Fortnite fans were devastated when the game was removed from Apple’s App Store back in 2020. While you still can’t download it on iOS, you can play Fortnite on your iPhone using Cloud Gaming and NVIDIA’s GeForce Now.
Apple and Epic Games were locked in a legal battle surrounding in-app purchases which caused Fortnite to be removed from the App Store and iOS devices in August 2020, and fans haven’t been able to play on their iPhones since.
However, thanks to NVIDIA’s GeForce Now service as well as a partnership between Epic Games and Microsoft, Fortnite has returned to iPhones and iPads.
Here’s how to sign up and play Fortnite on your iOS devices once again.
- How to play Fortnite on iOS with Cloud Gaming
- How to play Fortnite on iOS with GeForce Now
- How to link Epic Games and NVIDIA accounts
How to play Fortnite on iOS with Cloud Gaming
On May 5, 2022, Microsoft confirmed that they had entered a partnership with Epic Games, and mobile players can now play Fortnite through Xbox’s Cloud Gaming. They also confirmed that this service will be completely free.
This means that Fortnite players will be able to drop into the game on their phone, tablet, or PC without having to pay for a subscription, including iOS devices. Microsoft announced that the battle royale title would be their “first free-to-play” game on Cloud Gaming.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to Xbox.com/play on your web browser
- Sign in with your Microsoft account
- Register for the Cloud Gaming beta
- Select Fortnite
- Hop into the game and start playing on your iPhone or iOS device
How to play Fortnite on iPhone & iOS with GeForce Now
Alternatively, you can also play Fortnite on your iPhone or iOS device with GeForce Now. This touch-control version of the game is available on iOS Safari and Android mobile devices.
Here’s everything you need to do:
- Either register or sign in to GeForce Now (you don’t need to pay for a premium membership)
- Register for GeForce Now’s Fortnite
- Open Safari on your iPhone or iPad and go to play.geforcenow.com. Then follow the instructions to add a home screen shortcut
- Sign in and play Fortnite through GeForce Now
This will stream a touch-friendly version of Fortnite to your Apple device, so you can get back to playing Fortnite on your mobile.
How to link Epic Games and NVIDIA accounts
Fortnite players can link their Epic Games and NVIDIA accounts once they’ve joined the GeForce Now closed beta.
Here’s how to link your Epic Games and NVIDIA accounts:
- Open GeForce Now on Safari
- Go to ‘settings’
- Find the ‘connections’ tab
- Select ‘Epic Games’
- Log in with your Epic Games account
After you do this, your entire Fortnite account will be at your fingertips. And you only need to sign in once, too.
Image Credit: Epic Games / NVIDIA GeForce Now
Warzone 2’s new Resurgence map revealed by leak
A new leak seems to have revealed what the upcoming Warzone 2 Resurgence map will look like when it arrives...
Where to find the Art Museum Key in Warzone 2 DMZ: Location & guide
Wondering where to find the Art Museum Key in Warzone 2's DMZ mode? Sit back as we've got a useful...
What are Fortnite Reality Augments? New perk system explained
Fortnite Chapter 4 features a new addition known as Reality Augments, and here's everything that you need to know about...