Pokemon Scarlet & Violet version 1.3 update patch notes: Pokemon Go connectivity, Tera Raid Battles & bug fixes
The Pokemon Scarlet and Violet version 1.3 has arrived to fix some crucial issues regarding Tera Raid Battles, Pokemon Go connectivity, and other bugs. Here are the patch notes for the latest update.
Five months after its official release, Pokemon Scarlet and Violet received a new update to solve many of the issues players have been experiencing since launch. The version 1.3 update is focused mainly on the Walking Wake and Iron Leaves Tera Raid Battle bugs but also brings additional fixes for other features.
Here are the patch notes for the Pokemon Scarlet and Violet version 1.3 update.
Pokemon Scarlet & Violet 1.3 version fixes Walking Wake & Iron Leaves Tera Raid bugs
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet players that took part in the Walking Wake and Iron Leaves Tera Raid Battle events before installing version 1.2 of the game received an Egg instead of the opportunity to catch the Paradox Pokemon. According to the latest patch notes, this bug has been fixed, and those players will now be able to catch these Pokemon.
In addition, the Tera Raid Battle events for these two Pokemon will have a new set of dates starting May 1. You can check our Tera Raid Battle guide for more information. You can also check the Walking Wake and Iron Leaves guide for tips and the best counters to use.
Pokemon Scarlet & Violet 1.3 patch notes
Here are the rest of the Pokemon Scarlet and Violet version 1.3 update patch notes:
A change has been made to the deadline for entries for Friendly Competitions, which are found in the Online Competitions section of the Battle Stadium.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- Before this change: Entries were allowed until the Friendly Competition began.
- After this change: Entries will be allowed until the Friendly Competition ends.
- Fixed a bug in Link Battles where selecting ‘Swap in’ just before the selection timer reached zero could fail to switch in the selected Pokemon and subsequently cause switching — and the battle itself — to act abnormally.
- Fixed a bug in Link Battles where once the remaining time for the battle was under one minute, it would no longer be displayed where it was supposed to.
- Fixed a bug that occurred in Link Battles where, depending on the move being used at the time a Pokemon fainted, the amount of time a Trainer received to select their next Pokemon was reduced.
- Fixed a bug where the Cud Chew Ability would trigger again once every two turns after it triggered the first time, contrary to what is written in the Ability description.
- Fixed a bug that occurred when Zoroark Terastallized while using its Illusion Ability to disguise itself as another Pokemon. On the Check Status screen, the Terastallized Zoroark’s type would display as the original type of the Pokemon it had disguised itself as, rather than Zoroark’s Tera Type.
- Fixed a bug that occurred when Zoroark used its Illusion Ability to disguise itself as another Pokemon that had already Terastallized. This bug caused Zoroark’s type on the Check Status screen to incorrectly display as the Tera Type of the Pokemon Zoroark had disguised itself as.
- Fixed a bug in Double Battles with moves that cause stat changes for the Pokemon using the moves. This bug caused the stat changes to incorrectly happen twice if the user hit two opposing Pokemon with the move while an opposing Pokemon was behind a Substitute.
Pokemon Go Connectivity
- Fixed the main issue causing the game to crash on the screen used to pair with a Pokemon Go account.
- Fixed a bug affecting Trainers who received Hisuian Zoroark from the Mystery Gift screen as a special early-purchase bonus for The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero for Pokemon Scarlet or Pokemon Violet without first having seen Zoroark in their game. This bug caused Zoroark to be incorrectly displayed as registered in these Trainers’ Pokedexes.
- Other select bug fixes have been implemented.
Despite the many bug fixes implemented with update 1.3 of Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, it seems like the majority of them are focused on fixing issues that version 1.2 brought. Players are still demanding quality of life updates and other major bug fixes for issues they’ve been experiencing since launch.
For more Pokemon Scarlet and Violet content, you can check how to make it night in the game, everything we know about the upcoming DLC, or meet the newest Pokemon in the franchise.
Image Credits: Game Freak / The Pokemon Company