit.The resulting explosion phases everyone within the radius for a few seconds making them unable to deal or receive damage.
Advance Training Level
In the Advance Training Level, you can practice advanced techniques and weapon handling skills in a free environment. Practice makes perfect!
Practice and hone your skills for rewards in weekly challenges! Missions and objectives will rotate weekly. Complete these challenges to earn juicy rewards.
NEW ARENA MAP: OVERFLOW
Things are heating up and Overflow is the perfect map for spicy plays! Tight corners, lanes and flanking opportunities await you and your teammates at Overflow’s unique POIs. Will you be on fire or get burned in this lava-ish new edition to the Arena map pool?
NEW FEATURE: TEAM FILL
Nobody likes a quitter. But now, that’s not such a big deal. Auto team fill is a new feature that will bring players into active games if another player leaves prematurely. (Only active in Team Deathmatch)
Complete challenges to unlock levels and rewards in the Apex Legends Mobile Battlepass. In Apex Legends: Mobile, items are tiered from D to S. Unlock the “Vermin Control” skin for Caustic and the “SOS Signal” for the Kraber just by starting the pass. Along the way, Gibraltar’s “Gentle Giant”, Mirage’s “Graffiti Artist”, “Ready for Impact” Pathfinder and the “Authorized Personnel Only” Havoc. You’ll also earn banner frames, holosprays, emotes, trackers, weapon charms and more.
The Battle Pass also gives players opportunities to unlock Fade. By reaching level 25 in the free Battle Pass or purchasing 10 levels of the premium and then attaining 15 more normal levels, he’ll join the Roster.
CO-OP CLUB MISSIONS & CLUB STORE:
This brand new feature allows squads to pick challenges they want to achieve together to unlock rewards in the brand new Club Store!
A brand new Emote system is coming to Apex Legends Mobile allowing you to conveniently communicate with friend and foe alike.
WEAPONS, ATTACHMENTS & GEAR:
- New Weapon: 30-30 Marksman Rifle.
- New Scope: 4x – 10x Thermal imaging Optic
- New Gear: Heatshields
- Replicators will now drop in random locations within the Ring
LEGEND PERK SYSTEM:
- New visual upgrades to the system
- Added Legend rewards to the perk system, earn rewards by completing Legend-specific objectives
- Added a perk planning feature to plot your next move ahead of time
- Added a perk recommendation feature to help you get straight into the action
- Changed ammo type to energy
- Weapon type changed to Marksman Rifle
- Can now equip energy mags and sniper stocks
- Weapon type changed to Marksman Rifle
- Damage increased from 15 -> 17
- Mag size increased to 35
Fully Kitted Weapons
- Removed: Hemlok, Devotion LMG, Mozambique
- Added: Flatline, L-Star, 30-30
- Removed Peacekeeper
- Added Volt SMG
APEX LEGENDS MOBILE IN BELGIUM
Unfortunately, we won’t be publishing Apex Legends™ Mobile in Belgium due to the local regulatory situation around paid random rewards.
BUG FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- FPS optimization pass for iPhone 13 or newer devices
- Fixed Gibraltar’s shield bounce while aiming down sights
- Fixed an issue with Gibraltar’s ult not behaving correctly
- Fixed various textural issues on models
- Fixed an issue where Pathfinder’s grappling hook would not disengage
- Fixed an issue that would cause Pathfinder’s grapple hook to interact incorrectly with his model
- Fixed an issue where players would get stuck in dropships if repeatedly tapping their tactical skill
- While active, Mirage’s decoys can now imitate Mirage’s emotes
- Fixed an issue where some railings could not be jumped over.
- Fixed a collision issue that caused throwables to pass through doors if another player is close colliding with it.
- Red weapons will now automatically pick up ammunition.
- Fixed some out of bounds areas on World’s Edge
- Fixed an issue where nameplates would pile together while on dropship
- Many other fixes and improvements.
For more on Apex Legends, be sure to check out our full review of Season 13, as well as the best FOV settings.
Source: Respawn Entertainment
Image Credit: Respawn Entertainment
Pokemon Go Spring into Spring event: Dates, Cutiefly & Ribombee debut, new costumed Pokemon, bonuses, more
The Spring into Spring event in Pokemon Go brings a new debuting Pokemon alongside seasonal costumes, bonuses, Research, and more.
Best FIFA 23 Career Mode defenders: Highest-rated & top wonderkids
FIFA 23’s best career mode defenders will solidify your back line, from the highest overall sweepers to the most promising...
Pokemon Go Season 10 Rising Heroes: Start date, new features, Timed Research, events, more
This article covers everything there is to know about Pokemon Go Season 10: Rising Heroes, including dates, new features, events,...